Sign in to follow this  
Greavsy

Man City charged by Premier League with numerous breaches

23 hours ago, shefcanary said:

I know I said whoever has the longer arms will determine things in this case, but given yet another cabinet reshuffle today and yet another DCMS minister (meaning another delay to the white paper responding to the The Crouch Report no doubt), it might be whoever has the longest attention span. The EPL may think they have a strong case, but one call from the head of state at UAE to Mr Sunak and this will drift and drift as it becomes more closely reviewed by the government. Why should it, I hear you ask; well why wouldn't you have a look at something so vitally important to the country, quoth a minister. 

The typical political response is to kick everything into the long grass so the football authorities will doubtless do likewise.

Perhaps the only hope, which may be a thin one, is that the Government, being incapable of doing anything serious about its levelling up Agenda, will tackle football in order to create some kind of illusion that it has.

2 hours ago, essex canary said:

Perhaps the only hope, which may be a thin one, is that the Government, being incapable of doing anything serious about its levelling up Agenda, will tackle football in order to create some kind of illusion that it has.

We were being told that the govt had announcement in regards to this new white paper reform, but that got delayed and now this Man City story just strolled right into it's place.

I find the timing very suspicious, because one undermines the other.

I'll be honest, it's all a joke.

Bournemouth broke the FFP rules to get promoted the first time. They were hit with a fine, they complained, the fine was reduced. To something silly like £3m.

I will be more astonished if they actually get hit with any sort of meaningful non token-gesture sanction. Not shocked at all at any breaches. They sponsored themselves £400m from the get go, meaning new rules had to be introduced to stop that.