Terminally Yellow

The Officially Not Official Summer Transfer Thread 2023

I see we are still waiting for a work permit for the Brazilian defender announced in Dec, Thallison; I wonder if that is why it's also gone quiet on Nathan (cb) and Mosquito (am but currently injured) mentioned in June

1 minute ago, Terminally Yellow said:

This feels like a very Webber/Farke-esque signing. 

Absolutely - another Leitner?

• Like 3

Alfredo Morelos who left Rangers is still available on a Free 

better than Idah , would be a good free signing knows where to goal is for sure 

1 hour ago, norfolkngood said:

Alfredo Morelos who left Rangers is still available on a Free 

better than Idah , would be a good free signing knows where to goal is for sure 

Knows where a good all you can eat buffet is too...rarely fit, rarely interested, likes a red card. 😅

Apples

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mr Apples said:

Knows where a good all you can eat buffet is too...rarely fit, rarely interested, likes a red card. 😅

Apples

Not to mention would demand an absolute ransom. 

5 hours ago, ZLF said:

I see we are still waiting for a work permit for the Brazilian defender announced in Dec, Thallison; I wonder if that is why it's also gone quiet on Nathan (cb) and Mosquito (am but currently injured) mentioned in June

Interesting where has this been reported mate?

15 minutes ago, Soldier on said:

Wagner sounded a bit more open to doing business today ? Perhaps he is aware there are likely to be further exits 

I wonder if any of the players in the last year of their contract might be refusing to sign new deals and so edging towards the exit?

3 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

This feels like a very Webber/Farke-esque signing. 

Smells almost Leitner-esque.

1 hour ago, Soldier on said:

Wagner sounded a bit more open to doing business today ? Perhaps he is aware there are likely to be further exits 

As I read it he was talking about the possibility of bringing someone in as an addition rather than to replace a late outgoing transfer (given that it has already been said that Omobamidele would be replaced if he left.)

It would be a rare summer when we didn’t have any loans in for the first-team said. But against that the only obvious gap in the squad is proper cover for the crucial McLean-Sara pivot in midfield, unless the new Brazilian makes very quick progress. And it might be hard to persuade someone from an EPL club to join us without the promise of regular starts.

1 hour ago, TheGunnShow said:

Smells almost Leitner-esque.

Gunny, you’re late to the party… hope you bought some spicy deli counter treats to make up for it?!? Or, at the very least, another power shot of your calves in action as I know you love the flex on the Pink Un ;  )

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

Gunny, you’re late to the party… hope you bought some spicy deli counter treats to make up for it?!? Or, at the very least, another power shot of your calves in action as I know you love the flex on the Pink Un ;  )

Alright, got snapped during that half-mara PB in Lancaster this month. Had to laugh though - a V70 was ahead of me, and had stopped to pee in the bushes twice, saying he'd overdone the coffee. I'd caught him up and he'd got past me twice. 

Took 46 seconds off my PB and got beat by a V70. Shows how looking after yourself can have benefits at a ripe old age. 😄

I should have asked him what kind of coffee he drank.

May be an image of 4 people and text

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, TheGunnShow said:

Alright, got snapped during that half-mara PB in Lancaster this month. Had to laugh though - a V70 was ahead of me, and had stopped to pee in the bushes twice, saying he'd overdone the coffee. I'd caught him up and he'd got past me twice. 

Took 46 seconds off my PB and got beat by a V70. Shows how looking after yourself can have benefits at a ripe old age. 😄

I should have asked him what kind of coffee he drank.

May be an image of 4 people and text

There he is! The man behind the Gunn! With such long socks too! You kind of look like Bobby Gillespie from Primal Scream if he’d got a hair cut : D

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Mason Holgate off to Southampton.

Was said to be earning 70 grand a week at Everton doubt we could match that if we tried. Wonder how much Southampton are paying for the loan?

31 minutes ago, Top corner said:

P45 for Martin if he doesn't get Southampton promoted this season. 

I think Southampton are probably the strongest team in the championship this season. I cant see them not getting promoted.

All Rhodes lead to the beach, well Blackpool in this case. Though it does appear he was not first choice at HTFC, so it will not affect our game v them.

5 hours ago, Soldier on said:

All gone quiet on Andy O do we anticipate he will stay now ?

Yes unless it's toys out of pram time if an offer comes on. Penny for his thoughts right now.

On 24/08/2023 at 23:56, PurpleCanary said:

As I read it he was talking about the possibility of bringing someone in as an addition rather than to replace a late outgoing transfer (given that it has already been said that Omobamidele would be replaced if he left.)

It would be a rare summer when we didn’t have any loans in for the first-team said. But against that the only obvious gap in the squad is proper cover for the crucial McLean-Sara pivot in midfield, unless the new Brazilian makes very quick progress. And it might be hard to persuade someone from an EPL club to join us without the promise of regular starts.

Almost as if I knew something was afoot...😍

• Like 1