Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Mick Dennis has spoken

Predictable nonsense.

His premise is that there is no disillusionment, everything is about results and no one would have any grumbles if we were winning more.

It's ****. Plenty of people were grumbling and there were plenty of empty seats (though not at Saturday's frightening level) during our 10 game unbeaten streak or whatever it was.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Predictable nonsense.

His premise is that there is no disillusionment, everything is about results and no one would have any grumbles if we were winning more.

It's ****. Plenty of people were grumbling and there were plenty of empty seats (though not at Saturday's frightening level) during our 10 game unbeaten streak or whatever it was.

EKFSMMHWkAA8g8L.jpg:large

Wonder if this has since been replaced with the clubs new motto of 'ignore the noise'?

I can't stomach his articles anymore. The guy is completeley blinkered, and will argue black and white against any critism of the current regime.

He even results to  condescending jibes on the Facebook fan forum now for anyone who doesn't agree with him.

I had to laugh over one of his twitter tirades over the summer. My Blades supporting mate accused him of being a "n0bhead - An irritating person who is oblivious to how they are perceived.". They then entered a 20-30 tweet exchange over Dennis' assertion that it should be "kn0bhead - a term you sling at or about somebody who has done or said something that you disagree with", as n0bhead wasn't a real word! Both are valid, just that Dennis was arguing to type! 🤣

Bloody forum censorship - I've had to use a zero to make my point!!🤣

Edited by shefcanary

I always use **** rather than ****, fwiw.

edit - obv on here you can’t use either nôb or knôb….

Edited by Branston Pickle

33 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Yup, it's the fan's fault and we're playing out from the back just like we did under Farke!

What bollox.

Wasn't the point he was making that you can play out from the back and pass the ball between the defenders and the keeper when you are winning and the crowd accepts it but if you are losing they boo. 

Which is what has happened. 

Edited by A Load of Squit

29 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Wasn't the point he was making that you can play out from the back and pass the ball between the defenders and the keeper when you are winning and the crowd accepts it but if you are losing they boo. 

Which is what has happened. 

Maybe he fails to understand that when we played out from the back before, it was for a purpose. Now its because there is no other option.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Maybe he fails to understand that when we played out from the back before, it was for a purpose. Now its because there is no other option.

It's for the same purpose as before.

That wasn't the case in 2018/19. The two games at home to Leeds and Preston there was massive crowd reaction. Boos and jeers as loud as on Saturday. But when we started winning the booing stopped although there were tuts and groans until we were top of the league.

This type of football is frustrating for a lot of supporters. "Get it forward" is a natural reaction. Many like the ball to be away from our goal asap. 

He doesn't really address the main criticism that the style of play is both unattractive and largely ineffective. Our last two championship seasons we played much better football and won more games. It's not entitlement or feeling we have a divine right to win the Championship that has fans questioning why after another season of Premier League money and a squad with several £10 million plus players we're performing much worse than before, in terms of both results and performances.

There seems to be this strawman argument that if we played badly but won every week nobody would complain, but of course teams that play as poorly as we do never manage to win every week.

Without change we are going to keep sinking further down the league table.

• Like 7

So it goes something like this. Fans say things are carp and the club says no it isn’t. The fans say there’s a disconnect and the club says no there isn’t. The fans says the football is awful the club say no it isn’t. 

There’s ignoring the noise and then they’re ignoring your own fan base. If we continue down this path there will be very different grim scenes at games with protests about Smith, Webber and the owners I fear. 

But there isn't much alternative view at the moment. Unless the alternative stuff is behind a paywall. If I click a pink un article it usually wants me to pay to read it. 

Edited by nutty nigel

I read his report and he made a couple of decent points but it seems if do not agree with him then you have a closed mind... which is funny as he refuses to accept anything other than the club line.

3 minutes ago, The Bristol Nest said:

Chris Sutton has written a reasonable piece today. Basically he is saying that the fans have turned too early but once that's happened  there is no going back.

Yep. Agree with the premise.

I think getting rid of Dean Smith will be a very short term fix. It needs new ideas at the top and a total revam of the.management structure. 

• Like 1

It's a very long article by Mick Dennis and for most of it he avoids talking about the quality of football this season.

He repeatedly tells us Smith and Shakespeare are well respected in the game. He tells us what great things the club are doing at the CSF. He talks about tablecloths in the dining areas.

But he doesn't talk much about the actual football.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, A Load of Squit said:

It's for the same purpose as before.

Really? i think now its because every other team does it so we do as well. Before it was to assert authority. Now its because of the silly three in midfield.

52 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

It's a very long article by Mick Dennis and for most of it he avoids talking about the quality of football this season.

He repeatedly tells us Smith and Shakespeare are well respected in the game. He tells us what great things the club are doing at the CSF. He talks about tablecloths in the dining areas.

But he doesn't talk much about the actual football.

He should be utterly ashamed to spew out this guff. He should apply to work as a spin doctor for Kim Jong Un.

That said, he used to take dirty Murdoch money to churn out dribble for The Sun so I wouldn't ever have been surprised to see him being this disingenuous. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

2 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

He should be utterly ashamed to spew out this guff. He should apply to work as a spin doctor for Kim Jong Un.

That said, he used to take dirty Murdoch money to churn out dribble for The Sun so I wouldn't ever have been surprised to see him being this disingenuous. 

He was a sports reporter, why are you trying to make him out to be like Clarkson?

1 hour ago, The Bristol Nest said:

Chris Sutton has written a reasonable piece today. Basically he is saying that the fans have turned too early but once that's happened  there is no going back.

There's never a right time. We could have waited until the play-offs were an impossibility, could have reacted even sooner.

There's only so much dull soulless football you can take. The club also spent £ thousands on a jolly to Tampa where we were promised they would come back 'a different animal'. Unfortunately that translated to being 'even worse' than before.

13 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

He was a sports reporter, why are you trying to make him out to be like Clarkson?

Putting aside that The Suns biggest ever controversy was football related, Gary Neville was just "a sports reporter" for beIN wasn't he.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

1 hour ago, The Bristol Nest said:

Behind a paywall?

8 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Putting aside that The Suns biggest ever controversy was football related, Gary Neville was just "a sports reporter" for beIN wasn't he.

Neither have anything to do with his reporting for the paper, he worked for lots of different newspapers in Fleet Street,  you've gone a bit loopy, take a breath.

Mick Dennis says everyone including him is entitled to an opinion. Correct. Why doesn't he post it on here or phone Canary Call like the rest of us? 

3 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Neither have anything to do with his reporting for the paper, he worked for lots of different newspapers in Fleet Street,  you've gone a bit loopy, take a breath.

Yes, been a sock puppet for many different people.