TheBaldOne66

Abuse is not nice according to Webber

Yet it’s ok for him to refer to a few divorcees in a snake pit?

Isn't that the same kind of thing? 

It’s ok for him to call fans names yet when they turn on him he doesn’t like it? What a hypocrite.

Best bit of interview is that he says he won’t be here much longer, let’s pray it’s very soon he clears off! 

• Like 2

An example of his shortcomings on communication.  I like to think I'm fairly balanced on Webber compared to some on this board, but 'a few divorcees...' is a terrible choice of words.  If he just changed that to 'a few people...' the whole interview changes.  Awful, combative, defensive, derogatory, insulting and nasty.  Not that he hasn't had to deal with that himself, but you don't win people over like this.  

• Like 12

8 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

It’s ok for him to call fans names yet when they turn on him he doesn’t like it? What a hypocrite.

Best bit of interview is that he says he won’t be here much longer, let’s pray it’s very soon he clears off! 

Never listens to the noise does he!! 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

An example of his shortcomings on communication.  I like to think I'm fairly balanced on Webber compared to some on this board, but 'a few divorcees...' is a terrible choice of words.  If he just changed that to 'a few people...' the whole interview changes.  Awful, combative, defensive, derogatory, insulting and nasty.  Not that he hasn't had to deal with that himself, but you don't win people over like this.  

You think he’s interested In winning people over who will never be won over?  Not imo.  Of course he could be more placatory but it’s not the sort of person he is.  

25 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

Was there any need for a new thread on this? 

as I said to you if you can’t take it don’t dish it 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Myra Hawtree said:

Whatever he says those who don’t like him will pick it to pieces to suit their purpose.

The issue is people don't have to pick anything apart. He makes it easy by being antagonistic in every single interview he's done the last couple of years. He can't help himself.

• Like 7

49 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

He can’t help himself. He views the supporters with disdain and it shines through whenever he speaks. 

• Like 7

31 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

You think he’s interested In winning people over who will never be won over?  Not imo.  Of course he could be more placatory but it’s not the sort of person he is.  

Maybe not, but I care about my club, and the best way to give the players a chance on the pitch is to have the fans onside, not belittling them and making the atmosphere even worse. Webber should always be thinking about the club first and this comment is badly misjudged. Sometimes, as a leader, you need to suck it up but stick to your guns. Be strong but humble. Sacking two managers in a year and comments like this are neither strong, nor humble.

• Like 8

30 minutes ago, Myra Hawtree said:

Whatever he says those who don’t like him will pick it to pieces to suit their purpose.

I'm not anti-him at all. Quite the opposite, but you have to be objective and that choice of words is dreadful. No ifs, no buts, no excuses. It is awful for the club to have the captain of the ship talking like this.

28 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

He can’t help himself. He views the supporters with disdain and it shines through whenever he speaks. 

Exactly this.

The mood music from the club has shifted so dramatically over the last few years. I remember doing a slight eye roll when I got my season ticket renewal pack ever year going on about the fans as the 12th man, or when they gave the fans an official squad number as it all felt a bit cliched but I'd welcome that sort of stuff back over the clear disdain Webber has for the fans. 

1 hour ago, Jim Smith said:

I listened to it and whilst it was certainly combatative, he was clearly irked about a minority who abuse him in the streets. Said most of the time he has good conversations with fans when out and about its just the ones who shout at him from a distance. Think most people would take issue with that.

• Like 1

There's a bit in the Pinkun interview where he references Omobamidele being difficult to say and just calling him Andrew.

Given the thin skin on some people, I'm surprised that this didn't win the 'What I'm offended about' tombola in place of a off-hand quip about men in the snake pit.

• Confused 1

It made me laugh, I have to confess.

But I do agree it's not the wisest thing to antagonise the supporters. 

Having said that, if people had been as rude about my wife as some fans have been about SW's, I might have been minded to give a bit of marital-status abuse back.

1 minute ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Having said that, if people had been as rude about my wife as some fans have been about SW's, I might have been minded to give a bit of marital-status abuse back

Very good point. Sauce. Goose.  Gander. 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, king canary said:

The issue is people don't have to pick anything apart. He makes it easy by being antagonistic in every single interview he's done the last couple of years. He can't help himself.

100%. Interview should have been about all the positive things he hopes to do in the summer but no, moans about the so called abuse, that he doesn't care about. Compares the horrific racist abuse of  Moore with a few "Webber Out" chants at the end of a disastrous season and then abuses an area of the ground, which has long been our best at creating the atmosphere, that he says is not good. Try putting together a team worth watching then, rather than moaning at everyone else.

He doesn't seem able to create positive news messages. 

I would say, he would be best to go elsewhere. Maybe his beloved Leeds, and good luck with the abuse front if it goes pear shape there.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

100%. Interview should have been about all the positive things he hopes to do in the summer but no, moans about the so called abuse, that he doesn't care about. Compares the horrific racist abuse of  Moore with a few "Webber Out" chants at the end of a disastrous season and then abuses an area of the ground, which has long been our best at creating the atmosphere, that he says is not good. Try putting together a team worth watching then, rather than moaning at everyone else.

He doesn't seem able to create positive news messages. 

I would say, he would be best to go elsewhere. Maybe his beloved Leeds, and good luck with the abuse front if it goes pear shape there.

So why isn’t it the same? 

8 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

It made me laugh, I have to confess.

But I do agree it's not the wisest thing to antagonise the supporters. 

Having said that, if people had been as rude about my wife as some fans have been about SW's, I might have been minded to give a bit of marital-status abuse back.

I reckon the snakepit might give it back more now.. I would not blame them. Really silly thing to do, when asking people to meet you half way...

• Like 1

Just now, Yobocop said:

So why isn’t it the same? 

The racist abuse Moore got was criminal, and indeed, the police are following up. Doubt they be doing that for a few Webber out chants. If you can not see a difference.... 

2 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

It is the people whose hearts and minds he could win over he should be concentrating on, he is not going the right way about it. I am not a divorcee, I am quite forgiving but all Webber has managed to do for me personally is make me dislike him even more. His comment about "if we won the last two games" is plain dumb, we didn't, we failed to score a goal in our last five home games, winning the last two games was NEVER going to happen, you would have to be deluded to think it was................

There must be certain people at CR who must cringe every time Webber opens his mouth. He is an absolute PR disaster; hostile, arrogant and defensive. He doesn't build bridges, he just blows them up. 

The sooner he is out of CR the better, but there is little to no accountability for his actions. 

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

The racist abuse Moore got was criminal, and indeed, the police are following up. Doubt they be doing that for a few Webber out chants. If you can not see a difference.... 

Abuse is abuse in my opinion, it’s a shame and probably a reflection on attitudes today that my view isn’t shared

5 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Quick question, as a divorced man,  am I now only allowed to sit in the Snake Pit? 

Only if you yell abuse

So as someone going through a rubbish divorce atm that is having an impact on my mental wellbeing, thank you Mr Webber, what an abhorrent individual you are. Families club, yeah right.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2