Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Mick Dennis has spoken

2 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Mick Dennis says everyone including him is entitled to an opinion. Correct. Why doesn't he post it on here or phone Canary Call like the rest of us? 

He's entitled to his opinions.

Only I can remember his vehemently pro-Roeder articles when we all wanted him out in late 2008 so I don't have to respect them, or even read them.

In fact, do the opposite to what Mick Dennis advocates would be a decent strategy.

Oh look, here it is...

https://norwichcity.myfootballwriter.com/2009/01/06/for-me-replacing-glenn-now-with-any-tom-****-or-paul-would-be-insane/

6th January 2009, 8 days before we sacked Roeder.

"I know, from talking to men like Arsene Wenger, that clubs want to help Roeder and trust him with their charges. So it would be insane to get rid of him and go through the process of trying to find another Tom, **** or Paul just as the transfer window is open. In fact, it would be insane to get rid of Roeder, full stop" 

And...

"I am relieved we didn't get Ince or Jewell. I think we've got a jewel."

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

1 hour ago, essex canary said:

Mick Dennis says everyone including him is entitled to an opinion. Correct. Why doesn't he post it on here or phone Canary Call like the rest of us? 

He does occasionally post on here and rings Canary Call occasionally too.

• Sad 1

It’s not the playing out from the back that’s the problem. It’s the lack of tactical know how on how to transition from that to the midfield and then in to attacking positions. Couple that with terrible defending at the moment and it makes for dreadful quality of football mick.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

It’s not the playing out from the back that’s the problem. It’s the lack of tactical know how on how to transition from that to the midfield and then in to attacking positions. Couple that with terrible defending at the moment and it makes for dreadful quality of football mick.

Exactly

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

He's entitled to his opinions.

Only I can remember his vehemently pro-Roeder articles when we all wanted him out in late 2008 so I don't have to respect them, or even read them.

In fact, do the opposite to what Mick Dennis advocates would be a decent strategy.

Oh look, here it is...

https://norwichcity.myfootballwriter.com/2009/01/06/for-me-replacing-glenn-now-with-any-tom-****-or-paul-would-be-insane/

6th January 2009, 8 days before we sacked Roeder.

"I know, from talking to men like Arsene Wenger, that clubs want to help Roeder and trust him with their charges. So it would be insane to get rid of him and go through the process of trying to find another Tom, **** or Paul just as the transfer window is open. In fact, it would be insane to get rid of Roeder, full stop" 

And...

"I am relieved we didn't get Ince or Jewell. I think we've got a jewel."

At least he was probably right about Jewell / Ince. Although he does claim in the article he wanted Jewell, so does that make him double-wrong?

20 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

We hate him because he's playing out from the back but also because he's not Daniel Farke. 

Mick Dennis is entitled to his opinions no matter how wrong they may be. And wrong they are. His sycophantic , disingenuous , overly long missive in praise of Dean Smith and his abilities made me realise what a waste of my minutes it was reading that nonsense. Give Dean Smith more time, if he wins games then we will all come back onside. No! That will not wash. Dean Smith could win the next 12 games but he will not win me back.  Treat me with contempt by saying things like “Fortunately our next game is away” or some other dribble about a narrative that we all want him to fail , then he has lost me forever. He has made no effort to form a relationship with the Club nor the Supporters and I suspect the dressing room too. Keep him at Carrow Road and watch the Club crumble.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, KeiranShikari said:

We hate him because he's playing out from the back but also because he's not Daniel Farke. 

We aren't really playing out from the back are we?

There's a difference between playing out from the back while using your keeper as an extra man and passing the ball back to your keeper because its the easy way out. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

There's a difference between playing out from the back while using your keeper as an extra man and passing the ball back to your keeper because its the easy way out. 

Especially free kicks from the half way line.

3 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I think the game plan is playing out from the back but very few aspects of this game plan are connecting. 

Under Farke we played out from the back. Under Smith we're passing it around at the back.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

That wasn't the case in 2018/19. The two games at home to Leeds and Preston there was massive crowd reaction. Boos and jeers as loud as on Saturday. But when we started winning the booing stopped although there were tuts and groans until we were top of the league.

Yes Nutty those two games weren't classics but if I recall correctly the crowd weren't singing " We want Farke out " and " Daniel Farke your football is s*it ".

Once that point is reached it's usually game over.

11 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

EKFSMMHWkAA8g8L.jpg:large

Wonder if this has since been replaced with the clubs new motto of 'ignore the noise'?

Presume Webber has never been in there?

8 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

That wasn't the case in 2018/19. The two games at home to Leeds and Preston there was massive crowd reaction. Boos and jeers as loud as on Saturday. But when we started winning the booing stopped although there were tuts and groans until we were top of the league.

This type of football is frustrating for a lot of supporters. "Get it forward" is a natural reaction. Many like the ball to be away from our goal asap. 

I'm not sure if you're genuinely misremembering or exaggerating to push a point, but the reaction to those games was nothing like as visceral as Saturday, not even in the same continent never mind the same ballpark.

Firstly, we ended up beating Preston 2-0 so we left happy. There was some half-time booing by some yes, but not much. Then losing to Leeds was greeted the same way almost any home game is when we're 2-0 down at half-time and no better off a full-time. I actually remember there being booing at half time in the Vrancic game against Sheff Weds towards the end of the season when we were at the top of the table and not even losing. 

Comparing the Leeds games (you've definitely misremembered Preston) to Saturday's match is totally disingenuous. There were no Farke Out chants. There were no profane chants directed at his style of play. "Massive crowd reaction" is nothing but hyperbole.

