We need to get promoted for mainly financial reasons rather than football reasons.Our skill set and tactical awaness will not improve in prem but money will come in.We need to go up for this reasonĀ 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Boy, can't wait to get battered 5-0 every match

I am willing to wager ā‚¬100, that should we get promoted we wont concede 190Ā goals without reply.Ā  Stupid boy.Ā 

Edited by wcorkcanary
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

I am willing to wager ā‚¬100, that should we get promoted we wont concede 190Ā goals without reply.Ā  Stupid boy.Ā 

Obviously not, it's called hyperbole for comedic affect šŸ˜‰

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Obviously not, it's called hyperbole for comedic affect šŸ˜‰

Why is an inane comment funny then ?Ā 

• Like 1

I'm not comfortable to think we have to go up for financial reasons. ThatĀ is not what sport is about. If we stay down, be it forĀ two or three seasons or more, we can develop the team and squad for however long we need to. Yes, we lose parachute payments along the way, but football should always be the main focus.Ā 

Money is important, but it isn't the be all and end all. Football is what matters and the pressure to get promoted should not be a financial one. Sport is what matters, not money.Ā 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I'm not comfortable to think we have to go up for financial reasons. ThatĀ is not what sport is about. If we stay down, be it forĀ two or three seasons or more, we can develop the team and squad for however long we need to. Yes, we lose parachute payments along the way, but football should always be the main focus.Ā 

Money is important, but it isn't the be all and end all. Football is what matters and the pressure to get promoted should not be a financial one. Sport is what matters, not money.Ā 

Agree 100%. 'Money' is the only motivational factor from the club this season as despite Webbers arrogance when he arrived concerning the 'previous regime' he has himself 'pissed money up the wall' so much so that we are on the verge of serious financial problems unless of course Mr Atannasio bails us out. A friend of mine met N Adams at the new cafe in John Doe furniture store in Diss a couple of months ago.Ā A brief conversation ensued and N Adams repeated that.........'we have to get promotion for financial reasons'Ā Ā Ā 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Beacause you've not had your morning coffee yet šŸ˜‡

I dont drink coffee in order to have activity in my brain. ... feed it correctlyĀ  and it works just fine without stimulants.Ā  Coffee is just an salveĀ for poor mental hygene . Facking Muppets walking round town *, phone in one hand, over priced shoiteinacup in the other.Ā  " oooh i can't function without my coffee " ...FFS !!Ā 

* back bedroom at mums house for CC.

Edited by wcorkcanary
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

It is extremely hard to develop football teams without money.

Yo-yo was always the plan to develop the squad, it just hasnā€™t happened for multiple reasons. This should have been our strongestĀ year so far.

The idea the squad will getĀ better in the ChampionshipĀ with less money is fanciful. Football improvement requires money, itā€™s not what matters, but itā€™s an unfortunate reality.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

t. A friend of mine met N Adams at the new cafe in John Doe furniture store in Diss a couple of months ago.Ā A brief conversation ensued and N Adams repeated that.........'we have to get promotion for financial reasons'Ā Ā Ā 

Complete side track but next time tell them to meet at the Ampersand brewery opposite l. Great beers and tasty burgers. I'd highly recommend it.

• Like 1

Those suggesting they don't want to see us promoted should be careful what they wish for.Ā 

If we don't get promotedĀ we'll be in a difficult position financially. The final parachute payments are already spent, and there will be no funds to support the squad rebuild which is clearly needed. The club's trajectory will be very much one way, and there is no guarantee we'll be able to address that any time soonĀ without major investment.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Given the strength of the teams at the bottom of the PL promotion is going to be much harder from next season so going up next month could be last chance for a while.

Although I get the financial bonuses, if weā€™re not properly set up as a squad to at least compete (spoiler alert: weā€™re really not at present), then there really is noĀ point getting promoted. Iā€™m hoping that our next wave of youth playersĀ contributes to at least one ā€˜Aaronā€™s-calibreā€™ player and we make some quality signings in the summer,Ā so weā€™re a much better team and have depth for the next season.

Put it this way, Burnley have spanked the league and did the double over us, but may still struggle next year. Weā€™re nowhere near them at present. That says all you need to know.

3 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

Come on Corkie, admit you needed a calculator.

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

Come on Corkie, admit you needed a calculator.

Got me there, i initially wrote 1900 goals but decidedĀ  190 was enough hyperbole.Ā  Hence edit but fortunatelyĀ  no calc required . Now Xg over 38 games would be a different matter altogether.Ā 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Monty13 said:

It is extremely hard to develop football teams without money.

Yo-yo was always the plan to develop the squad, it just hasnā€™t happened for multiple reasons. This should have been our strongestĀ year so far.

The idea the squad will getĀ better in the ChampionshipĀ with less money is fanciful. Football improvement requires money, itā€™s not what matters, but itā€™s an unfortunate reality.

No there is only one reason we havenā€™t developed the team, heā€™s called Stuart Webber and he buys crap footballers who donā€™t fit the style we played!Ā 

Money?Ā 

A Saudi team offered Messi Ā£400M a season to go and play there.Ā 

Let them have whatever they want and let them get on with it.

Assuming we don't go up, the focus will be on doing better than the Binners.

A prolonged spell in the Championship will be pretty disastrous financially and seeing players the quality of Buendia and Pukki again will be extremely unlikely.

