Terminally Yellow

The Officially Not Official Summer Transfer Thread 2023

1 minute ago, Coneys Knee said:

Omo on his way, tomkinson allowed to leave, and Hanley injured, am I right in saying we are left with only one outright backup CB? Or have I forgotten somebody?

Let's wait and look at the situation at 11pm.

1 minute ago, Google Bot said:

I quite like how unorthodox Hwang is.  But Moore scoring against the scum would be fun, he's more central too, Hwang looks like he favours strays wide a lot to me.

Isn't that the point though? We're so fluid that Sarge and Barnes pop up anywhere... So Hwang putting himself about and working the wing while Johnny Rowe drifts inside etc. Could be exactly why we want him 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

Omo on his way, tomkinson allowed to leave, and Hanley injured, am I right in saying we are left with only one outright backup CB? Or have I forgotten somebody?

Duffy and Gibson, Sorensen coming back from injury. Very light for a team wanting to challenge at the top. I've no doubt there someone coming in, we surely wouldn't green light a move without something in place

1 minute ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Let's wait and look at the situation at 11pm.

Absolutely. I did mean “as it stands” though. It’s just the young lad Warner isn’t it?

We've had to sell Omo to pay back Attanasio's £10m plus interest - takeover's off. 

How about that for a made up rumour? 

Just now, ricardo said:

Disappointing window so far.

Yes a lot of youth has left, not much spent in terms of the future. We shored up the spine which is great - but overall pretty disappointing 

• Haha 1

Just now, ricardo said:

Disappointing window so far.

Yep and we still havent got the Man C player in either. 

This is a farce compared to getting Duffy, Barnes etc in early

Omo upto £20m with add on is less than the reported £20m+ touted that we turned down in Jan?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AJ said:

Duffy and Gibson, Sorensen coming back from injury. Very light for a team wanting to challenge at the top. I've no doubt there someone coming in, we surely wouldn't green light a move without something in place

Unless they think Warner's definitely ready?

• Like 1

Just now, GodlyOtsemobor said:

We're so fluid that Sarge and Barnes pop up anywhere... So Hwang putting himself about and working the wing while Johnny Rowe drifts inside etc. Could be exactly why we want him 

I guess, but when we've got wide players looking to put the ball in there's going to be no-one there.  And we've scored a few from those opportunities.  Stacey and Rowe overload the right side, you don't really want a third drifting there.

He looks really interesting though, when he strikes he doesn't go for the orthodox angles he plays the reverse shot really nice.  But level of opponent looked pretty poor.

While people can debate whether we need a striker, we absoutely do need a central defender if Omo goes. I hope we've got someone lined up sharpish.

1 minute ago, Fuzzar said:

We've had to sell Omo to pay back Attanasio's £10m plus interest - takeover's off. 

How about that for a made up rumour? 

pretty good actually 

4 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

Wish I was going to Rotherham now, just to see if anyone actually gets off the coach. 

Some posters seem to be confusing the overall transfer window, which even anti-Webberites seem to accept has been well handled, and improved the squad, with today - so far - in isolation.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

Warner.

I have absolutely no doubt we’ve been planning this sale for weeks. If we do not manage to get someone in though it will be a major **** up. 

2 minutes ago, RobJames said:

take a look while you wait

Ok my estimation of him has risen. If Wagner could get the best out of him he could be a tidy, unpredictable player for us

We will get another CB and a striker or they wouldnt of sanctioned Omo's deal. People just need to stop crying

• Like 3

Just now, CANARYKING said:

Duffy, Gibson or Idah get injured, we’re.…………………………

....raising the IQ of the squad?

(All lovely guys, of course).

• Haha 1