3 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

At least young POTS is easy, Liam Gibbs

Your always better when you don't play. 

Its a strange one   was the star pupil  then Wagner came along and now it's oh so different.  

By the way Wagner is a breath of fresh air.

1 minute ago, Mengo said:

Your always better when you don't play. 

Its a strange one   was the star pupil  then Wagner came along and now it's oh so different.  

By the way Wagner is a breath of fresh air.

Not sure AO or Idah have done enough to win it.

Is Sargent still considered young enough perhaps?

McLean remains the best of a bad bunch.

If our best young player is Gibbs and he no longer crosses the white line then we have a problem.

Edited by Capt. Pants

37 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I think there is a few contenders, but it's the lack of game  time Gibbs is getting .Any ideas? Because as I say I think Wagner is a top man.  For me the quicker a certain person vacates this club we will move forward. 

Edited by Mengo

On 06/03/2023 at 18:20, Ulfotto said:

Shows this season how consistently good performers have been hard to come by with people putting a handful of good games together at best.

My top three at the moment would be Sargent, McLean and Sara.

Because the majority have been crap especially at CR

40 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Idah

now you are joking 

If McLean wins POTS I think I would implode with rage. What a damning indictment of how far we've fallen as someone said earlier...

Edited by Worthy Nigelton
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

If McLean wins POTS I think I would implode with rage. What a damning indictment of how far we've fallen as someone said earlier

True.

Still not as bad as that time Lee Croft won it

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

If McLean wins POTS I think I would implode with rage. What a damning indictment of how far we've fallen as someone said earlier...

Is it that difficult for you to concede that maybe one of our players has inproved?

(Plus I think you’ll find Duncan (the someone you mention) was taking the p1ss)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Is it that difficult for you to concede that maybe one of our players has inproved?

(Plus I think you’ll find Duncan (the someone you mention) was taking the p1ss)

I know he was. 

He has improved, he's gone from a 2/10 to a 5.

2 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

I know he was. He has improved, he's gone from a 2/10 to a 5. 

I think the point you are missing though is that no one has consistently been better than him. The damning indictment as you put it is on the other players, not Kenny.

On 06/03/2023 at 19:20, Duncan Edwards said:

Shows how far we’ve fallen if Kenny McLean is our best performing player. What a damning indictment of our recruitment etc etc 

Yep, totally agree!   Damning indictment of our team in particular!   He’s had to become a third centre half to get this belated recognition!   From there he can spray balls and has time…. He’s usually anonymous against the better opponents!

Sad there’s not much choice, give it to Gunn, best of a bad bunch!      Wasted season, we could and should have used it to start a redevelopment of the team.

14 hours ago, The Raptor said:

Another Carlo Nash season for me. No one has stood out. They've all been pretty average. A few decent games. A few not so good ones. 

To award it to anyone would make them think they've played at the required standard . None of them have. They were favourites to win the league. Ability wise they should have been right up there all season fighting for the title.

As people have said on other threads perhaps the relegations have taken their toll mentally and they just don't have the fight in them.

Let's not forget that when Farke was sacked Webber was adamant that our squad had the 'weapons' to stay up last season.

18 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

I think the point you are missing though is that no one has consistently been better than him. The damning indictment as you put it is on the other players, not Kenny.

Nope.  Plenty of players have been better than him... the difference is their standards are that much higher. For instance, Pukki at this level performs at a 9/10 historically but this season has been a 7/10 for arguments sake.  Ditto Aarons.  This is still better than Kenny going from a 2/10 to a 5/10.  It's about expectation and nothing has proved that more than when Kenny looked a little better under Wagner against the worst teams in the league that all of the Kenny-lovers came out to tell us he actually was brilliant after all.  They go quiet again on games where he's shown up for what he is - which is a very average Championship player. 

He is now playing a holding midfield role and against all of the teams we've played in the bottom half he's looked okay (I'll give him that) hence this ludicrous POTS talk.  Against those in the top ten in this new role we've conceded eight goals in four games, losing three of them. Now you Kenny-lovers will all say "Hanley/Gibson/Dimi/Aarons were rubbish in those games, it's not Kenny's fault", to which I'll mention my initial post - this exact same back four at this level were the meanest defence in the club's history with Skipp in front of them - with Kenny in front of them they're all of a sudden crap and it's not his fault.  No, I'm not having that.  He is the crap one, not them.

He should be shown the door at the end of the season, not awarded a trophy and there's no amount of okay-ish performances against Rotherham that will change my mind.  Get rid - he's not good enough for Norwich and it's long overdue that the club recognise this.

• Like 1

On 06/03/2023 at 16:20, BroadstairsR said:

Teemu.

If he leaves, a fitting farewell.

If he stays, a great big thank you.

But it will likely be Max's last season too, 1 year left on his deal, we need to sell to see  a fee.

