Sign in to follow this  
norfolkngood

What was Andy Hughes doing at end of match ?

2 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

You must be just about the only person who thinks that.  We were pretty bereft of ideas on set pieces under Russell

Yep, we’ve looked deadly since he left. 

23 minutes ago, kingsway said:

Andy "great commitment and atitude as a player but a headless chicken with it" Hughes meant well but he was very ill advised to try to talk to fans after the last away game of a very poor largely gutless season.

I recall in his "headless" chicken days at Norwich as a player in the 00's he had a similar confrontation with an old boy in the City stand when I think he threatened to rip his head off or a similar sort of threat!

If you think being a less than brilliant player means you can’t be a great coach, then that says all we need to know about your opinions.

18 minutes ago, Kingston Yellow said:

Yep, we’ve looked deadly since he left. 

Did anyone suggest this?  Not that I saw - but I do remember a run under Russell of something like 60 corners on the trot where we barely got a sniff of a chance. 

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

If you think being a less than brilliant player means you can’t be a great coach, then that says all we need to know about your opinions.

And where the hell in my post do I make a judgement on Andy Hughes' coaching abilities?? 

The only opinions I made in my post was that A, Andy Hughes was a fully commited but limited footballer = Correct!

B, His intentions when walking over to the away end were well meaning but ill advised after the rubbish season we've had = Correct!

I'm quite happy with my opinions thank you very much!

Why did he go over to the fans in the first place?

He's not even Wagner's number two for crying out loud.

There's a total and utter disrespect throughout this club.

What a mess.

4 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

What a mess.

Not sure if it’s disrespect or just incompetence, but they seem absolutely determined to regularly create poor PR incidents.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

What a mess.

I see it more and more as a group of blokes who are far too connected with one another to ever look inwardly. All this talk of a rebuild is predicated by Webber and Wagner and friends looking around and saying well it must be the players why we aren't succeeding instead of addressing their own collective failures this season. 

3 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

Hindsight is amazing. Everyone thought he was great after we beat Millwall.  This revising of history is utterly ridiculous 

Not that I'm one of the people you're referring to, but changing your opinion in the light of new evidence isn't "rewriting of history". It's what rational thinking people do. 

41 minutes ago, The Bunny said:

Not that I'm one of the people you're referring to, but changing your opinion in the light of new evidence isn't "rewriting of history". It's what rational thinking people do. 

Obviously - but amending an opinion based on evidence is sensible, and is somewhat different to trying to claim that the opinion was the same all along….that is what constitutes rewriting history.

Edited by Branston Pickle

12 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

What a mess.

i think Hughes said to Wagner " its ok boss i will go over as i am a club Hero and tell them we are all trying and we will rebuild next season "

5 mins later Hughes to Wagner " that didn't really go to plan "

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Deano wouldn't have gone over to the fans...

Exactly. I thought the fans were crying earlier in the season about Smiths lack of interaction. Or is it only when we win? In which case it would have even more difficult...

As I said before. When you're losing the fans decide anything you do is wrong. I get Hughes is passionate but I'd probably have just left it. Straight after a loss having travelled away you're unlikely to get the most level headed response anyway.

I do not think that Andy Hughes should be sacked but I do believe that he should be disciplined. After the season of abject, dismal failure that the faithful travelling fans have had to endure it is wholly unacceptable for a coach , who has coached a squad to one win in ten games, to go over to those fans to make provocative and inflammatory words and gestures! Completely out of order. Nothing short of an apology of grovelling proportions and a docking of wages will suffice.

I have to admire Hughes for coming over to talk with the fans, some keep on going on about lack of communication and when a staff member tries to interact gets this! 

It's not his responsibility but credit for him actually wanting to take the time, he could have just run off down the tunnel, shame Webber's are more focused on Boardroom Note's of stating the bleeding trivial and What mountain to clime next!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Tetteys Jig said:

Looked more like “you come and have a go if you’re so great” sort of cliche response from him to the fans boos and jeers.

