CANARYKING

Michael and Delia are “ devastated “

Bet they are, got to get off their lofty perches and sort this mess out. Can’t get my head around this “ left in March “ but is still here signing players etc

1 minute ago, CANARYKING said:

Bet they are, got to get off their lofty perches and sort this mess out. Can’t get my head around this “ left in March “ but is still here signing players etc

They've outsourced so much to the Webber's that they even let Stu write his own leaving statement on their behalf.

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Because he hasn’t left and is currently working a 12 month notice period, I would say given the announcement has come now that his departure is imminent but he is nothing but a professional and will continue to ensure his legacy at this football club is not damaged 

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, Yobocop said:

Because he hasn’t left and is currently working a 12 month notice period, I would say given the announcement has come now that his departure is imminent but he is nothing but a professional and will continue to ensure his legacy at this football club is not damaged 

If you typed that without creasing up then fair play to you. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

and will continue to ensure his legacy at this football club is not damaged 

Don't let ANYONE tarnish his legacy. It's taken him six years of his life* to take us from 8th in the Championship to.... 

...13th in the Championship.

*90% of it

Edited by canarydan23
  • Like 1
  • Haha 9

3 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Don't let ANYONE tarnish his legacy. It's taken him six years of his life to take us from 8th in the Championship to.... 

What a stupid outlook.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

What a stupid outlook.

Thank you very much.

Is the void above the quote a representation of what's between your ears?

• Haha 8

15 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Thank you very much.

Is the void above the quote a representation of what's between your ears?

Nope. It's a representation of all the useful and constructive things you've ever had to say.*

Edited by littleyellowbirdie
*ignoring your completely sound views on electoral reform

22 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Don't let ANYONE tarnish his legacy. It's taken him six years of his life* to take us from 8th in the Championship to.... 

*90% of it

Think from the outside looking in that’s a very simplistic way of looking at it yes 

however as fans of the club we know different and I’m sure are able to acknowledge the improvements both on and off the pitch since his arrival 

definitely time for him to move on but don’t think he should be discredited for the work he’s put in 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

We seem to be in an age where it is acceptable for individuals to be paid enormous salaries and then for them to get highly praised for just doing the job they were paid that enormous salary to do in the first place.

Bravo SW, you oversaw the transformation of Colney. You should qualify for a bonus really.

• Like 7

Webber had a great start but wheels have been coming off for some time. And bottom line is that the truly dreadful summer window two years ago was so very bad it really did derail much of his good work and leave us back where the club was when he found us. 13th was a fair reflection. 

Much of the infrastructure is indeed better but you sense chaos and carnage behind the scenes. You also feel he is jumping now because the entire club is moving in the wrong direction without a budget in place to sort things. 

The signings thus far also represent a massive shift away from webber type players with sell on value to ageing champs journeymen. Whose called for this I wonder? Is it Webber not trying too hard? Is it grabbing some bargains because he is not allowed to open purse strings with new man on the way? Is it someone else dictating?

is financial reality much worse than we are told hence his realisation there is little chance of good times ahead? 

But bottom line is his tenure was a real mixed bag of very positive (colney, pukki, emi) and very negative  (rude arrogance, rashica, no cdm, millions p^*+%d up the wall) 

Edited by Dean Coneys boots
  • Like 3

Webber the darling of the Happy Clappers not exactly a surprise.  The question needs to be "What have you done for me lately", answer nothing.  Except for hoodwinking the Smiths ( not a trait unexploited by his predecessors).   

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

We seem to be in an age where it is acceptable for individuals to be paid enormous salaries and then for them to get highly praised for just doing the job they were paid that enormous salary to do in the first place.

Bravo SW, you oversaw the transformation of Colney. You should qualify for a bonus really.

Under self funding the bonuses paid from fans hard earned money. No development at Carrow Road but the apparent 8th. wonder of the world that looks like Alcatraz at Colney.

10 hours ago, Yobocop said:

He should absolutely 100% not be allowed to move to Leeds at this moment in time. He should be placed on gardening leave til the end of his notice period. If we allow him to go there at this juncture then it tells you just how much the lunatics are running the asylum. And I say that despite that fact i don’t really like him or rate his recruitment abilities. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

He should absolutely 100% not be allowed to move to Leeds at this moment in time. He should be placed on gardening leave til the end of his notice period. If we allow him to go there at this juncture then it tells you just how much the lunatics are running the asylum. And I say that despite that fact i don’t really like him or rate his recruitment abilities. 

I am usually very supportive of your opinion Jim. Note though that if he does 9 months gardening leave the Club will still have to pay his Salary from which the funding will come out of the pockets of Ordinary supporters. 

9 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

If he's as bad as you say then letting move to Leeds would be a genius move to diminish a relegation rival surely?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

That sounds exactly like what happens with professional footballers. Why get all starry-eyed about anyone who's highly paid then?

