Sign in to follow this  
Bovril

Sunderland Fan saves life of Norwich fan

Story on their forum here.

Norwich fan in and out of consciousness with Police around him (waiting for Ambulance). Sunderland fan, medically trained, stopped and advised Police to check the Norwich fan's pockets, where they found EpiPen's, which the Sunderland fan duly injected into his leg and the fan came round.

Well done to that Sunderland fan. 

• Like 31
  • Thanks 10

8 pages on their forum now. As one poster said, it reinforces the Friendship Trophy thing. Great to hear.

• Like 4

Wonderful stuff from the Mackem fan. Would be great if NCFC invited him back to a match at FCR and he was reunited with the Norwich fan on the pitch pre match. He would get a fantastic reception and masses of well deserved media attention. I have a family friend who is a huge Sunderland fan and he came down to the match to day with his Dad. I'm sure he would help organise this as would I from the Norwich perspective. Worth pointing out that my Mackem friend is also a Norwich member and has been with us to several Norwich away matches proudly wearing the famous Yellow!

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

8 pages on their forum now. As one poster said, it reinforces the Friendship Trophy thing. Great to hear.

So that's why Sorensen got a little kiss then  😘

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

Wonderful stuff from the Mackem fan. Would be great if NCFC invited him back to a match at FCR and he was reunited with the Norwich fan on the pitch pre match. He would get a fantastic reception and masses of well deserved media attention. I have a family friend who is a huge Sunderland fan and he came down to the match to day with his Dad. I'm sure he would help organise this as would I from the Norwich perspective. Worth pointing out that my Mackem friend is also a Norwich member and has been with us to several Norwich away matches proudly wearing the famous Yellow!

Glad to hear the relationship between the two clubs endures. And completely agree that NCFC should organise something to recognise that Sunderland fan's quick thinking 

I've been given the name of the Sunderland fan who provided help. Anyone know who to pass his details to? maybe @Feedthewolfcan help if I DM the fan's contact details?

22 minutes ago, Bovril said:

I've been given the name of the Sunderland fan who provided help. Anyone know who to pass his details to? maybe @Feedthewolfcan help if I DM the fan's contact details?

Not sure if it's his area but Danny is always helpful, & could point you in the right direction if it's not him. 

danny.casey@canaries.co.uk

• Like 1

9 hours ago, yellowrider120 said:

Great idea, something our PR team should be doing rather than dreaming up ludicrous codes of conduct for our fans when they're in Carrow Road.

• Thanks 1

Bravo Sunderland supporter....BRAVO!.... A hearty congratulatory cyberspace handshake with very well done pat on your back!....

Imagine what could have happened. Glad he took the time to help someone who.

Off topic I had a look at their thread and enjoyed the poster who wanted to tell ourselves about it and got lost amongst the posts/messages and then accused the OP of hijacking the thread. Bless.

28 minutes ago, KiwiScot said:

Imagine what could have happened. Glad he took the time to help someone who.

Off topic I had a look at their thread and enjoyed the poster who wanted to tell ourselves about it and got lost amongst the posts/messages and then accused the OP of hijacking the thread. Bless.

I liked the comments on there about how the guy who helped our fan had enjoyed a rock ‘n roll evening in King’s Lynn the night before!

• Haha 1

Great story. Hopefully the clubs can give it a bit  more publicity. Prove football fans aren't all mindless drunks who argue over the use of a drum!

Maybe the fans can reunite the next time we play each other.

I've had basic first aid training but wouldn't have thought to check the guys pockets. 

Anybody know whether this wonderful act has landed on a desk at Carrow Road and is going to be dealt with in a fitting manner ?

supporterrelations@canaries.co.uk

Was on an email I got earlier so thought I'd try. I've sent them the story and links to the Sunderland board/pink un.  Who knows if anything will be done. Hopefully 

2 minutes ago, The Raptor said:

supporterrelations@canaries.co.uk

Was on an email I got earlier so thought I'd try. I've sent them the story and links to the Sunderland board/pink un.  Who knows if anything will be done. Hopefully 

Don't hold your breath for an answer.

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

Essex has put the mailbox over quota! 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I won't. Said 5 working days. I'll have forgotten about it by then!

5 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Essex has put the mailbox over quota! 

He has been busy today demanding to know who the club spokesperson was on that ridiculous thread of his that fell off the front page yesterday.

22 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

He has been busy today demanding to know who the club spokesperson was on that ridiculous thread of his that fell off the front page yesterday.

Please address all communications to 'Dear Club Spokesperson'. 3 years ago no problem in messaging Ben.

Just looked at the Sunderland forum, someone from the evening news has posted on there now so it should make the local press

• Like 4

1 hour ago, FenwayFrank said:

Just lurked on the Sunderland forum, someone from the evening news has posted on there now so it should make the local press

Corrected that for you FF. 😂 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, essex canary said:

Please address all communications to 'Dear Club Spokesperson'. 3 years ago no problem in messaging Ben.

No idea why you have so much trouble getting a response from the club. I tend to send one email and mostly get a response the same day, just like it was 3,5 or 10 years ago. You’re perhaps asking more difficult questions; I’m little more than a simpleton.

I suppose it could be that they’re waiting for someone to invent the technology to revive Alan Turing to try and decipher your bollox.

Or…maybe they think you’re a pain in the Khyber.

It’s probably how clever you are though. Your posts tie me up in knots! I did get a C in Geography though, so I’m a dab hand at Ox Bow lakes. 😉