Graham Paddons Beard

Billy Gilmour. Out of Favour at Brighton

1 minute ago, TheDarkKnight said:

That's the thing, a while ago I asked about the depth of the England midfield. Someone said Davies.

Pretty much sums how deep the pool is.

Yes one person on the pinkun suggesting him as maybe the 8th choice central midfielder is certainly definitive. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TheDarkKnight said:

No. I could find the link if you like. Davies was cited if Rice and Phillips were injured.

Taking Gilmour out of the equation. Do you think those players make for a top class bench?

I don't.

No, I don't

But what they do make are players who would 'walk into England's midfield' ahead of Billy were he English - which is what the argument has always been. 

Edited by GodlyOtsemobor

2 hours ago, TheDarkKnight said:

No. I could find the link if you like. Davies was cited if Rice and Phillips were injured.

Taking Gilmour out of the equation. Do you think those players make for a top class bench?

I don't.

Go and find the link then. It was me who posted Davies along with about 10 other players, all of whom would be ahead of Gilmour if he was eligible for England.

And you're right, Davies isn't that good, and the depth at CM for England is poor.

And STILL Gilmour would need about 12 people to be unavailable before he gets a start.

Edited by canarydan23
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

Shouldn't you be trolling Brighton forums these days?

I expect they have one of their own. Might even be Scottish.

56 minutes ago, TheDarkKnight said:

Yikes.

lol. OK.

Good luck with all that. 🙂

Luck? Why would I need luck? I'm arguing that someone with over 150 EPL appearances (and half a dozen goals) who has captained his team, would be ahead of Billy Gilmour, with his abject failure at Norwich and bench-warming at Brighton, in the England pecking order.

And Davies was probably the worst option on my list too.

To be honest, he should be more worried about how far he's fallen down the Scotland pecking order; McGregor, McGinn, Jack, McTominay and McLean all ahead based on recent selections and subs.

But yeah, he'd walk into England's midfield!

Edited by canarydan23

Just now, TheDarkKnight said:

Is this the time to tell you that Gilmour owns a European Cup winner's medal?

No. He's behind McGregor. I wouldn't say McTominay or McGinn as they're more of a number 10 in our system.

I think Jack will retire soon, as he keeps picking up injuries.

As for McLean. No.

Is this really a controversial topic? The main reason that England can't beat a major team (barring Italy recently) Is because they lose the midfield.

You'll see in September at Hampden. 😉

Gilmours ownership to a winners medal is akin to me buying a replica of Ebay.

England's midfield is on a completely different planet to Scotlands. Its like comparing Man City to Chesterfield. 

Scotland are an international irrelevance and Gilmour can't even start regularly for them at the moment.

13 minutes ago, TheDarkKnight said:

Really? I remember him being in the squad. Buying one on eBay would buy you a place on the bench?

Rice, Bellingham and Phillips? Right. Scary.

You're definitely a parody.

Listen to yourself.

Rice, rumoured to be off for £70 million in the summer.

Bellingham, one of world football's most promising talents.

Phillips, bought by Guardiola for £40 million. 

You making out Gilmour would usurp players like this is tantamount to me saying Hanley would have put Maldini on the bench. I'm not even exaggerating.

For the first time since I've been on here I've had to put someone on ignore,  this idiot is just tiresome now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, TheDarkKnight said:

Mate, condescension doesn't work on me. It's my second language.

Rice will probably go to Chelsea and be converted into a center back.

Phillips will probably be off in the summer.

This is what it is. People here get a sadistic kick out of kicking lumps out of a 21 year old. I'm well within my rights to big him up when he deserves it.

Don't like it? Be a grown up and accept it. Or don't. Couldn't care less.

Since he left Norwich, the only time I've ever commented on him is when someone has uttered such utter drivel about him that I've been unable to not reply. Like when I can't help engage flat earthers and conspiracy nuts.

1 hour ago, TheDarkKnight said:

Drivel according to you.

Respect and patience and ability to accept other opinions are good traits. This Is what it looks like.

You just said that Scotland is an international irrelevance. You don't count that as drivel? OK then. Tell that to Angus Gunn.

If you want to continue this, PM me, as you're trolling the spamming the **** out of this thread.

Doubt you'll send one. You need an audience.

And I'm out. 🙂

Cool story bro.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TheDarkKnight said:

Really? I remember him being in the squad. Buying one on eBay would buy you a place on the bench?

Rice, Bellingham and Phillips? Right. Scary.

Maybe you should tell that to Spain. 😉

Your number one is currently number one for an international irrelevance. Ouch.