For someone who says he loves the club Dennis is doing it now favours

i wonder if he learned his trade in the Russian press 

13 minutes ago, Bert said:

For someone who says he loves the club Dennis is doing it now favours

i wonder if he learned his trade in the Russian press 

No. He learned his lessons from Lenin. 

Windmill or no windmill, life would go on as it had always gone on - that is, badly.

1 hour ago, canarydan23 said:

I'm not sure if you're genuinely misremembering or exaggerating to push a point, but the reaction to those games was nothing like as visceral as Saturday, not even in the same continent never mind the same ballpark.

Firstly, we ended up beating Preston 2-0 so we left happy. There was some half-time booing by some yes, but not much. Then losing to Leeds was greeted the same way almost any home game is when we're 2-0 down at half-time and no better off a full-time. I actually remember there being booing at half time in the Vrancic game against Sheff Weds towards the end of the season when we were at the top of the table and not even losing. 

Comparing the Leeds games (you've definitely misremembered Preston) to Saturday's match is totally disingenuous. There were no Farke Out chants. There were no profane chants directed at his style of play. "Massive crowd reaction" is nothing but hyperbole.

The reason I mentioned those games was because the booing was during play. Not just  half-time or full-time. It's not misremembered btw.

I didn't say it was as bad as last Saturday and it was certainly not personal like last Saturday.

You also seem to misunderstand the point I was making which is that a lot of our supporters, and probably many other clubs supporters, don't like passing around at the back. 

3 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Yes Nutty those two games weren't classics but if I recall correctly the crowd weren't singing " We want Farke out " and " Daniel Farke your football is s*it ".

Once that point is reached it's usually game over.

I agree but the two points don't contradict. In both cases the frustration was from the same source.

Totally agree that it's worse and personal this time. 

It was an interesting article from Mick, TBH very similar to Chris Sutton’s piece, more supportive but along similar lines.

I guess when he mentioned the club communicating via other channels, as they felt misrepresented by the Pinkun and the Athletic who were also not reciprocating the trust shown in them, it is interesting and gives an insight into the disconnect.  

I get 95% of my NCFC information from those two media channels, the remaining 5% comes from a link which pops up on my twitter feed or someone on this forum suggesting I read a specific article.  Although I understand the point, the approach the club taking is clearly not having the desired effect.  I will give the example of Todd, is the absence on any meaningful communication from the club I am left making assumptions, I.e. he wants to leave and is avoiding playing so he is less likely to be injured (Although this maybe incorrect - it is how I see the current position).  The same is true for the style of football Dean is trying to develop, and the regular formation changes.  There might be a plan, but that hasn’t been explained, whichever media outlet they choose to use it should be done so people understand.

I agree whole heartedly about the owners, but with the club communications strategy rather than defending or attacking, it would be good to know what it is and for journalists to point out it is not connecting with the fans.

I also agree winning games solves the majority of woe’s, win 15 games in the last half of the season and all this is forgotten.

I wish Dean Smith well in his next job. For me he has already left the building and is just ambling towards his expected payout for cutting short his contract. I cannot respect a single thing he says after his words about coming back from Tampa as a new animal, about still being able to turn things around and get the Supporters onside . It is simply laughable. He has had 14 months in the job and there seems to me no signs of improvement in any aspect of play at the Club. Why continue with this farce?  “ Fortunately our next game is away” … said no true Norwich Supporter ever.

Edited by kenfoggo
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

It was an interesting article from Mick, TBH very similar to Chris Sutton’s piece, more supportive but along similar lines.

I guess when he mentioned the club communicating via other channels, as they felt misrepresented by the Pinkun and the Athletic who were also not reciprocating the trust shown in them, it is interesting and gives an insight into the disconnect.  

I get 95% of my NCFC information from those two media channels, the remaining 5% comes from a link which pops up on my twitter feed or someone on this forum suggesting I read a specific article.  Although I understand the point, the approach the club taking is clearly not having the desired effect.  I will give the example of Todd, is the absence on any meaningful communication from the club I am left making assumptions, I.e. he wants to leave and is avoiding playing so he is less likely to be injured (Although this maybe incorrect - it is how I see the current position).  The same is true for the style of football Dean is trying to develop, and the regular formation changes.  There might be a plan, but that hasn’t been explained, whichever media outlet they choose to use it should be done so people understand.

I agree whole heartedly about the owners, but with the club communications strategy rather than defending or attacking, it would be good to know what it is and for journalists to point out it is not connecting with the fans.

I also agree winning games solves the majority of woe’s, win 15 games in the last half of the season and all this is forgotten.

Sports journalists are there to serve their readers not the club. If any journalists have actually misrepresented the club (not just said things they didn’t want to) put up or shut up about it. The thin skin shown when the club has come under legitimate criticism from those two publications is pathetic and a battle the club will never win. 

I’ve noticed they are now cosying up to the TNC boys as an alternative, see how long that lasts.

• Like 1

They, MWJ and Delia Smith, will always wheel him out when things are not going well! It has to be remembered that he is their one and only journalist ‘friend’!

19 minutes ago, City 2nd said:

They, MWJ and Delia Smith, will always wheel him out when things are not going well! It has to be remembered that he is their one and only journalist ‘friend’!

When DS & MWJ want to do an interview with the press they usually go to Henry Winter.

6 hours ago, Monty13 said:

Sports journalists are there to serve their readers not the club. If any journalists have actually misrepresented the club (not just said things they didn’t want to) put up or shut up about it. The thin skin shown when the club has come under legitimate criticism from those two publications is pathetic and a battle the club will never win. 

I’ve noticed they are now cosying up to the TNC boys as an alternative, see how long that lasts.

Yes, but Jack can be bought. Paddy, Connor and Michael can't.

• Like 1