Sign in to follow this  
KeiranShikari

He's Gone!

1 minute ago, AJ said:

Should never have been employed here in the first place. Sacking Farke for Smith was the worst thing Webber has done in his time here, and it's coming from a worryingly growing list 

Sacking Farke was pre-meditated and the decision was taken prior to the Brentford game, but appointing Smith was a knee-jerk response, probably because the favoured candidate, Eddie Howe, was offered the Newcastle job.

He had to go, of course. I'm sure he'll do well elsewhere, although he's going to have build up his reputation again.

Just now, Naturalcynic said:

Sacking Farke was pre-meditated and the decision was taken prior to the Brentford game, but appointing Smith was a knee-jerk response, probably because the favoured candidate, Eddie Howe, was offered the Newcastle job.

I had no issues with the sacking of Farke in itself, but you needed someone lined up to take us forward after sacking who was generally a fan favourite manager. Instead I assume they all turned down a suicide job after looking at our poorly balanced squad and we ended up with Smith. May as well have just kept Farke 

7 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Spoiler- Given our finances there is no doubt in my mind we will be going for the cheap and easy option.

There was also no doubt in your mind we couldn't afford to sack Dean Smith,  you know given our finances 😜

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

Hopefully this will give Attanasio the nudge to do a full takeover and get his own people in, and quickly.

You’d think Micky and Delia would know it’s time to take a bow too, fingers crossed firmly. 

3 minutes ago, Olano said:

What's the point?

Webber is the man that is signing the new manager......

Yeah, and he signed Farke.

Just now, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Hats off to those at luton last night....message sent loud and clear and job done

It's more likely the 2-1 loss on Sky TV to 10 men Luton that done it 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

You’d think Micky and Delia would know it’s time to take a bow too, fingers crossed firmly. 

It's been dragging on way too long and is now impacting on what we see on the pitch.

To be fair, it was always going to be a tough ask.

DF was virtually worshipped by many of us and was similar to Klopp at Liverpool. And I think it was the Board panicking that got him the sack rather than supporters wanting him out.

Deano was always going to have win us over with results. And it never happened. And he reacted badly to criticism.

Fair play that this decision has been taken and action too. There is still a chance to save the season. A chance the club HAD to take given the parachute payments situation.

Fair play also to the 1053 fans last night who supported the team and for a very clever song about the fans being at fault. It was half subtle but also damning for the management. No way back for him with a sing like that. Proper satire. I was impressed. As were the whole of our family listening to it on the TV last night.

Onwards.

Edited by sonyc

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

It's been dragging on way too long and is now impacting on what we see on the pitch.

They just can’t let go can they, like a lingering fart after a heavy Christmas dinner. 

7 minutes ago, hogesar said:

He had to go, of course. I'm sure he'll do well elsewhere, although he's going to have build up his reputation again.

I'm not convinced he'll do well anywhere. He had two good seasons with Villa amongst a whole lot of mediocrity and has been utterly pants with us. 

• Like 1

Just now, Petriix said:

I'm not convinced he'll do well anywhere. He had two good seasons with Villa amongst a whole lot of mediocrity and has been utterly pants with us. 

Brentford fans felt he done well, as did Walsall fans. I guess they're better judges of it than us, but all speak highly of him. 

3 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Yeah, and he signed Farke.

Yes in the age he talked to the local media.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Hopefully this will give Attanasio the nudge to do a full takeover and get his own people in, and quickly.

Attanasio will be making decisions like that based on long-term strategic reasoning rather than short-term considerations.I would be very surprised if this changes much as far as he is concerned.

To add, some posters will not like this, but this decision being taken straight after last night suggests Webber is staying, and will be recommending Smith’s successor.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Petriix said:

He needs a break. Maybe we were it. He had managed his childhood club. He didn’t want to be here really and it showed- he never clicked with the fans, always spoke of “them” not “us- as someone else said both he and the club were like a rebound fling which neither side is really into to. Now we need a real Norwich type manager- I am hoping for Knutsen 

19 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

WBA have the same owners, sacked Bruce and are now on a sixmatch winning run.

We have long-term issues that only changes when we have sensible investment and new ideas and energy in the club.

3 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

To be fair, it was always going to be a tough ask.

I think people are massively underestimating the quality we have. Last season was always a write off but any half decent manager would have this group playing far more consistently by now. People are being far too generous to Smith. He's taken us backwards, destroying all the hard work done before he arrived, leaving us devoid of confidence and even a semblance of a cohesive playing style. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Nothing personal as he might be a lovely bloke but he was ruining our football club so glad he has gone.

Just hope they don't go for the cheap, easy option.

If you believe our club is being ruined, Smith was a symptom not the cause. Getting rid helps alleviate but won’t be the cure.

• Like 1