Terminally Yellow

The Officially Not Official Summer Transfer Thread 2023

2 hours ago, Mason 47 said:

The question will be, can we replace Kennys profile in the team with equal/ better with the money available and 4 days left of the transfer window?

I don't think so. I also think selling the current captain now would send the wrong message to both players + supporters.

Have we not already landed the replacement last week? A reject from Leeds with a very dodgy injury record. Does seem a terrible coincidence dont you think that Forshaw arrives and then the Leeds 'interest' is firmed up by a £4M bid? 

3 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

I've always had problems with the Scottish 'language.' It's the psychological effect of sharing a few drams with a highlander in Crainlarich (sp?) many years ago.

Crianlarich! Road and rail junction point.

41 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

"McClean" does rather sound like a Scottish brand of furtniture polish..

For those of us old enough to remember Crackerjack (CRACKERJACK!):

“Maclean? Yes, I had a bath this morning.”

(And yes, Don Maclean spelt his name differently)

14 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

I refuse to believe that we're not going to bring someone in as cover up front.

Why would we when Gibs and Nunez can play as strikers?

Wager did say so after all

4 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Pretty odd, given that 99% of us only found out about the supposed link via the pinkun’s own story.  

It seems Archant rehashed the original piece from Czech press before Webber gave them a steer it wasn’t happening. Seems to be the way things are working this summer with the club giving the local press a steer on stories like these.

5 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Pretty odd, given that 99% of us only found out about the supposed link via the pinkun’s own story.  

It's not that odd is it? Czech papers reported it. Pink Un reported the Czech papers report. They then get word from within Norwich there's nothing in it so update the report. 

33 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

It's not that odd is it? Czech papers reported it. Pink Un reported the Czech papers report. They then get word from within Norwich there's nothing in it so update the report. 

You’re missing what I was getting at.  Journos would normally check the story first, these days they either can’t be arsed or don’t have as good links as they should.  Laziness either way.

3 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

You’re missing what I was getting at.  Journos would normally check the story first, these days they either can’t be arsed or don’t have as good links as they should.  Laziness either way.

The story is the report isn't it? 

40 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Why would we when Gibs and Nunez can play as strikers?

Wager did say so after all

Are you being sarcastic? 

4 minutes ago, Captain Holt said:

Are you being sarcastic? 

Hopefully Wagner was though. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Suppose it was only obvious we would be linked to such players in these last days of the window, maybe a few more gossip rumours will surface, but good to see them being rubbished so fast locally.

Really do think what Wagner alluded to will happen, that we will go with what he  have..especially if Josh is only out for a month or two. If its super serious as Wagmer put it, then maybe...but im figuring that would be if Josh is out  say for 3-6 months...all random summising but  im sure we will know soon enough.

We saw Gibbs put in some decent performances in the deeper striker role in wagner's system last year and Placheta looked okay there in pre season. I can see it.

• Haha 1

Can we really see Gibbs, Nunez or Prim playing as our main striker instead of Josh. Would be amazed if two smaller midfielders in Gibbs or Nunez could really work in that position, and well, we haven't seen Prim for so long

I think we should try it tonight, and if it doesn't look like it'll work then we have a couple of days to look at a Prem loan 

10 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

Can we really see Gibbs, Nunez or Prim playing as our main striker instead of Josh. Would be amazed if two smaller midfielders in Gibbs or Nunez could really work in that position, and well, we haven't seen Prim for so long

I think we should try it tonight, and if it doesn't look like it'll work then we have a couple of days to look at a Prem loan 

Yes. Both Barnes and Sargent have been playing as false Nines anyway. Will miss Sarge's aerial presence but in open play it is perfectly feasible.

i imagine Webber and Wagner have a back up striker in mind if Josh injury is more than a month / 6 weeks ,

maybe a older striker on a years contract ? or a young striker who we can loan out in January when sarge is ok ? 

1 hour ago, Soldier on said:

It seems Archant rehashed the original piece from Czech press before Webber gave them a steer it wasn’t happening. Seems to be the way things are working this summer with the club giving the local press a steer on stories like these.

My view is what it tells us is that the Pink'Un boys continue to rehash online gossip without checking with the club, or more likely they try to get a comment but the club representatives don't pick up the phone. It is to the club's credit at the moment (is this Webber himself or someone in their marketing team who has finally wised up), they call the Pink'Un back shortly after article is then published giving them an honourable denial of the story.

So will the Pink'Un boys start to get immediate responses from the club and such stories will disappear, or will they continue because between them and the club, the Pink'Un are happy for that kind of clickbait and the club are happy for misinformation to circulate to avoid the real story getting out? 

8 minutes ago, BigFish said:

Yes. Both Barnes and Sargent have been playing as false Nines anyway. Will miss Sarge's aerial presence but in open play it is perfectly feasible.

My only concern with that ids goals and i know we are set up so more people are scoring goals now ,

idah has just as many goals this season so maybe he will come good but sarge was the proven goal scorer in team ,

we are relying now on low goal scorers to up their game ,

which can happen and has at the start but maybe 10 games is a bit much to expect that we need a more proven goal scorer 

5 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Brighton chasing Eiran Cashin. He's one we were heavily linked with last January and one that might well have been on the list for replacing Omobamodiele. 

I guess Derby are looking to cash in..

20 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Brighton chasing Eiran Cashin. He's one we were heavily linked with last January and one that might well have been on the list for replacing Omobamodiele. 

Maybe Omo can put a word in on his way out?