Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Season ticket prices 65+

As my late Father once said to me...."If you can't afford it, you're not meant to have it"....

Edited by Mello Yello

Age is one of the protected characteristics under the Equality Act 2010. Any barrack room lawyers prepared to take the club to court for charging them more for their season ticket because they’re under 65?

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

It's time for me to have my annual rant about discounts for the over 65's.

We have a huge problem with space in the ground and there is little or no room for youngsters. Despite that, the club continues to give discounts to old people. I'm told that's because they are poor (not true in many cases) and last time I raised this at a shareholders meeting I was told it was to reward loyalty. By the way, there are lots of people under 65 who can't afford football. 

That's nonsense. 3 years ago I told my neighbour that the seat next to mine was available. He bought it and paid £170 less than me. He had never been to Carrow Road in his life and had previously been a Chelsea season ticket holder before retiring here. And by the way, he's got more money than he knows what to do with. 

Loyalty my ****

Yes let’s repeat all the arguments we had last year and the year before. Or perhaps you could just look at the previous thread. The idea that most OAP’s are rolling in it is frankly ridiculous. Also I don’t recall cheap under 21 tickets when many of us were that age. You either have one price for everybody including children ( remember when Hull tried that!) or a range of discounts which is what happens throughout the leisure industry. Why for example should people who choose to have children have the seats cross subsidised by those who don’t?

• Like 2

Jacking my 3 tickets in this year. Kids are at the age where they are now starting to work weekends and it will go some way to meet the extra costs of everything else that has gone up in price. I know how hard up my parents were when I was young, but they have very much forgotten the struggle now they are in their 60s- 70s.

I think today's generation of pensioners have had a relatively decent ride, born post-war, reasonable house prices, reasonable pension arrangements, free university tuition, were at career peak earnings before the 2008 crash and retired before COVID. There's a lot of wealth in that generation and I'm not sure that the discount is justified but that is my unevidenced opinion. There clearly will be those who are less wealthy in any demographic. 

If the club chucked me a discount because I was taking two kids to games (who are likely to be dependents) it would seem to make more sense. But there you go. Everyone will have their own biases.

1 hour ago, Robert N. LiM said:

that's a very good idea. I like the idea of not capping it, too. They'd be paying @ricardoto go, which I for one would be completely in favour of.

I hope its back dated as well.👍

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Yes let’s repeat all the arguments we had last year and the year before. Or perhaps you could just look at the previous thread. The idea that most OAP’s are rolling in it is frankly ridiculous. Also I don’t recall cheap under 21 tickets when many of us were that age. You either have one price for everybody including children ( remember when Hull tried that!) or a range of discounts which is what happens throughout the leisure industry. Why for example should people who choose to have children have the seats cross subsidised by those who don’t?

I didn't say they were rolling in it although quite a lot I know are. 

The truth is that the number of pensioners living in poverty in the UK is 1 in 5 which is the same as the wider population. 

1 minute ago, dylanisabaddog said:

You're feeling better then😂

In between the coughing fits😁

1 minute ago, ricardo said:

In between the coughing fits😁

That lasted nearly 4 weeks with me. Benelyn was the only thing that made a difference. 

2 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

That lasted nearly 4 weeks with me. Benelyn was the only thing that made a difference. 

Not woodbines then Dylan 

Edited by Greavsy

19 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Turmeric and black pepper with boiled water is great. Cheap as chips and works. 

As far as I can see we would be the only club in the EPL or EFL and National League that would not offer a substantial senior ( and junior ) discount. Here is Chelsea’s and they sell out every game.

Season Tickets for the 2022/23 season have now Sold Out

General Admission Season Tickets 2022/23

AREA

ADULT

SENIOR

JUNIOR

East Upper

£940

£440

£440

East Lower Family Centre

£595

£285

£285

West Lower

£900

£450

£450

Matthew Harding Upper

£880

£425

£425

Matthew Harding Lower

£750

£380

£380

Shed Upper

£880

£425

£425

Shed Lower

£750

£380

£380

6 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I wish I'd asked 4 weeks ago now! 

53 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

There are discounts until you get to 21 , don’t see what the problem is 

The reasons for those discounts are completely different.  A 65 year old is statistically far more likely to be able to afford their own season ticket than a 15 year old.  I'd wager they are more than likely able to afford a fully priced season ticket in comparison to anyone under the age of 30 as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Not woodbines then Dylan 

A friend of mine who is a consultant at N&N told me that smokers were far less likely to catch Covid because smoking destroys the receptors that the virus clings to. Cheered me up no end but he went on to tell me that if I did manage to catch it I "could be in a bit of bother". 

Luckily it was less serious by the time it did get me but I still felt like ****

32 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Im not looking  forward  to that, I'm only just coming out of the isolation period. I'm better than i was but still a long way short of normal. I was hoping  to be ok for the Feb 14th match.

17 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Drink, inhale or rub on your chest? 

7 minutes ago, Sooty57 said:

Drink, inhale or rub on your chest? 

Keep mixing every 30 seconds and drink it. My partner got me on it after a chest infection. Only the occasional cold theses days which doesn’t last long. Grated fresh ginger in tea is lovely on the palate and good for you too. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

2 hours ago, Greavsy said:

Erm I got an email last week telling me how long I'd had mine.........I'm sure everyone else did too.

Yes but there may have been people other than me (for whom it doesn't matter) for whom the info was wrong. @Graham Paddons Beard for one.

• Like 1

Isn't the main problem here that David McNally removed concessionary prices from certain areas of the ground and that they have never been restored plus at the young peoples end we are less generous than some other Clubs?

Another component element of being a self-funded Club. The loyal supporters pay more.

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

As well as a discount for over 65's there is a further discount when you reach 75  which is ridiculous.

Good I will qualify 

2 hours ago, Greavsy said:

If they want to reward loyalty why not give a small % discount for every year you've been a season ticket holder. Even if it kicks in after say 10 years and is capped. Age is irrelevant really. Everyone's circumstances differ.

ST holder since 1962, does that make mine free ?

15 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

ST holder since 1962, does that make mine free ?

That's why it would be capped! Like the coffin dodgers with theirs on!

15 minutes ago, Wroxham Bridge said:

As an exiled ST who turned 65 only 2 days ago, todays announcement was a pleasant surprise and it will help subsidise my £60-70 return train trip. 

You have to register in person at the club with both parents and grandparents accompanying you to get the over 65 discount.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

Im not looking  forward  to that, I'm only just coming out of the isolation period. I'm better than i was but still a long way short of normal. I was hoping  to be ok for the Feb 14th match.

Have a look at Midland's post. And I found Echinacea(?) helped. 

I thought I struggled because I am a smoker but a young lady in my street is generally healthy but is extremely unwell. But I'm sure you'll be better by 14/2. The only problem I have now is that I'm still going to bed earlier than before. 

2 hours ago, Mello Yello said:

As my late Father once said to me...."If you can't afford it, you're not meant to have it"....

This is sound advice. The problem now is telling people they can afford things is often part of the sales pitch.

I'm sure on paper I could afford more. But then events happen...