cambridgeshire canary

Will a loss tonight be unacceptable?

After all in some ways you can argue that our result against Boro was one of our worst results all season, but in other ways you can at least try and handwave it. Boro are one of the best teams in this divison, half our team is out injured including our two main centrebacks, the weather was awful.. Whatever you want to come up with you can try and just put it down to a one off awful result.

But QPR? They are 20th. Staring down relegation. They lost 3-0 to Coventry in their last match, their last win was over a month ago with a 1-0 victory and since then they have even lost 6-1 to Blackpool.

I mean come on, if we lose tonight what excuses could we possibly come up with?

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

2 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

It's make or break. Lose and the season is effectively over, win and we could still scrape the play offs. Time for the team to step up and prove they are in this for real.

What makes you think they’ll do that based on the previous 42 matches? 

Just now, lake district canary said:

Nothing, I didn't say they would, but it is what they need to do!

Well we should tank QPR, they are truly awful. 

11 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

In our situation with the lack of confidence and cohesion we seem to show, it doesn't matter how bad QPR are, they could still beat us. So forget "should tank them" - a scraped 1-0 would be a great result!

Edited by lake district canary

Just now, lake district canary said:

In our situation with the lack of confidence and cohesion we seem to show, it doesn't matter how bad QPR are, they could still beat us. So forget "should tank them" - a scraped 1-0 would be a great result.

No excuses tonight, you have to be very good at history to remember QPR last winning a match. 

Honestly, I'm expecting us to roll QPR over big time tonight. They are in freefall. Their fans have turned on their players and management. It's crazy hostile at Loftus Road right now. Cue, crazy "we're going up" statements, then, I'm expecting us to fluff our lines in the next game badly effectively triggering the death of our season, players links and angry dissections' of "what went wrongs" and suchlike.

Edited by Michael Starr

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

In our situation with the lack of confidence and cohesion we seem to show, it doesn't matter how bad QPR are, they could still beat us. So forget "should tank them" - a scraped 1-0 would be a great result.

I agree, we could easily lose tonight (equally we can win), to be honest we have to win to keep the season alive.  In terms of excuses, they are littered through our media content, and it is true any championship team would struggle with 3 core players missing.

9 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

No excuses tonight, you have to be very good at history to remember QPR last winning a match. 

QPR will be up for it - they'll be looking at the fixture tonight and thinking "we can beat this lot, they are off form and give away cheap goals, surely even we can beat them"........

25 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

If we had a fit squad, then I'd agree. If Byram is at CB ahead of Sorensen, we stand half a chance.

• Like 1

I would imagine QPR see this as their best opportunity to secure three points between now and the end of the season.

Not often you get to play against a bunch of snowflakes in Spring….

• Like 1

its a win win for me tonight, Heart says I want Norwich to Win, Pocket says QPR. 
I invested in the QPR bond after doing well with the Norwich one, I really don't want them to be relegated!

After Boro I have resigned to watching Championship football again next season, and I am ok with that! If we get to Playoffs I can't see we've enough about us to get out of it. In my opinion it is all free hits now! I'd like to see Wagner blooding in a load of youth to get some game time before next season.

If we lose I'm taking Ainsworth's leather jacket, I want something positive for the money I've spent this season!

1 hour ago, Andy G said:

its a win win for me tonight, Heart says I want Norwich to Win, Pocket says QPR. 
I invested in the QPR bond after doing well with the Norwich one, I really don't want them to be relegated!

After Boro I have resigned to watching Championship football again next season, and I am ok with that! If we get to Playoffs I can't see we've enough about us to get out of it. In my opinion it is all free hits now! I'd like to see Wagner blooding in a load of youth to get some game time before next season.

What's the deal with the QPR bond then?

I am surprised they needed one after the 5 year plan for world domination.

50 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

If we lose I'm taking Ainsworth's leather jacket, I want something positive for the money I've spent this season!

Careful - I heard he used to do Mixed Martial Arts after band practice and, growing up, ran with the Blackburn Crew.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

If we do lose then it might finally provoke Webber out chants.

Depends if those fans self-reflect upon the demanding Smith is sacked and not seeing the huge improvement they all said was inevitable. "anyone" could do better with this squad, was the thought at the time. Since they've got that one wrong they might be better placed keeping quiet re Webber.

5 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Depends if those fans self-reflect upon the demanding Smith is sacked and not seeing the huge improvement they all said was inevitable. "anyone" could do better with this squad, was the thought at the time. Since they've got that one wrong they might be better placed keeping quiet re Webber.

Why’s that, Webber signs the players and makes the managerial appointments. I remember you thinking he’d move on to a much bigger club than Norwich. The fact is no big club would touch him now as his failures far out way the initial success. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

40 minutes ago, essex canary said:

What's the deal with the QPR bond then?

I am surprised they needed one after the 5 year plan for world domination.

Is Fernandez still their owner?

Perhaps he's poor now...

4 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Why’s that, Webber signs the players and makes the managerial appointments. I remember you thinking he’d move on to a much bigger club than Norwich. The fact is no big club would touch him now as his failures far out way the initial success. 

Chelsea interviewed him this season. That's a huge club considering him for a position. No other SD in this division was considered. I believe when he leaves us he's considering getting into another sport. I wouldn't be surprised for him to make a success of it elsewhere and reap the financial benefits from doing so. Some are jealous of him, I get that.

Tonight will decide who is in with a chance of the playoffs , lose and we can forget it especially if all the others around us win , in some ways will be a blessing as just my ready . 

• Like 1