Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Todays FA cup final

For once you have posted what I have been thinking - that I want both teams to lose. The only scenario I can imagine is someone sliding into Haarland in full flight, breaking his leg and a huge fight breaking out, with the game being abandoned ,( but even I don't want that to happen.)

How about a very dull 0-0 at FT, with one side being awarded a blatantly bad VAR decision penalty in the 120th minute and the fans have a huge fight.

Either way both teams are fined £100  million and relegated to the northern Conference League. Result.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Sadly between two teams I would rather not see win it, but hey ho. Live on BBC one kickoff at 3pm. Anyone going to give it a watch?

Haven’t bothered with the FA Cup Final for a long time.Usually dull affairs.

Unlikeable teams especially United so it’d be nice to see City give them a good spanking but for us Norwich fans being in one seems as far away as ever.

• Like 1

City win for me all day long.  United’s fans have that ‘entitlement’ thing going on whereas City’s have been through the mill over the years (though they do risk becoming United mkII).

• Like 2

Will probably watch it but it's just another Premier League match. Certainly won't be watching any of the build up.

Not what it was, the major competition in English football and treated as such. Two teams, not just todays teams, who play reserves until the semi final. That is the mockery this once fine competition is subjected to.

44 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Will probably watch it but it's just another Premier League match. Certainly won't be watching any of the build up.

What time is Cup Final It's a Knockout? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TheDarkKnight said:

It's on ITV and BBC.

Hopefully United win.

Hopefully City lose Haaland to an injury that keeps him out of the Scotland match.

As an aside, if Manchester City are found guilty of their 100+ cases of breaking FFP, they ought to be stripped of every trophy won in x years, and relegated to the national league.

They'll get a fine and a points deduction at worse. Any 'punishment' will be set up as a mutually acceptable one because Man City would only individually appeal against every sanction made which would drag the case through the courts for years-the last thing the PL will want.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Old Shuck said:

They'll get a fine and a points deduction at worse. Any 'punishment' will be set up as a mutually acceptable one because Man City would only individually appeal against every sanction made which would drag the case through the courts for years-the last thing the PL will want.

The charges are so serious (including tax evasion) that they will be relegated if found guilty. 

• Like 1

I'm gardening!

Gone are the days when the coverage used to start at 10 am.

It's a Knockout between the rival fans, highlights of how they got there, what sort of underpants the players would be wearing as we look around the empty dressing rooms.

Oh, those Brazilians, you know? Circa 1970? Broke the mould. Theory out the window. Free expression of football. Uncategorisable. Is that a word? It is now! You know? Far cry from small boys in the park, jumpers for goalposts. Rush goalie. Two at the back, three in the middle, four up front, one's gone home for his tea. Beans on toast? Possibly, don't quote me on that. Marvellous.

Edited by First Wazzock
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

I'm more focused on the Epsom Derby then a music festival later. Its a shame the FA Cup has fallen so far down my list of interests. Time for Norwich to take it seriously next year.

The FA Cup Final used to be one of the few games you could watch live. Nowadays you can take your pick any day of the week.

Not what it was and this season's competition has been pretty forgettable, especially our pathetic effort.

This afternoon's game could go either way. Utd often have City's number, likewise Citeh could annihilate them if they play like they did against Real Madrid.

I just hope it's over with in 90 mins and doesn't waste all day. June is not for club football!

2 hours ago, First Wazzock said:

I'm gardening!

Gone are the days when the coverage used to start at 10 am.

It's a Knockout between the rival fans, highlights of how they got there, what sort of underpants the players would be wearing as we look around the empty dressing rooms.

Oh, those Brazilians, you know? Circa 1970? Broke the mould. Theory out the window. Free expression of football. Uncategorisable. Is that a word? It is now! You know? Far cry from small boys in the park, jumpers for goalposts. Rush goalie. Two at the back, three in the middle, four up front, one's gone home for his tea. Beans on toast? Possibly, don't quote me on that. Marvellous.

You forgot the pint of milk after the match Wazz ! 

(I’m gardening too. But I have a sneaking suspicion that Utd might nick it) 

• Haha 1

I’m hoping City win everything for years, TV bangs on forever about how fabulous and incredible they are, then in 5 years time they are stripped of all the titles because of financial irregularities.

Just proving how pointless and corrupt the game is, how stupid the pundits are, and how ineffective those in charge are - and all of them ignoring how much money had been wasted by genuine fans hoping their team could win something fairly. 

I enjoy the FA Cup and I want City to win....mainly because most of their support are from, or do actually live in and around Madchester....(I have a few ex-service buddies from Madchester that support City as well)....Good Top Lads.....

Of course the Beeb are gonna kick the Royal @rse out of it as the FA Cup an' Women's football is all they've got....I don't get involved with all this blood and other people's money and the posturing politics in footy....Wonder how many would really return their Season Tickets if we had a Middle Eastern takeover?....Me? I'd still go, an' leave the meep meep meeps to them meep meeps....Life's too bleedin' short.....

I'm watching this final as I love watching football (not so much the women's game but i'll watch the odd important games and I'll occasionally put them on)...I'm also quite happy that no team from London is playing at Wembley today....

Regarding those who are apathetic and not bothered about the FA Cup? They would be among the first scrambling and crying for final tickets.....if by some freak o' nature or due to divine intervention we'd actually reached the Final....'You betcha'.... 

• Like 1

Would love to see both sides relegated to the Northern Conference League, but if the game did get abandoned due to a huge fan fight I think the most we would see is a replay behind closed doors (possibly abroad as well)

To be honest I would prefer City to win, as I would love to see the Manure fans’ reactions if they won the treble

Looking forward to seeing what the just stop oil boys have in store for us today 

9 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

I'm watching this final as I love watching football (not so much the women's game but i'll watch the odd important games and I'll occasionally put them on)...I'm also quite happy that no team from London is playing at Wembley today....

Regarding those who are apathetic and not bothered about the FA Cup? They would be among the first scrambling and crying for final tickets.....if by some freak o' nature or due to divine intervention we'd actually reached the Final....'You betcha'.... 

The FA Cup is an institution that deserves to survive to give the minnows a crack at glory but the money sloshing about at the top end of the pyramid has relegated it to very much a sideshow for many higher end teams.

If Norwich ever got to a Final and won it our fans would probably feel like Leicester’s did when they won the PL. With all our season tickets holders and members up for first dibs getting a ticket would be fairly straightforward.

5 hours ago, percy varco said:

Good to see a FA Cup final with 3 O’Clock Saturday kick off. 

just need Saint & Greevsie now

Indeed after everything else is done, back to the premier event it should be! I’ve watched virtually every cup final as it’s really our cup final. I’ll be watching a rooting for City just hate Manure!

9 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

Looking forward to seeing what the just stop oil boys have in store for us today 

They might be at the Derby

11 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

I'm of an age where I simply cannot want United to win anything, come on City

I'm with you there. United are just a bunch of tourist fans who couldn't pinpoint Manchester on a map - has to be City for me.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JB said:

I'm with you there. United are just a bunch of tourist fans who couldn't pinpoint Manchester on a map - has to be City for me.

We've a couple in our works WhatsApp group, both got bumpkin accents and never been since I've known them. They're getting the hump because the rest of us all want City to win.