Pukki? He did his job and now he's off. Next.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

Absolutely standard from the owners, it's always been the same.

I remember them being "devastated" when they had to sack Worthy.

Christ, I remember them being "devastated" when Brian Hamilton resigned, ffs.

Why we aren't run like a proper football club is beyond me. Pretty much all other clubs manage it, yet we are run like some small family business, still, in 2023.

It's time for Attanasio to come forward and be clear about what his intentions are for the club.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

SW said he was leaving in March, so D and M have been “ devastated “ for three months, must be a joy round the dinner table 

13 hours ago, essex canary said:

I am usually very supportive of your opinion Jim. Note though that if he does 9 months gardening leave the Club will still have to pay his Salary from which the funding will come out of the pockets of Ordinary supporters. 

One minute you proclaim to be an expert on club finances, then you come up with this bizarre statement. By stating this you even push yourself as the voice of "the people" and yet everyone knows your main motivation is what benefits YOU.

You need to drop this "big game" that everyone can see through and consider that the amount of BS you chuck about really isn't doing you any favours.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, alex_ncfc said:

Why we aren't run like a proper football club is beyond me. Pretty much all other clubs manage it, yet we are run like some small family business, still, in 2023.

I have to live the corporate world each day of the week, so I love how we're ran and find it refreshing knowing we have owners who actually care for the club, and people they work with. We'll soon be a club ran by numbers, though, don't worry about that.

I look forward to what comes as I'm an optimist, and even though the Attanasio's end goal is to make money on us, that can only happen if we have success on the field. 

But, as I miss the Queen now there's a King in her place, I think I'll be feeling the same way the day that Delia steps down and we have an American businessman smiling back at us.  (Well, the few times a season we see him).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alex_ncfc said:

Absolutely standard from the owners, it's always been the same.

I remember them being "devastated" when they had to sack Worthy.

Christ, I remember them being "devastated" when Brian Hamilton resigned, ffs.

It's time for Attanasio to come forward and be clear about what his intentions are for the club.  

Hahaha. Sorry, but rubbish.

There are equally numbers of managers that they thanked but didn't say they were "devastated" about. Not only that, it really isn't uncommon for clubs to respond in this way, even more so if the owners have a close bond with the club. Pretty sure Leicester have been similar with managers.

The only thing that is on point about your comment is "standard from the owners" in that the vast majority of clubs don't celebrate sacking a manager or sporting director. It's incredibly poor PR and very ill-advised to do differently really. Very standard, very "nothing to see here".

You don't want future applicants for this post or other posts to be put off by the response from the owners, that standardises such responses really. 

I look forward to the day when managerial departures are not formulaic.

"Norwich City regretfully announce the departure of club legend Bryan Gunn who is no longer manager of the first team. You were a legend as a player, but thank funk you're not in the manager's chair any more. Norwich City is now looking for a new manager".

Edited by TheGunnShow

10 hours ago, chicken said:

One minute you proclaim to be an expert on club finances, then you come up with this bizarre statement. By stating this you even push yourself as the voice of "the people" and yet everyone knows your main motivation is what benefits YOU.

You need to drop this "big game" that everyone can see through and consider that the amount of BS you chuck about really isn't doing you any favours.

Moxy received more settlement money than actual salary. Where do you think the money comes from under self-funding? Clearly from the pockets of supporters  99.9% of whom will never have had a job with such privileges.

Just a belief that anyone and everyone should tend to their own garden in their own time without drawing a salary or settlement.

The same logic applies to shareholders unless you are a communist. 

What problem do you have with that?

Edited by essex canary
  • Like 1

On 14/06/2023 at 06:39, pete said:

Webber the darling of the Happy Clappers not exactly a surprise.  The question needs to be "What have you done for me lately", answer nothing.  Except for hoodwinking the Smiths ( not a trait unexploited by his predecessors).   

Like when Morrissey started endorsing For Britain

12 hours ago, chicken said:

Hahaha. Sorry, but rubbish.

There are equally numbers of managers that they thanked but didn't say they were "devastated" about. Not only that, it really isn't uncommon for clubs to respond in this way, even more so if the owners have a close bond with the club. Pretty sure Leicester have been similar with managers.

The only thing that is on point about your comment is "standard from the owners" in that the vast majority of clubs don't celebrate sacking a manager or sporting director. It's incredibly poor PR and very ill-advised to do differently really. Very standard, very "nothing to see here".

You don't want future applicants for this post or other posts to be put off by the response from the owners, that standardises such responses really. 

Delia and Michael are tone deaf. There's no need to say anything right now, and if they must, something short and professional! Thank or praise him for the work he's done and suggest the time is right for both parties move on. "absolutely devastated" suggests we can't do better, and implies he had their full unwavering support despite his high profile issues with fans and local media, etc. It's a terrible PR statement, and one that again shows how emotionally attached and weak the owners are when it comes to running a football club. 

Edited by Creedence Clearwater Couto
  • Like 5