Sign in to follow this  
GodlyOtsemobor

Incoming...... ?

6 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Seems like one for the future.. Hope we cash in

download (1).jpeg

Edited by GodlyOtsemobor
  • Haha 3

Well, according to the Derby Telegraph, Cashin is currently injured.

So it sounds like a Webber signing.

• Haha 5

4 minutes ago, NorthCarolinaYellow said:

Is this a legit source??

Looks like it's come from one of the local Derby media outlets, you'd expect they might have pretty good sources within the club.

28 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Looks like it's come from one of the local Derby media outlets, you'd expect they might have pretty good sources within the club.

Link looks dodgy as hell.

He says it is via 'derbyshire live' but a look at twitter and their website shows zero mention of the story and a google of this guys name brings up zero articles written by him, just a couple of clickbait sites basing rumours on things he's tweeted. 

Seems like a fake 'ITK' type account. 

My Derby supporting friend says that he is very highly rated and that he hopes that he stays but that there has been speculation regarding incoming bids for a while.  Also says he has won more challenges than any other player in the division for what it is worth...

Sounds promising on limited info.

3 minutes ago, king canary said:

Link looks dodgy as hell.

He says it is via 'derbyshire live' but a look at twitter and their website shows zero mention of the story and a google of this guys name brings up zero articles written by him, just a couple of clickbait sites basing rumours on things he's tweeted. 

Seems like a fake 'ITK' type account. 

Yes definitely a pinch of salt, a few weeks back Derby said it would take a significant offer for him to go, 1.1 million isn’t a significant offer in my view.

27 minutes ago, NorthCarolinaYellow said:

Would be very exciting! I think Derby fans rate Cashin quite highly.

I was out with a friend on Friday who used to provide lodgings for academy players and whose daughter worked for the club. He mentioned him as one of their most promising players. 

He will be talking with Wagner to discuss personal terms?  That's interesting considering the german way would be for Webber to wrap all this up.

Clearly, Wagner knows Webber well enough to take a trip himself! 🙂

Edited by Google Bot
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Indy said:

Yes definitely a pinch of salt, a few weeks back Derby said it would take a significant offer for him to go, 1.1 million isn’t a significant offer in my view.

Unless that is the basic fee and there are potential extra millions from add-ons. What is Derby's financial position?

1 minute ago, PurpleCanary said:

Unless that is the basic fee and there are potential extra millions from add-ons. What is Derby's financial position?

Possibly, I have no idea about Derby’s finances and if they’d be happy to see one of their younger players leave for just over a million, but then again we have just loaned them Springett so who knows. Would be good to see a signing coming in at a key position.

I am told that the ' source ' has only 200 followers on his Twatter account so make of that what you will.

8 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I am told that the ' source ' has only 200 followers on his Twatter account so make of that what you will.

Didn't see that Warne had said this last week:

"If you're insinuating Cashin to Norwich or anything crazy like that because six people on Twitter said it, it's definitely not true."

"If it is true I'd be amazed the chief exec hasn't told me because even more so I spoke to the head of football at Norwich in the last few hours. In that respect there have been no bids, nobody is for sale and there is zero benefit of me selling anyone because my job, selfishly, is to run the team not a personal mortgage system."

haha, that's pretty direct. 🙂

That said, it seems as though we can't get the CB from Cortiba based on reports today... So perhaps something has changed?

Edited by Google Bot

My colleague is a Derby fan, thinks he's great and doesn't want to lose him. Says he's not sure how he'd get on in the championship. Probably a longer term prospect than instant impact

3 hours ago, Barham Blitz said:

My Derby supporting friend says that he is very highly rated and that he hopes that he stays but that there has been speculation regarding incoming bids for a while.  Also says he has won more challenges than any other player in the division for what it is worth...

Sounds promising on limited info.

i would of thought they would want a lot more than 1.1 million if rated that highly 

NCFCboss David Wagner ?  I thought the job of negotiating contracts was that of Webber. Wagner is the coach and would not be travelling to discuss terms. I suspect this is no more than some spotty teenager, with no knowledge of City, or what our set up is.

2 hours ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Not in the squad tonight. Don’t know if injured or not

He's apparently injured, was missing at the weekend too just a day after the rumours started circling about us being interested so... 👀

Never seen him play so had a look on the Derby forum to get an idea as to what type of player he is. Good quality, good at passing out from the back but slow and only 6ft....sounds like the archetypal Norwich defender then. I wouldn't be against him for those reasons, he might be a great reader of the game so his pace doesn't matter and he might have a hell of a jump. But we already have a young ROI defender who is one year younger, has been called up for the senior team and has played well at a higher level and if reports are to be believed before the Cantwell and Hugill sales (potentially) all parachute money is already accounted for and another young CB would be very low on my list of areas we need to strengthen. Might just be paper talk but according to The Pink Un we tried to sign another young CB from Brazil at the start of Jan before he was denied a work permit so it might be an area we're looking at and I'm not sure why. If we'd just been promoted and had 30m to spend then sure, why not. But right now I'm not sure it's the best use of rescources. 

12 hours ago, norfolkngood said:

i would of thought they would want a lot more than 1.1 million if rated that highly 

No idea.  I can't vouch for the truth or otherwise of the information - it was just one Derby fan's opinion and I am merely the messenger ...😉

• Like 1

12 hours ago, norfolkngood said:

Should imagine it would be loaded with clauses, with £1.1m being the initial fee.

25 percent of profit, £1m if promoted, £1m for an England cap, £250k if he chips a keeper from the halfway line, etc.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, hogesar said:

Load of rubbish 

It probably is, but I will be surprised if we don't make at least one signing (permanent or loan) this window. Especially if we have effectively written off Hayden for the season and/or think we need a replacement for Hugill.

• Like 1