Pep thought buying Phillips was a good idea. How much interest did he have in Gilmour? Was it zero? 

Yes our goalkeeper is number one for an international irrelevance. They're that much of an irrelevance he pretended not to be English just for some caps and walked straight into a dire Scottish team which even Gilmour himself can't walk into.

23 minutes ago, TheDarkKnight said:

Well, actually... 

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1251457/Man-City-News-Pep-Guardiola-Chelsea-Billy-Gilmour-Barcelona-Real-Madrid-Gossip

Scotland have Played England 115 times: England with 48 wins; Scotland with 41 and 26 draws.

Not exactly domination. 

So, Scotland are an "international irrelevance?

Could you please explain to me what that means? Who, In your opinion, are football relevances?

Just the teams who have won major trophies? 

Ooh! I know! For fun lets list teams in order of trophies won (World Cup, European Championships and Copa America):

Argentina (18)

Uruguay (17)

Brazil (14)

Germany (7)

Italy (6)

France (4)

Spain (4)

Chile (2)

Paraguay (2)

Colombia (1)

Czechoslovakia (1) 

Denmark (1)

England (1)

Greece (1)

Netherlands (1)

Peru (1)

Soviet Union (1) 

So, going by your presumed parameters, England are just as relevant as Colombia, Czechoslovakia, Denmark, Greece, Netherlands, Peru and the Soviet Union but not as relevant as Argentina, Uruguay, Brazil, Germany, Italy, France, Spain, Chile or Paraguay? 

Looking at that list, England don't appear all that relevant.

Whatever helps you sleep at night buddy.

Man of the Match according to his manager. Well done Billy ,   you've taken your chance.  Not easy (Brighton ) is one very good team .

Bye the way Chelsea are missing you as well Billy 👦 boy. 🙃😉

Roberto De Zerbi said Billy Gilmour was the best player on the pitch as Albion thrashed Wolves. The midfielder seized his chance as a starter in the 6-0 win at the Amex.

Edited by Mengo
  • Like 1

I'M NOT BOVVERED......AM I BOVVERED? why are we still talking about a loan player who failed here? Good luck to Billy.......BUT NOT BOVVERED.

Just now, TheDarkKnight said:

Yeah, because that's what every midfielder has to be judged on.

Dominated the Wolvesmidfield singlehanded.

The world has moved on mate, we really couldn't give a **** what he does.

Nothing to do with us.

On March 21st Billy Gilmour was out of favour at Brighton. 

Six month later he isn’t . 

That’s football isn’t it? 

Probably a few more things in football that have changed in 6 months. Dig a few more out if you are bored. 

Have to say “within my rights” made me chuckle . Taking yourself a bit seriously there Jocky. 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard

56 minutes ago, TheDarkKnight said:

If we can talk about him when he's struggling then we should be able to talk about when he's doing well.

He does have links to Norwich. So it's fair game. Anyone doesn't like it? Ignore the thread.

Is that him doing well? 6.9 is a touch above average with no key contributions in the stats you posted, yes, he's tidy moving the ball around in the midfield when he has time, he always has been and that was never a complaint. The complaint was he was not a clutch player and made no telling contributions and you've not shown anything to contradict that...

Jocky missed the entire point of the thread even though I spelt it out in words of virtually one syllable. It was the media narrative it dealt with. Nothing to do with Wee Billy or his ability - most of us couldn’t give a shït about that . 

That’s it . Nothing more to say. 

When I saw this thread I thought you know who will soon be here, if he'd didn't bump it himself. Which he did as it turns out. Let us ween off the wean if we can.

Literally forgot he existed till I saw his thread. And I still don't care. Absolute waste of space for Norwich.

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Literally forgot he existed till I saw his thread. And I still don't care. Absolute waste of space for Norwich.

could walk straight into Englands midfield.......... 

Unless of course coombs, Stanway, hemp, Kelly,  Toone, Walsh, Zelem are all fit... Then there's no chance of the wee one getting a game 😉

Edited by GodlyOtsemobor
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

could walk straight into Englands midfield.......... 

Unless of course coombs, Stanway, hemp, Kelly,  Toone, Walsh, Zelem are all fit... Then there's no chance of the wee one getting a game 😉

And he's pulled out post-of-the-day at the end of the innings!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheDarkKnight said:

Fair enough.

However, as long as this thread exists (I didn't post it), I'm within my rights to contribute to it.

If you don't like it, have it removed.

Says the guy who just told me to ignore the thread. Hypocrite.