Sign in to follow this  
Greavsy

Man City charged by Premier League with numerous breaches

4 hours ago, Robert N. LiM said:

If they get forcibly relegated that's going to make our 23-24 title charge all the more difficult

Yes indeed Bob. Just imagine the unfairness as they swoop on our remaining best players Tzolis, Placheta and Michael McGovern, weakening our chances of a late run to the play offs yet further….

Parma 

• Haha 4

Imo this is just a load of crap -  Man City have the funding to throw the best legal bods at it and it will take ages to come to any sort of conclusion….which will end up being nothing much at all. 

Wonder what would happen if other clubs refused to play against them on the basis that they've carved out an unfair advantage over the years.  Appreciate that will never happen as other clubs are far from being saints themselves, but it would put the FA/prem league in a tricky spot.

56 minutes ago, Trevor Hockey's Beard said:

...who have been instructed by Man City's Solicitors "Emerson, Lake and Palmer."

Whatever merit the claim that Mr H Redknap was never been a manager at Maine Road, I think they will have to come uo with a bit more than that. Juventus were hit, and relegated then were hit again a few weeks back with a 15 point fine. Rangers also relegated, so there is hope. Can trophies be taken off them ?

11 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Good. Dock them points or even relegate them. Until we get these clubs to stop abusing football and all its aspects then they will only get worse.

Relegate them? Can you imagine next season in the Champs? Carnage.

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Call me Mr Positive but I think we’re safe. 

Not much danger of that TBF 😉 <- this should be a winky emoji

34 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Pep has been a bit odd this season, people think he was aware of this few months back?

Up till then he thought everyone else was just jealous?

Edited by Nuff Said

18 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Not included in the enquiry is the fact that Haaland's agent was paid £35m for the transfer to Manchester City. The agent lives in Monaco so that money is free of tax. I wonder if Haaland has a Monaco bank account. Or maybe does his dog have a Monaco bank account? 🤔

Just heard that one of the charges is that employees have been paid in peculiar ways. When Mancini was manager he was paid £2m in the UK with another £1.75m for managing a club in the Middle East. Those additional duties took one week a year. 

Those with an accounting background on this forum will recognise that arrangement by the technical term 'taking the ****ing pi55' 

I would imagine that HMRC will be interested in view of potential failure to operate PAYE. In fact they have probably already had a sweepstake to decide who has the door off the hinges. 

Edited by dylanisabaddog

21 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Apparently been hit with over one hundred separate breeches and charges. Crazy.

Must it would be funny to see them fold think we all know how corrupt the FA is and they will no doubt rally to save their beloved oil club so all Man City will get is a slap on the wrist

This is out of the FA's jurisdiction. It's easy to forget that the Premier League was basically a breakaway from the FA that the FA caved to. If they'd taken a hard line approach like banning English players in the Premier League from playing for England then things might have been different now.

2 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

If there is a case in which a top club is going to be severely punished then this is it.

A watershed moment if ever there was one.

20 hours ago, Google Bot said:

I hate to think that under the table is even possible, yet it probably is, sadly.  When you read of agents earning £35m from transfers you have to wonder who else is receiving 'gifts' from that pool.

I read that too. Incredible and ridiculous payments for 'negotiations'. To me, it all makes for a strong case that the PL is quite irrelevant as a 'sporting' or a competitive league. There is no competition, save for some bottom feeders and who goes down. It is a league purely about money. Perhaps a once in a lifetime upset.

How pointless and to be a supporter of any of those teams (top six), you're just supporting something quite gross in terms of excess wealth. No doubt there are trickle down local community schemes that benefit - but these are biscuit crumbs. Manchester City's success seems paid for. You cannot help feel like that. And Newcastle maybe about to join them.

Having a permanent advantage ought not be lauded the way it is. As is the opaque nature of wealth. But I guess that's how society operates and always has done so why would football be any different? It is a reflection of the world.

