Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Coventry V Luton; official play off final match thread

Why is it historic Cambridge? Don't we have a play off final "every" season 🤣

I agree with Cambridge that this play off final feels different in that Luton were harshly treated (in my opinion) by the FA and have managed to come back from non league football to the verge of playing in the Premier league. Coventry have also managed to come back from League Two. It was only five years ago that these two teams were playing each other in League Two. Both teams have spent very little in relative terms on their squads/wages. So in summary whoever goes up it will be one hell of a fairytale come true........

1 hour ago, Samwam27 said:

Why is it historic Cambridge? Don't we have a play off final "every" season 🤣

Well, neither side have played in the Prem and both were down in the lower divisons a decade ago.

I think its great that one of these two "smaller" teams will be in the Premiership next season, rather than one of the usual suspects!

1 hour ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

I agree with Cambridge that this play off final feels different in that Luton were harshly treated (in my opinion) by the FA and have managed to come back from non league football to the verge of playing in the Premier league. Coventry have also managed to come back from League Two. It was only five years ago that these two teams were playing each other in League Two. Both teams have spent very little in relative terms on their squads/wages. So in summary whoever goes up it will be one hell of a fairytale come true........

This is the same Luton that played on a plastic pitch and banned away fans.  

2 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

This is the same Luton that played on a plastic pitch and banned away fans.  

And your point is?. QPR played on a plastic pitch, you could argue they were pioneers. Aren't a lot of pitches now a mixture of grass and plastic these days, I know the pitch at Carrow Rd is. Didn't Luton ban away fans after Millwall caused a lot of trouble at Kenilworth Rd?.............

2 hours ago, Samwam27 said:

I think its great that one of these two "smaller" teams will be in the Premiership next season, rather than one of the usual suspects!

totally agree especially for their fans who have been through hell these past years. Difficult to forecast who will win but good luck to both. clubs and fans. This is what is all about.

3 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Well, neither side have played in the Prem and both were down in the lower divisons a decade ago.

Really? Incorrect facts again Cambridge Coventry have played in the Premier League!

Edited by TheBaldOne66

I was at Coventry v Norwich at Highfeild Rd in 1992.  Crook and Ndlovu scored in 1-1 draw.

6 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

Really? Incorrect facts again Cambridge Coventry have played in the Premier League!

2 minutes ago, pete said:

Coventry have been in prem 8 years ago

Huh, just my memory playing up thought they got relegated out of old div 1 the season before the rebrand

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Huh, just my memory playing up thought they got relegated out of old div 1 the season before the rebrand

And you wonder why people don’t take you seriously? Check your facts first pal

7 hours ago, pete said:

Coventry have been in prem 8 years ago

No they haven't, it was 20 years ago  

Webber is right though, how can we hope to compete with a team with the resources available to Luton!

15 hours ago, Alfie54 said:

Webber is right though, how can we hope to compete with a team with the resources available to Luton!

To be fair and I say this as no fan of Webber like 95% of our fanbase wouldn't tolerate us playing like Luton do so it's an unfair comparison. Coventry is a fair comparison but they only snuck into the play offs after a late run, they weren't amazing this year by any stretch. 

Seeing these two very poor sides competing for a place in the Premiership makes it quite frightening to realise how much we have declined  this season. Most of our sides over recent years would have thrashed either of them. Compared with us both sides neither have the money or support to compete with us. Where has it all gone wrong ????

12 minutes ago, vos said:

Seeing these two very poor sides competing for a place in the Premiership makes it quite frightening to realise how much we have declined  this season. Most of our sides over recent years would have thrashed either of them. Compared with us both sides neither have the money or support to compete with us. Where has it all gone wrong ????

Big Stu could answer your question. 

3 hours ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

To be fair and I say this as no fan of Webber like 95% of our fanbase wouldn't tolerate us playing like Luton do so it's an unfair comparison. Coventry is a fair comparison but they only snuck into the play offs after a late run, they weren't amazing this year by any stretch. 

I have no idea what style of football we played this season!

The worst two teams to ever reach a play off final. I genuinely think that... they were both absolutely dire but it's nice to see a small team get up, so fair play to Luton.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

The worst two teams to ever reach a play off final. I genuinely think that... they were both absolutely dire but it's nice to see a small team get up, so fair play to Luton.

Are you dreaming Luton have been amazing the last two seasons as for Norwich I tell you now Ipswich will finish above Norwich!! and so well Coventry Norwich are dreadful they have no team just a bunch of players that can’t fight and need mummy to hold their hands I have followed Norwich as a second team since my mighty Luton town got relegated 31 years ago. And the last two seasons I can’t even watch Norwich play anymore they are so dreadful so please don’t put the mighty Luton town down we are a team and have more fight and heart and will give it a better go at staying in the premier league than Norwich have the last two times they went up. Norwich play with no balls and no fight and no heart… this Norwich  team is dreadful they is not one Norwich player that I would want to play for Luton  not one. And I follow both clubs. And I would never think I would say that at the start of last season when Norwich went up to the premier league 

Edited by 2clubbanker

On 27/05/2023 at 16:27, cambridgeshire canary said:

B****cks - you’ve just revealed your true age to everyone there my friend