Sign in to follow this  
Kirk

Milwall away help

Been loads of times, never had an issue but maybe I’m just lucky. We even parked up on a local estate and walked to the ground in shirts, chap in his garden told us that it was “…laaaaavvverly to see” wished us well with a chirpy “be laaaacky”.

It’s really not that bad, I’ve always found Wolves worse. But then the ‘wall were my local side when I was residing in New Cross so maybe I just get a pass…😂

Some decent pubs round London Bridge too. 

7 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Been loads of times, never had an issue but maybe I’m just lucky. We even parked up on a local estate and walked to the ground in shirts, chap in his garden told us that it was “…laaaaavvverly to see” wished us well with a chirpy “be laaaacky”.

It’s really not that bad, I’ve always found Wolves worse. But then the ‘wall were my local side when I was residing in New Cross so maybe I just get a pass…😂

Some decent pubs round London Bridge too. 

And if you like craft beers there is a ridiculous amount of tap room/brewery type places on the Bermondsey beer mile not far from the den.

The away stand at Millwall does hold over 4,000 in total, but that is over two tiers. The upper level holds 2,800, which is what Norwich have taken, the lower the other 1,200. The reduced allocation taken by WBA is due to them not taking all the blocks of seats in the upper tier. 

4 minutes ago, Satriales said:

If you're really desperate to go there's always plenty of tickets in the home stands.

Apart from the threat of of GBH one big downside is you'll be constantly bombarded with emails until the day you die.

What a state this country is in when you can’t go to a football ground without the chance of being assaulted 

Unbelievable that you have to cover up a shirt or scarf 

Certainly progress since the last war

2 hours ago, daly said:

What a state this country is in when you can’t go to a football ground without the chance of being assaulted 

Yes. Can you see this type of behaviour anywhere else in Europe. This is only a recent phenomenon. Many is the time my uncle a Hammers fans, proudly wore his football shirt at the old Cold Blow Lane with not a murmur. And a similar claret and blue Villa football shirt always attracted a warm welcome at Molineux.. And I am sure I am not the only one who can recall that suffolk chap in his Ipswich colours sat in the Barclay. All now sadly gone ☹️

2 hours ago, daly said:

Aww, grow up!

1 hour ago, PockthorpePete said:

Yes. Can you see this type of behaviour anywhere else in Europe. This is only a recent phenomenon. Many is the time my uncle a Hammers fans, proudly wore his football shirt at the old Cold Blow Lane with not a murmur. And a similar claret and blue Villa football shirt always attracted a warm welcome at Molineux.. And I am sure I am not the only one who can recall that suffolk chap in his Ipswich colours sat in the Barclay. All now sadly gone ☹️

Gone as a result of that behaviour or for other reasons??

On 23/02/2023 at 10:37, shefcanary said:

The away stand at Millwall does hold over 4,000 in total, but that is over two tiers. The upper level holds 2,800, which is what Norwich have taken, the lower the other 1,200. The reduced allocation taken by WBA is due to them not taking all the blocks of seats in the upper tier. 

That’s not quite right -  I do recall going in the past and only having the upper tier, but this time we were selling lower tier tickets as well (I think before the upper tier went on sale).  Presumably they give you different allocations but if you take them the onus is then on you to sell them all; 3000 sell out (for what we’ve taken) isn’t bad at all.

Edited by Branston Pickle

I worked at Surrey quays underground station for 4 years and most weeks both sets of fans mingled quite happily with no problems.

If you want to start acting like a wally then you'll find yourself in trouble otherwise it's quite a friendly place.

On 22/02/2023 at 21:26, TIL 1010 said:

I wonder what @essex canary would have to say if Norwich did that ?

Would you prefer to use a restaurant that applies a Service Charge or one that leaves it to your discretion?

A 'Service Charge' is what it says. In other words not a charge for DIY.

Hope that helps.

1 hour ago, essex canary said:

Would you prefer to use a restaurant that applies a Service Charge or one that leaves it to your discretion?

A 'Service Charge' is what it says. In other words not a charge for DIY.

Hope that helps.

Not quite sure what adding £3 for pay on the gate as opposed to buying a ticket in advance has to do with that obscure, obtuse reply of yours i am completely lost with but i suspect i am not the only one.

On 16/02/2023 at 14:07, Kirk said:

1st ever post go easy

I normally go to milwall on club cabbage but fancy a change.  How easy and safe is it to go on the train?

Many thanks

Otbc

I can't believe we've had 2 pages and no one has called you a binner yet....

Binner

• Haha 1

I live in the area and there is a definite unpleasant element - that said they usually  keep us away fans locked in for half an hour after the game until the home fans have dispersed …

On 16/02/2023 at 15:25, lake district canary said:

Sad state of affairs if you can't wear your team colours going to a match. 

Remember going there 72 season , managed just to get out alive , our coach had bottles thrown at windows on way back from ground , one window smashed , fortunately ours did not , definitely don’t wear colours outside ground . Things have changed but I doubt they are going to like 3000 descending on their ground 

I seem to remember going to the old Den around 1972, both teams riding high and getting beat 1.0.. being a little lad, was upset.

A great atmosphere and tough as hell. Walking to the ground I noticed a young group of boys picking up some scaffold poles and hiding them  in their clothes! Also remember the small band of City fans behind the goal, taking a few punches and dispersing.

However I’ve been several times to the new Den and Wembley with Millwall and they are some of the warmest, friendly people about. All 2nd 3rd generation sons and daughters of the dockers. Shame the old east end and Millwall don’t exist no more, but the spirit is still alive.

Enjoy your day out….

I miss Cold Blow Lane went there a couple of times scary at times but nostalgic old stadium.  Scary because of their reputation rather than the fans not friendly but not  violent.  New stadium not the charm of THE but ok to visit, only difficulty is getting on train after game be prepared for the crush on trains immediately after final whistle.

23 minutes ago, pete said:

I miss Cold Blow Lane went there a couple of times scary at times but nostalgic old stadium.  Scary because of their reputation rather than the fans not friendly but not  violent.  New stadium not the charm of THE but ok to visit, only difficulty is getting on train after game be prepared for the crush on trains immediately after final whistle.

There must be another Cold Blow Lane in a parallel universe Pete. It’s got to have been the UK’s scariest ground of all time.

The New Den is much better but there can’t be many grounds so segregated at FT. Tells it’s own story.

We thought being at Molineux after the 2002 Play Off SF was bad but imagine being a Birmingham fan when they scored a last minute winner in the other SF.

900-odd home fans went on the rampage torching cars and were so violent that the Met police chief said it was the worst disorder he’d ever witnessed.

20 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

There must be another Cold Blow Lane in a parallel universe Pete. It’s got to have been the UK’s scariest ground of all time.

The New Den is much better but there can’t be many grounds so segregated at FT. Tells it’s own story.

We thought being at Molineux after the 2002 Play Off SF was bad but imagine being a Birmingham fan when they scored a last minute winner in the other SF.

900-odd home fans went on the rampage torching cars and were so violent that the Met police chief said it was the worst disorder he’d ever witnessed.

I think certain clubs (with a reputation) will always  bring out the knuckle heads at Millwall. I don't think we are perceived as one of those clubs, by those knuckleheads. Supporters should be safe travelling on the train and cabbage, both in the numbers and the heavy police presence. If you are travelling by car and parking nearby then probably best not to have any visible colours, as there will always be the odd 'idiot'. Have fun, though it might seem like having to walk after your car has broken down in the safari park.