4 minutes ago, AJ said:

Really pleased for him, hopefully he can put some pressure on Argos now

Onel has really stepped up since Wagner came in and now Tzolis is off the mark you want him to get game time too.  Argh!

I do wonder how we'd feel about Onel if he came in as a new player this January window and was putting these same performances in.  Would probably have the view that he's raw, energetic and will improve with game-time.  So feeling full of anticipation and excitement for what he brings.

Yet being part of the already established furniture i'm not feeling that way, it's a bit sad really.  I know how loved Onel is, but it doesn't hurt to view him with fresh eyes as he's really brought the energy into the starting 11.

On 15/02/2023 at 20:44, PockthorpePete said:

It looks like Wagener believes he can work his magic on him. There have been no additions to those on the pitch yet we are playing a much better game - individually and as a team. Cannot be a coincidence.. Must be Wagner.  Maybe if was Smiffy and Lardy (Smith/Shakespeare) who did for him previously, and he will come good. Here's hoping.

Cometh the hour......

Trouble is we keep repeating if, maybe, hopefully with virtually all our signings for the last two seasons.

The only signing who worked out was Williams. And he was a loan. The rest are having to wait on the jury.

Onel can only dream of that quality finish from Tzolis. I mean, that was outrageous to beat a monster like Ruddy from that angle. 

He got his head up which is something Hernandez never does.

On 17/02/2023 at 19:52, Mason 47 said:

I'm predicting Wagner will work on bringing him (and Nunez for that matter) back into a state of relative confidence gently. A goal soon would do either the world of good.

Self-bump?

The Tzolis 45-goal season is back on lads, someone find Tzol Machine!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Onel can only dream of that quality finish from Tzolis. I mean, that was outrageous to beat a monster like Ruddy from that angle. 

He got his head up which is something Hernandez never does.

Never looked like a goal when the ball reached him. I suggest that is just the beginning and we will see why the club bought him, much as with Saras v Hull, and Nunez today.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mason 47 said:

Self-bump?

The Tzolis 45-goal season is back on lads, someone find Tzol Machine!

Confidence has nothing to do with it. What is missing is motivation. Talk to any sports physcologist.

43 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Delighted for him (doesn't yet change my personal view on him as a player). Confidence can play a huge part.

But if Sara, Tzolis and Nunez all turn out to be superstars your desperate desire to sack Webber is going to look (even more) stupid.

Yeah, almost. I bet If Nunez gets a brace on Saturday you'll tell me that means Gilmour was a good signing!

On 19/02/2023 at 08:28, kenfoggo said:

However, if we see Tzolis again playing for Norwich it will be more of the same ineffectual amateur play.

If you know of any other "ineffectual amateurs" out there do give Webber a call.

8 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

Yeah, almost. I bet If Nunez gets a brace on Saturday you'll tell me that means Gilmour was a good signing!

I think if all the players mentioned somehow do turn into good players for us (unlikely imo) then trying to sack Webber on the basis of a young loan signing not working out would look uhh....

It amazes me that Tzolis gets so much stick yet Dowell who’s very much the same but scored a few doesn’t get anywhere near as much stick! Is it the price  tag? 
As Idah he’s got the game in him and with game time they’re going to get better, if not then they’ll be moved on, but as Nunez they’re all got the game we just need to get the best out of them every game, that’s down to a good coach and coaching team.

i think Tzolis might be good up top just off sarge 

tzolis has not got the work rate at pressing or the height of sarge /idah

but maybe he has that extra quality at finishing ?

we all know Sarge and Idah have got bundles of energy but lack a real finishing quality 

Idah's positioning is generally so poor and his lack of awareness for some many offsides is pretty poor too. He needs to watch and learn from Pukki with his positioning and running the channels. He is starting to show some good all round play with some nice touches but needs to add more awareness / sharper finishing to his game. There's no time like the present whilst we have 2 strikers injured.

