Terminally Yellow

The Officially Not Official Summer Transfer Thread 2023

19 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

So quick board survey - let's say Leeds come up with £20mil for both Kenny and Josh (£5m for Kenny, £15m for Josh).

Would you take it? I have to say - I'd be tempted.

Not unless we have already identified a real replacement who is lined up and available. And I don’t mean like Dean Smith was a replacement for Farke.

Edited by Nuff Said
  • Like 1

We mustn't sell either of them - especially this late on.

I genuinely think that we stand a chance of getting up WITH them in our first eleven.

Madness to sell. Short-sighted madness.

Oh yes please £5 million for McLean! I’ll drive him there!

We have decent midfield options!

Sargent would need to start with £30 million plus a lot of add ons! The lad has bags of potential and works his socks off! Definitely a potential City legend in there! The next Iwan! I’m 

Edited by Indy

10 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

So quick board survey - let's say Leeds come up with £20mil for both Kenny and Josh (£5m for Kenny, £15m for Josh).

£20m minimum for Sarge. I'd take £5m for Kenny as long as we had a (better) replacement lined up, but I cant see either of going this late in the window.

Gotta say if they sold Sarge for £15m I'd be fuming, lad's got potential to score 20+ this season.

Our midfield was significantly worse after Kenny went off on Wednesday night I thought. We should not be disrupting our side at this moment in time by making needless sales. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There was an article on Norwich City FC Fan club by Rod Morrison a few days ago that said he had heard from a semi credible source that once Webber has had his six month contractual gap between clubs is joining Leeds as Sporting Director and in advance of him starting through his agency has offered Sara and Sergeant to join him at Leeds. Leeds supporters are saying that Sara is in final negotiations. 

He finishes by saying I hope not true but everything is possible and wouldn’t put it past Webber.

Perhaps things are happening behind the scenes.

5 minutes ago, BigFish said:

No we don't

Nunez, Gibbs, Sorensen, to name three! 

3 minutes ago, Soldier on said:

Not sure any of those are that decent are they ?

Decent enough given game time! We’re talking of replacing McLean not a Declan  Rice!

Neither will leave, it’ll be no more sales unless it’s a really daft bid!

Edited by Indy

27 minutes ago, Indy said:

Oh yes please £5 million for McLean! I’ll drive him there!

We have decent midfield options!

Sargent would need to start with £30 million plus a lot of add ons! The lad has bags of potential and works his socks off! Definitely a potential City legend in there! The next Iwan! I’m 

In what world do you think we have decent midfield options in a plentiful supply? Most options aren't particularly great.

14 minutes ago, Indy said:

Nunez has not really proved too much yet and I wouldnt class Sorensen as a good player either, especially not as a CM.

40 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Absolutely not. 

McLean is a lifer here. This will be the last “big” club he plays for. He won’t leave to Leeds and we wouldn’t sell him either. Too important for the dressing room and he’s more than decent at this level. So I’m be pretty concerned if he want to Leeds this late. 

8 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

In what world do you think we have decent midfield options in a plentiful supply? Most options aren't particularly great.

Who said anything of decent midfield options!  decent enough replacement options for McLean! My point, we’re talking about, For £5 million it’s a no brainier! He’s not that good! So this is a nonstarter anyhow! No one will pay £5 million!

Edited by Indy

Just now, Indy said:

Who said anything of decent midfield options! McLean we’re talking about, For £5 million it’s a no brainier! He’s not that good! So this is a nonstarter anyhow! No one will pay £5 million!

The £5m on paper seems good business, but we need him too much currently. Any slim chances of getting to the playoffs we will need Sarge and Kenny. They are not for sale (in my eyes). It would be reckless to sell.

• Like 1

Just now, jaberry2 said:

The £5m on paper seems good business, but we need him too much currently. Any slim chances of getting to the playoffs we will need Sarge and Kenny. They are not for sale (in my eyes). It would be reckless to sell.

If we’re reliant on McLean then I don’t rate our chances much! Again too much to hope that this loan player coming in will be taking McLeans place? Sara is a no way sale in my book far more important in midfield and one we need to make the playoffs! Nunez will come through this season, he’s got a good game in him, just needs a run!

My point exactly if we got offered £5 million for McLean brilliant take the money and move on! 

28 minutes ago, ridgeman said:

There was an article on Norwich City FC Fan club by Rod Morrison a few days ago that said he had heard from a semi credible source that once Webber has had his six month contractual gap between clubs is joining Leeds as Sporting Director and in advance of him starting through his agency has offered Sara and Sergeant to join him at Leeds. Leeds supporters are saying that Sara is in final negotiations. 

He finishes by saying I hope not true but everything is possible and wouldn’t put it past Webber.

Surely our board of directors, which Webber is not part of, would block any such sales from happening? Knowing that he's on his way out, I can't imagine they would allow him to sabotage our squad by selling our best players to his (potential) future employer.

How about Alfredo Morelos as an option to increase firepower, he is on a free and has not has a club for 3 months.

30 minutes ago, Indy said:

28 minutes ago, Soldier on said:

Not sure any of those are that decent are they ?

None of them give the team what McLean does. therefore him leaving would leave a big hole to fill that we would be unable to afford a replacement for.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sorry but McLean gets so much thrown at him it's, imo, unwarranted. Without him and Hanley last season we went to pieces. I think he is a really important part of our squad.

Don't like Webber one bit, but very much doubt he is offering players to other clubs whilst still employed by us. That's utterly ridiculous.

Edited by Kenny Foggo
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, ridgeman said:

This Rod Morrison https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-46445719 ?

13 minutes ago, Indy said:

If we’re reliant on McLean then I don’t rate our chances much! Again too much to hope that this loan player coming in will be taking McLeans place? Sara is a no way sale in my book far more important in midfield and one we need to make the playoffs! Nunez will come through this season, he’s got a good game in him, just needs a run!

My point exactly if we got offered £5 million for McLean brilliant take the money and move on! 

Kenny is too important on and off the field for us to sell for £5m. I would rather give ourselves every chance this season with the strongest possible squad including some loan additions rather than accept £5m. Sometimes you need to look past the money and have some ambition.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

Kenny is too important on and off the field for us to sell for £5m. I would rather give ourselves every chance this season with the strongest possible squad including some loan additions rather than accept £5m. Sometimes you need to look past the money and have some ambition.

If you guys say so! Not for me, we have enough strong players in Barnes and Duffy! Not sure I’m in the same boat as you! I’d take the money and look to improve by a loan! Each to their own opinions!

1 hour ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Nah, they can have Kenny for £20m with Onel thrown in.

5 minutes ago, Indy said:

If you guys say so! Not for me, we have enough strong players in Barnes and Duffy! Not sure I’m in the same boat as you! I’d take the money and look to improve by a loan! Each to their own opinions!

You're most entitled to your opinion, not knocking you. For me I see what he offers on and off the pitch & isnt he club captain currently as well? For me he's an important cog and despite some being characters coming in during the off season the more captain like leaders we have the better. Then we will stop being such pushovers.

18 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

How dare you imply that some footballers are great for morale and the dressing room. Why, Farke saying that Hugill was one of the biggest motivators and one of the main behind the scenes reasons we got promoted? Utter tosh, he was a bad footballer so clearly we had to sell him soon as we could!

😉