Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

*official lappinitup match thread Potters V Canaries*

I’m watching this lot seems to me not one player knows how to,play football missed kicks sloppy challenges not able to pass not thinking what the hells going on

Get Kamara on at HT, may as well see what the lad can do, can't offer anything less than Sargent anyway.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Helsinki canary said:

The Sara Mclean partnership is failing big time, we have no midfield protection for the defense, having no DM is really showing 

The fact we are STILL talking about issues with the defensive midfield position says it all. It's a running joke that's turned into a marathon.

OTBC

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

Aarons is a total passenger in this line-up.

I was then thinking that he'd started putting himself about, after a quiet start.

I think we give the ball away too easily, I think the problem is in that midfield Sara is clearly a player, when McLean and Sara are able to boss the midfield we look like a decent side, but we were being out numbered in midfield we have been poor adding Sorenson has messed the balance to the side.

Although it should be fine if we just didn't give the ball away so easily. 

1 minute ago, Michael Starr said:

Why am I not seeing the players screaming at each other?

Cos they're all playing as cr@p as each other, bar Gunn

5 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Not looking like Smith was the problem, was it? Beginning to look hard at the senior pros here - what kind of culture is being set there now?

The weird thing is, the backbone of this side got promoted, some of them twice. 

Just now, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

The fact we are STILL talking about issues with the defensive midfield position says it all. It's a running joke that's turned into a marathon.

OTBC

How many years has that been an obvious position that needed strengthening.

Just now, Haus said:

The weird thing is, the backbone of this side got promoted, some of them twice. 

And those players have had the psychological battering associated with a humiliating relegation, some of them twice.

I don't think Webber really thought through those comments he made about not wanting to sign relegated players as they were damaged goods... about a year before we went down following a £750k spend.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Yes our Midfield if cause of our problems. We still haven’t replaced skipp 

So we decide to play lightweights, as many as we can.

Edited by keelansgrandad

18 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Disagree, I thought we looked considerably worse with Omo at the back. Maybe just because we then had two right footed CBs but there we go.

We were better in the first half than the second, but Omobamidele played well and made a couple of important tackles. I think we looked worse after half time because Huddersfield weren't letting our centre backs carry the ball unopposed up to about 40 yards of their own goal in the second half, and we struggled once they were being a bit more proactive. 

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Unlucky Tsoliz, he's growing on me. I thought he was a complete pansy but brave header that.

He's doing ok.