42 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

But it will likely be Max's last season too, 1 year left on his deal, we need to sell to see  a fee.

It's increasingly looking like Sara's one and only season - surely he's in the running on that basis.

TBF, if Hanley got it for the same reason, I'd actually be very happy with that. 😉 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, shefcanary said:

It's increasingly looking like Sara's one and only season - surely he's in the running on that basis.

TBF, if Hanley got it for the same reason, I'd actually be very happy with that. 😉 

Why's that, sorry?

I still think Bali Mumba should get it if Plymouth go up automatically. 😉

On a serious note, I think I'd have - potential for username-related bias notwithstanding - Angus. If we ever wondered if Krul could be replaced, I think we've got our answer this season. Granted, he's not as outstanding a shot-stopper as Timmy ever was but we don't get anywhere near as many heart-in-mouth moments with the ball at feet.

4 hours ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

Nope.  Plenty of players have been better than him... the difference is their standards are that much higher. For instance, Pukki at this level performs at a 9/10 historically but this season has been a 7/10 for arguments sake.  Ditto Aarons.  This is still better than Kenny going from a 2/10 to a 5/10.  It's about expectation and nothing has proved that more than when Kenny looked a little better under Wagner against the worst teams in the league that all of the Kenny-lovers came out to tell us he actually was brilliant after all.  They go quiet again on games where he's shown up for what he is - which is a very average Championship player. 

He is now playing a holding midfield role and against all of the teams we've played in the bottom half he's looked okay (I'll give him that) hence this ludicrous POTS talk.  Against those in the top ten in this new role we've conceded eight goals in four games, losing three of them. Now you Kenny-lovers will all say "Hanley/Gibson/Dimi/Aarons were rubbish in those games, it's not Kenny's fault", to which I'll mention my initial post - this exact same back four at this level were the meanest defence in the club's history with Skipp in front of them - with Kenny in front of them they're all of a sudden crap and it's not his fault.  No, I'm not having that.  He is the crap one, not them.

He should be shown the door at the end of the season, not awarded a trophy and there's no amount of okay-ish performances against Rotherham that will change my mind.  Get rid - he's not good enough for Norwich and it's long overdue that the club recognise this.

Possibly so but which other Tools ARE good enough?? Therein lies the problem.

3 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Why's that, sorry?

Have you not seen all the rumours flying around? One today says we are prepared to let him go to West Ham, but only if they offer at least £25m.

How it works is someone at Colney is briefing journalists that Sara is available at the right price. The journalists then contacts their club contacts to find those interested. Then just slip in a figure in an article that they think is acceptable.

You'd be naive to think Sara is not being marketed already.

On 12/03/2023 at 16:48, TeemuVanBasten said:

He was absolutely dreadful for the first few months though.

I honestly think Kenny McLean has been our most consistent player.

I’d like to try and stick to the formula of voting for a player of the season that’s immediately sold to buy more rubbish with please and thank you 😂

If McLean wins it, we could get pretty close to being able to select a pretty dreadful XI out of previous winners. Not necessarily awful players, but certainly one's that shouldn't be winning POTS.

Definitely Gunn for me. He was the only one who consistently played well throughout Smith’s time and has carried that form on.

Kenny has been much better under Wagner and be my second choice.

Jesus Christ,

Trying to work this out really reiterates how bad we've actually been.

Sara is probably the 'recency' winner, especially if he keeps his form to the end of the season.

Shouts of Kenny, Teemu or Max are laughable, Sargent and Hernandez more so.

Angus has been pretty consistent too I guess.

Perhaps they really should not award this season, as no one player has been even average all season, this feels like the season rivers won, loved player gets a sympathy vote.

Lots of kenny support but I struggle to pick an ever present who, as an independent podcaster commented , had the season pass him by under Smith.   Yes a lot is to do with the manager but the increase in energy levels under wagner are noticeable, but so are the mistakes.   Does always make himself available but is that enough for pots?

I can't get with the back 4, who have been poor, and we have too rarely offered competition in midfield to choose one of them. Aaron's is the exception who showed he cares more than most, & like kenny,never stops trying. It's nit enough tho.   Like wise attackers, who have been starved of service from that woeful midfield.

So in a field of inconsistent players my contenders are pre wc Sargent, who was good  then but so bad since his injury, onel, who under wagner has added output to his willing energy (and so puts him ahead of kenny for me), Gunn, who has kept us in games when the defensive mid and backs have parted like the red sea, or sara, who has taken time to adjust to the champs but is providing some joy.

In a thin year Sara is my pick, I doubt he will be here next season with clubs already scouting him.

On 13/03/2023 at 22:12, shefcanary said:

Have you not seen all the rumours flying around? One today says we are prepared to let him go to West Ham, but only if they offer at least £25m

They'll only be paying out that sort of money if they stay up this season.