Itd be a cheaper way for the club to still fail at least!

I’d love to have a go if they let me I’d be the next will still I’m sure of it 😂😂

1 hour ago, Indy said:

I have to admire Hughes for coming over to talk with the fans, some keep on going on about lack of communication and when a staff member tries to interact gets this! 

It's not his responsibility but credit for him actually wanting to take the time, he could have just run off down the tunnel, shame Webber's are more focused on Boardroom Note's of stating the bleeding trivial and What mountain to clime next!

Yea without knowing the ins and outs of what happened I think it’s odd to judge him too harshly. However regardless of whether his motivation was noble, it was a poor ill thought out decision to do it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kenfoggo said:

I do not think that Andy Hughes should be sacked but I do believe that he should be disciplined. After the season of abject, dismal failure that the faithful travelling fans have had to endure it is wholly unacceptable for a coach , who has coached a squad to one win in ten games, to go over to those fans to make provocative and inflammatory words and gestures! Completely out of order. Nothing short of an apology of grovelling proportions and a docking of wages will suffice.

This is interesting. Perhaps there should be a scale of punishments to fit the crime.

Not really engaging with the fans - Instant dismissal.

Trying to engage with the fans - forced to apologise and docked wages.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

From what I see Hughsy didn't seem to be winding the crowd up, most of the boo's I heard where from when someone came to grab him and lead him away. I thought the boo's were at that - i.e. Hughes being taken away.

Fair play to the guy, after a loss like that to even approach the fans and try to talk when he could have run down the tunnel shows he cares. 

• Like 1

I'm in the camp that this was the sort of fan engagement the club have been running away from for too long now, as they do not want to hear the message they will get. Hughes can now go in to Webber's office on Tuesday and let him have first hand account of fans feelings. How many other people in the club can do that?

52 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

I'm in the camp that this was the sort of fan engagement the club have been running away from for too long now, as they do not want to hear the message they will get. Hughes can now go in to Webber's office on Tuesday and let him have first hand account of fans feelings. How many other people in the club can do that?

Exactly but the real backbone we should see needs to be from the Directors Box.

4 hours ago, essex canary said:

Exactly but the real backbone we should see needs to be from the Directors Box.

to be honest i think that might of upset the fans 

they do not want answers from Hughes they want answers from Wagner / Webber 

Hughes going over to them was not going to make anything any better 

What makes Hughes a good set piece Coach?

Surely Neil Adams would do far better?

Another case of square pegs in round holes?

• Like 1

They say a picture says a thousand words so what do you reckon ?

May be an image of 3 people, people playing football and text that says 'M LOTU 60'

Edited by TIL 1010

2 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

I reckon that it’s one picture taken completely out of context 

Was it and as you probably were not there how when the atmosphere was rather unpleasant with some unsavoury chants aimed towards him and moments earlier towards the players by a large section of the away support ?

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

Was it and as you probably were not there how when the atmosphere was rather unpleasant with some unsavoury chants aimed towards him and moments earlier towards the players by a large section of the away support ?

Exactly, he’s gone over to have a sensible conversation, been met with chants of w@nker etc and that’s what he’s responding to. Whether he should have gone over is another thing altogether 

4 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Exactly, he’s gone over to have a sensible conversation, been met with chants of w@nker etc and that’s what he’s responding to. Whether he should have gone over is another thing altogether 

So the renowned diplomat Andy Hughes went over to have a sensible conversation did he and who told you that ?

48 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

They say a picture says a thousand words so what do you reckon ?

May be an image of 3 people, people playing football and text that says 'M LOTU 60'

Nostalgic Gifs

Sunday Monday Andy say,
Tuesday Wednesday fans dismay,
Thursday Friday abject display,
Saturday squad decay,
Losin' all week for you!

OTBC

Edited by Disco Dales Jockstrap
  • Haha 1