Sign in to follow this  
Harry53

Sky Interview Webber

7 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

This forum doesn't like shortened YouTube URLs for some reason. So I've embedded it for you.

Thanks

Definitely put on timber. I can't believe any director of any business would publicly admit they still believed in a manager but got rid because of some shouting. Whilst it was 100% the right decision if you're actually admit you were bullied into it that's quite weak leadership. 

1 minute ago, Ken Hairy said:

Definitely put on timber. I can't believe any director of any business would publicly admit they still believed in a manager but got rid because of some shouting. Whilst it was 100% the right decision if you're actually admit you were bullied into it that's quite weak leadership. 

Not totally fair. He said the fact the atmosphere was so toxic it became difficult for the players to perform was a factor. That's slightly different and let's be honest he was right.

• Like 14

I thought it was a reasonably good interview 

He accepted he had underestimated the fans' desire to connect with the manager and to play a certain way and accepted the club need to change that with the next appointment 

Also saying 2 of the shortlist aren't even in the betting markets is good from my point of view. Shows they're looking far and wide

• Like 9

Just now, hogesar said:

Not totally fair. He said the fact the atmosphere was so toxic it became difficult for the players to perform was a factor. That's slightly different and let's be honest he was right.

He admitted he still believed in Smith, well have the courage of your convictions and be proven right or die trying. Like I said, it's an admission of weakness.

I also don't get the whole "we're unique" ****, we're no different to all football fans in wanting to see good football. Utter hyperbolic nonsense. 

• Like 1

Just now, Ken Hairy said:

He admitted he still believed in Smith, well have the courage of your convictions and be proven right or die trying. Like I said, it's an admission of weakness.

Just proves he is full of sht….what happened to his mantra of “ignoring the noise”

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hogesar said:

It went "toxic" for a small part of the Boro game, and even then it only got bad at 2-0 down, and then when went 1-0 down in the Luton.

If he genuinely thinks it influenced the result then he's a bigger moron than I think he is. And right now I think he's somewhere between Joey Essex and Katie Price in the Brain of Britain league table.

Edited by canarydan23
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Chichcan said:

He accepted he had underestimated the fans' desire to connect with the manager and to play a certain way and accepted the club need to change that with the next appointment 

Also saying 2 of the shortlist aren't even in the betting markets is good from my point of view. Shows they're looking far and wide

Easy to say that - guarantee the job goes to someone who is! 

10 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

He looks constipated. And a bit chubby for someone who's in training, maybe, just maybe, he's full of shoite. 

Fair point to be honest, I'm a bit tubby myself but would expect to be shedding the pounds if training to climb Everest.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Look pretty daft if he gives it to Wagner now.

2 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Also, if its in reality a shortlist of 1 (Wagner basically) it's not wise to let that 1 person know this, else they'll just stick a year and £5k a week on top of what they were going to ask for!

5 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

I'm not really sure what you're arguing. Are you saying he should have kept Smith on?

I'm glad he's admitted it didn't work and the club needs a reset and a change of direction.  It seems sensible to me 

Has he been on steroids?  

Huge decision for Webber. Not really sure Wagner is the man. Christ we need some leadership.

I'm even thinking Dyche now just to steady the ship so we don't go down!

6 minutes ago, Chichcan said:

Yeah? I thought he described a heap of problems, all of which he‘s responsible for.  Not to mention the apauling recruitment, which he didn’t mention, but fundamentally is why we are where we are.  

Only at Delia’s Norwich could the very person responsible for the issues we’re facing, be ok Sky Sports commenting on the various people he’s sacked in order to divert attention from his own short comings. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Says more about the players. Seriously struggling to think of a bunch of poorer footballers in my fifty five years of support.

3 minutes ago, mannings bandy legs said:

Says more about the players. Seriously struggling to think of a bunch of poorer footballers in my fifty five years of support.

Missed our relegation side to league one then? 

I mean, yeah this lot aren't world beaters by any stretch but for the love of Christ Alan Gow and David Mooney aren't getting into this side.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Has he been on steroids?  

Huge decision for Webber. Not really sure Wagner is the man. Christ we need some leadership.

I'm even thinking Dyche now just to steady the ship so we don't go down!

I wondered that too. People take steroids when they're unwell too. Unless he has had a heavy Xmas or he drinks a lot. Perhaps a pressure thing too...folk tend to over eat.

Away from the look of him, I felt he showed honesty about the need to connect better with the fan base. Yet, that was something, weirdly, he had not realised. An odd statement therefore because surely that is self evident to a Sporting Director? And especially one that's been here a long time. It hints at a disconnection in himself if anything.

He stated we were "unique" and we had to have that connection. I don't buy that. Every fan base is unique isn't it?

It was good at least to hear from him because he has been very quiet. I sense he is really feeling the pressure looking at that video. He really ought not to be talking about the fans in the way he does. After all the fans provide the very income for his job and the club. Fans have every entitlement to think and show their feelings. Every right.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, hogesar said:

You are missing the point - he’s the enemy now, whatever he says will be wrong. Until if/when things improve. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Missed our relegation side to league one then? 

I mean, yeah this lot aren't world beaters by any stretch but for the love of Christ Alan Gow and David Mooney aren't getting into this side.

They were two of the better ones as well 🫣

8 minutes ago, mannings bandy legs said:

I guess you must have been on laudanum during periods from 1996-2000 and 2006-2008 then? 😉

The squads we had then were a million miles worse than this group. There's plenty of talent in this squad, but boy do we need a manager who can squeeze it out of them!

EDIT: looks like I've been beaten to it. Honourable mention for Raimond de Waard...

Edited by Feedthewolf
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Chichcan said:

I'm not really sure what you're arguing. Are you saying he should have kept Smith on?

I'm glad he's admitted it didn't work and the club needs a reset and a change of direction.  It seems sensible to me 

No, I'm saying if he genuinely still believed in Smith, which is what he said, then the brave choice is sticking to your guns.

The fact that he still believed in Smith is quite worrying in itself though to be honest.

14 minutes ago, mannings bandy legs said:

The ones we went down to league one with were pretty poor 

10 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

You are missing the point - he’s the enemy now, whatever he says will be wrong. Until if/when things improve. 

I do think there is such a thing as over dramatising everything. We have just lost a game and it is often a case for some to go overboard.

The culture though is that folk feel uneasy. And worried. That's my take (for what it is worth). It all has a feel of a slow - BUT - a definite decline. A decline over a year.

People will always look to the person(s) in charge. Though I realise it can easily gain momentum. Not always a good thing because some people love to attack the club.

I think criticism is actually due though at this point Branston. Let's just hope the new coach can galvanise the whole club again like Daniel F did. I'm worried he won't but can't ever stop myself hoping!

Edited by sonyc