Wagner's coaching is slowly starting to pay dividends with the likes of Sara, Nunez, Idah and Tzolis, underpinned by evergreen Kenny. The progress is there, possibly it's not as consistent as we like but it's starting from a very low base.

This looks like a team for next season in my view. Patience and encouragement required to support these players.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, hogesar said:

Delighted for him (doesn't yet change my personal view on him as a player). Confidence can play a huge part.

But if Sara, Tzolis and Nunez all turn out to be superstars your desperate desire to sack Webber is going to look (even more) stupid.

A bit of whataboutery here, I think, Hogesar.

But if the three players you mention turn out to be very good, I'll happily readjust my view of Webber from someone who lucked out at the beginning to someone who had very bad luck in one specific season.

And let me do my own bit of whataboutery. What about if we had sacked Smith at the end of last season and got in a capable manager instead?

8 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Wagner's coaching is slowly starting to pay dividends with the likes of Sara, Nunez, Idah and Tzolis, underpinned by evergreen Kenny. The progress is there, possibly it's not as consistent as we like but it's starting from a very low base.

This looks like a team for next season in my view. Patience and encouragement required to support these players.

So are you saying Webbers signings are good after all and it was just the coach ?

2 minutes ago, Well b back said:

So are you saying Webbers signings are good after all and it was just the coach ?

I'm saying there is undoubted potential there. For some reason Smith didn't give those players, and the rest of the squad, an environment to shine.

We'll see how ot pans out with Wagner. Still early days but some of our football at times is devine. At others it isn't though.

47 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

A bit of whataboutery here, I think, Hogesar.

But if the three players you mention turn out to be very good, I'll happily readjust my view of Webber from someone who lucked out at the beginning to someone who had very bad luck in one specific season.

And let me do my own bit of whataboutery. What about if we had sacked Smith at the end of last season and got in a capable manager instead?

For further whataboutery, if Wagner takes us to play-offs and then the prem, that'll be 2 fantastic managerial appointments out of 3. Better than the majority of Sporting DIrectors records in the top 2 tiers of English football...

If Idah had scored a couple, the drummer had turned up and the PA had worked what would we have had to talk about?

I notice a lot of the empty seats from Tuesday were occupied today which didn't seem to help the atmosphere.

Kenny had another good game.

Sara was MOTM. 

Third home win on the bounce.

A welcome clean sheet.

And no Keith Scott.

All the best...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

If Idah had scored a couple, the drummer had turned up and the PA had worked what would we have had to talk about?

I notice a lot of the empty seats from Tuesday were occupied today which didn't seem to help the atmosphere.

Sara was MOTM. 

A welcome clean sheet.

And no Keith Scott.

All the best...

Yep, much fuller around me in the lower barclay but much,  much quieter without the drum 🥁 

We got a few songs going but nothing like Tuesday.

6 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Sara was MOTM. 

A welcome clean sheet.

And no Keith Scott.

All the best...

Do wonder where he's gone.. Does seem to vanish the second we start doing well. Maybe his team's decent result and win against MK Don's has kept him busy elsehwere?

4 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Do wonder where he's gone.. Does seem to vanish the second we start doing well. Maybe his team's decent result and win against MK Don's has kept him busy elsehwere?

He’s a kn0b. Don’t question the absence. Accept it! 

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

Yep, much fuller around me in the lower barclay but much,  much quieter without the drum 🥁 

We got a few songs going but nothing like Tuesday.

Strange that evening games seem to have more empty seats than Sat 3pm. Is it because of the red button? Or all do all the old duffers have to be in bed by 9:30? Us younger fans love an evening game.

(When I posted I thought this was the Idah thread. Don't tell anyone...)🙃

Tzolis looked really keen today, one super piece of skill to keep the ball in when I thought he had no chance and generally a good contribution in the time he had. After the end a young lad came down to the front with a Greek flag and Tsolis gave him his shirt.