It might make me feel better about our own team and whilst a promotion is exciting, also it comes with a feeling that it is a bit irrelevant. Maybe boring. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, sonyc said:

I read that too. Incredible and ridiculous payments for 'negotiations'. To me, it all makes for a strong case that the PL is quite irrelevant as a 'sporting' or a competitive league. There is no competition, save for some bottom feeders and who goes down. It is a league purely about money. Perhaps a once in a lifetime upset.

How pointless and to be a supporter of any of those teams (top six), you're just supporting something quite gross in terms of excess wealth. No doubt there are trickle down local community schemes that benefit - but these are biscuit crumbs. Manchester City's success seems paid for. You cannot help feel like that. And Newcastle maybe about to join them.

Having a permanent advantage ought not be lauded the way it is. As is the opaque nature of wealth. But I guess that's how society operates and always has done so why would football be any different? It is a reflection of the world.

It might make me feel better about our own team and whilst a promotion is exciting, also it comes with a feeling that it is a bit irrelevant. Maybe boring. 

Two or more years back I borrowed the title of a book Trump's niece Mary, who is a psychologist, wrote about the Great Orange Liar, and used it to describe the ludicrous finances of the Premier League - "Too Much and Never Enough".

Since then there has been Nottingham Forest signing 30 players in one season to try to stay up, and last month Chelsea spending £200m. The money is always too much but still never enough.

Edited by PurpleCanary
  • Like 1

I know I said whoever has the longer arms will determine things in this case, but given yet another cabinet reshuffle today and yet another DCMS minister (meaning another delay to the white paper responding to the The Crouch Report no doubt), it might be whoever has the longest attention span. The EPL may think they have a strong case, but one call from the head of state at UAE to Mr Sunak and this will drift and drift as it becomes more closely reviewed by the government. Why should it, I hear you ask; well why wouldn't you have a look at something so vitally important to the country, quoth a minister. 

What gets me is how everyone was universally up in arms with the ESL because it went against the very foundations of sport being a competition.

Yet we don't see anything for something like this, and it's essentially the same thing. 

100 Breaches.. I mean, that's ****ing insane... People should be pressuring their clubs to forfeit playing any fixtures vs Citeh so that the FA/Prem League have to address this.

Sadly the majority of them lap up this ridiculous sugar daddy spending culture.

22 hours ago, Herman said:

In my day, a strongly-worded letter would have dealt with this grave matter. How the wheel of life turns.

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, paddycanary said:

In my day, a strongly-worded letter would have dealt with this grave matter. How the wheel of life turns.

Was it green ink if you were really serious? 

Sportswashing.... Now surely they will just be associated with cheating and dishonesty

10 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

This is out of the FA's jurisdiction. It's easy to forget that the Premier League was basically a breakaway from the FA that the FA caved to. If they'd taken a hard line approach like banning English players in the Premier League from playing for England then heh ?things might have been different now.

eh ? It was the FA that broke away from the Football League, so why on earth would the FA want (never mind being able) to ban players from anything thing ? Nevermind something they had set up !

24 minutes ago, PockthorpePete said:

eh ? It was the FA that broke away from the Football League, so why on earth would the FA want (never mind being able) to ban players from anything thing ? Nevermind something they had set up !

They endorsed it, but the FA didn't initiate the breakaway of the clubs that founded the PL to my knowledge. The FA is distinct to the EFL and the Premier League, as I understand it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foundation_of_the_Premier_League

Either way, the article specifically says it's a Premier League investigation, not the FA, which was my main point.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

5 hours ago, Herman said:

Was it green ink if you were really serious? 

Ah now, we need to take a breath and count to ten before we pull out the big guns. A misdeed of Stalinesque proportions would be necessary before we invoke 'Old Green.'

• Haha 1

Just now, TheDarkKnight said:

They should be relegated to the National League and docked x amounts of points in their first season.

Just got an image of a man, his wife and a Donkey stood in the away end of The Etihad swinging a wooden rattle round their heads! 🙂

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, PockthorpePete said:

The FA was formed in 1863. The Football League was formed as a breakaway organisation 25 years later