Unless of course our new owner piles money into the club, and he'll need to.

Edited by Capt. Pants

4 hours ago, mr footy said:

We need to get promoted for mainly financial reasons rather than football reasons.Our skill set and tactical awaness will not improve in prem but money will come in.We need to go up for this reasonĀ 

Go and support them lot down the A140 then

1 hour ago, Robornio said:

Although I get the financial bonuses, if weā€™re not properly set up as a squad to at least compete (spoiler alert: weā€™re really not at present), then there really is noĀ point getting promoted. Iā€™m hoping that our next wave of youth playersĀ contributes to at least one ā€˜Aaronā€™s-calibreā€™ player and we make some quality signings in the summer,Ā so weā€™re a much better team and have depth for the next season.

Put it this way, Burnley have spanked the league and did the double over us, but may still struggle next year. Weā€™re nowhere near them at present. That says all you need to know.

I dont get this argument.

Very rarely is a promoted team ready for the Prem. We broke our own records and won the title at a canter two seasons ago but the squad still wasn't ready.

You need some really astute business and a huge slice of luck just to stand a chance upon promotion. But that's only possible if you get promoted in the first place.

I'd love us to get promoted because it means we've witnessed an incredible end to the season with a win at Wembley. Football is all about moments and memories and the opportunity to watch Norwich at Wembley with family / friends isn't something I take particularly lightly.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Assuming we don't go up, the focus will be on doing better than the Binners.

A prolonged spell in the Championship will be pretty disastrous financially and seeing players the quality of Buendia and Pukki again will be extremely unlikely.

Unless of course our new owner piles money into the club, anx he'll need to.

We didn't have money when we recruited those 2 named players though.Ā 

• Like 2

Promotion for money reasons. Attitude just as before.Ā 
What about being brave and wanting promotion so that we can better ourselves in a premium league rather than accumulating a few quid we can waste on injured players and hopeful prospects that arenā€™t good enough for the Premier League.Ā 

5 hours ago, lake district canary said:

I agree ,it should be but at this level it is not .We as a club have only six different waysĀ  of income.almost all of the current premium teams have seven .Therefore it is vital we gain promotion.Ā 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hogesar said:

We didn't have money when we recruited those 2 named players though.Ā 

Not helpful...

Edited by nutty nigel
šŸ™ƒšŸ™ƒšŸ™ƒ
  • Haha 1

The idea of redeveloping during a few loss making seasons in the Chumps is not as straight forward as some seem to think. We are just as likely, if not more likely, to stagnate and become mid-table regulars, imo, and then with ever diminishing crowds we could find ourselves sinkingĀ in a quicksand of mediocrity or worse.

Of course, our two main hopes of avoiding this fate, should we fail this season,Ā restĀ with thatĀ knight in shining armour across the Atlantic and our Category 1.Ā Academy.

The snag is that we need Ā Anattasio to beĀ generous with that horrible money stuff, and also the academy needs quite a lot of it to thrive and produce the youth fundamental to such a rebuild. Grrr.

NCFC is a business not a charity.Ā Ā All businesses need to maximise income sources wherever possible or feasible and not satiate the fantasies of those who, in footballing terms, have a Corinthian-Casuals*** mindset.

*** Sponsored by Specsavers, btw.

Ā 

Edited by BroadstairsR

Assume not promoted. Sell Sara, Ā£25m. Sell Rashica, Ā£5m. Maddison on-sale Ā£5m. Another couple of sales Ā£5m. For a Championship team, Ā£40m if spent well should be enough to recruit players to get us up (witness Burnley this season).Ā 

Assume promoted; well Webber has already borrowed forward against broadcast income, he'll repeat this but again he needs to spend that money well.

Common issue? Can Webber be trusted? šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Edited by shefcanary

5 hours ago, Robornio said:

That makes no sense whatsoever. Firstly we will certainly lose a few. The likes of Aarons, Sara, Gunn could well be tempted away by the level of wages...... we could match if we were in the PL. PL money would allow us to bring in the quality we need, and give us a few million for a couple of more (three?) years after, if relegated.

Secondly the problem we face is not that money does not buy success. But the amount those outside the top eight have does not. It is the players signed, who have not been up to it. Why, well that's another argument. But that can never be a reason for not wanting the team to be as successful as possible. It is about 'wanting to win'. Something Lambert and Farke were able to install in the squad. Why that momentum could not be continued is a complex question and answer. As I have said, if it was as easy as many on here think then Webber would be at one of those top eight clubs.Ā  Fridays game showed we do have it, but not consistently. Maybe with the injuries before and on the day it gave us that 'underdog fight'. Backs to the wall stuff. The fight we had when we regularly scored late goals, and always looked like we could.

And for those around in '59, was there any talk then of the supporters not wanting to get to Wembley..... in case the team got beaten?

So it's off to hell in a handcart once again.

This happens every few seasons.

But don't lose heart...

This hell is never as bad than the years where we get to the promised land.

Happy Easter.

Edited by nutty nigel
šŸ’’šŸŒ±šŸ‡šŸ£šŸ°šŸ„šŸ§ŗšŸ„š

9 hours ago, Robornio said:

Although I get the financial bonuses, if weā€™re not properly set up as a squad to at least compete (spoiler alert: weā€™re really not at present), then there really is noĀ point getting promoted.

You get the financial bonuses? You lucky ba$tard!