Pyro Pete

Would you accept £4.8m for Rashica?

1 minute ago, Petriix said:

It's informed opinion. I watched him play a lot of times and observed him destroy just about every attack that went through him by being unable to simply pass and move. Always too many touches and running down blind alleys. If he ever did beat his man then he would just head for the channels before crossing the ball for the keeper to catch. The man has no footballing intelligence and very limited ability. 

Agree 💯 %. Abysmal .

• Like 1

I'm unable to read the Athletic so I'll have to take your word for it, but Milot scored exactly 1 Premier League goal - a deflection which wrong-footed the keeper. He apparently got 2 assists but I only remember one of them - a corner.

Michael Bailey's article is from January so not exactly based on the latest information. Any hope of him 'coming good' evaporated in the first few games this season. 

Would have thought £4.8 m is fantastic considering what he has...or rather hasn't.....done. Its not worked for whatever reason, so sounds a great deal to free up money for a fresh player to come in, who might actually look the part. 

20 minutes ago, Petriix said:

I'm unable to read the Athletic so I'll have to take your word for it, but Milot scored exactly 1 Premier League goal - a deflection which wrong-footed the keeper. He apparently got 2 assists but I only remember one of them - a corner.

Michael Bailey's article is from January so not exactly based on the latest information. Any hope of him 'coming good' evaporated in the first few games this season. 

Well obviously things went downhill when he was injured. Question is, if the club thought he was a truly a write off, why'd they loan him out instead of at least putting a buy clause in there? 

Sargeant didn't set the world on fire at first either. Sometimes a bit of perseverance is required. Somewhere in there is a player that was worth forking that amount out for in the first place. 

Edited by littleyellowbirdie
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Petriix said:

So he was involved in the same amount of EPL goals as Sarge last season, then?  Should've written him of as well really, especially being a center forward by trade.

As I see it Pukki and Cantwell will be waving goodbye for free in 6 months time, and we'd be selling an asset below market value.  This would not be a smart move and would leave our key assets as being Sarge & Max - both of which will go at cut value if we fail to get promoted, too.

Sara is going to be dead money I fear.  And yet we're screaming out for someone with pace to get round opponents this season. 

In my opinion, We should've got his head on the game, as Farke did with Emi in 19/20 but we **** our pants.

2 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Well obviously things went downhill when he was injured. Question is, if the club thought he was a truly a write off, why'd they loan him out instead of at least putting a buy clause in there? 

Sargeant didn't set the world on fire at first either. Sometimes a bit of perseverance is required. Somewhere in there is a player that was worth forking that amount out for in the first place

Whilst true there's two things here; firstly he was being played out of position as a RM (and ridiculously still is some of the time), and secondly he was 21 when we signed him as a future prospect, along with Tzolis, neither were truly expected to make an immediate impact.

Rashica was our marquee signing, and at 25 with Bundesliga top flight experience was, however, definitely expected to make an immediate impact to soften the loss of Emi. Yes the tactics probably didn't help him, but this season alone is enough to show he's very unlikely to make the grade here in England. Given his attributes you'd think he could do okay, perhaps in a better team he would, but his time here is definitely done. £4.5m and Milot off the wage bill sounds like sensible business if the offer comes in

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

Now remind me who said we had pi$$ed money up the wall  under a previous regime.

We did!!

God knows how much Naismith cost us in total - An £8.5 million transfer fee plus 3 and a half years wages at around £50,000 a week and then £30,000 a week. Something in the region of a total cost of £14.5 million.

If we flog Rashica for £4.8 million he will have cost us something in the region of a total of £6 million. A poor deal for us undoubtedly, but not even close to the scale of the Naismith calamity.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Sara is going to be dead money I fear.  And yet we're screaming out for someone with pace to get round opponents this season. 

Possibly but it just doesn't work with these tactics. You send Milot scampering down the left, he beats his man and all he's got to cross to is 5ft 10 Teemu Pukki. So he has to turn back anyway like all our wide players do. 

29 minutes ago, Petriix said:

Great left footed cross for Sargent's header at Watford was the other. 

Just now, AJ said:

Possibly but it just doesn't work with these tactics. You send Milot scampering down the left, he beats his man and all he's got to cross to is 5ft 10 Teemu Pukki.

Well, that's the point you play your center forward (Sarge) in the middle and replace him with a right footed wide man in Rashica.

It's not rocket science, really.  Pukki is done here and we should be progressing the team.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

So he was involved in the same amount of EPL goals as Sarge last season, then?  Should've written him of as well really, especially being a center forward by trade.

The difference of course being that Sargent actually started to find some form in the Championship while Rashica continued to look just as useless.

• Like 1

Sell sell sell.

The guy choose to skip the hard graft of the championship not sure I would accept him back in the dressing room.

5 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Well, that's the point you play your center forward (Sarge) in the middle and replace him with a right footed wide man in Rashica.

It's not rocket science, really.  Pukki is done here and we should be progressing the team.

To be fair that's another thing that always really confused me about Milot, why did we always play him on the left? 🙃

4 minutes ago, AJ said:

To be fair that's another thing that always really confused me about Milot, why did we always play him on the left? 🙃

He's definitely in his best position now: a few thousand miles away from the team. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Petriix said:

while Rashica continued to look just as useless.

Thought he looked very good on the ball personally, just his final delivery and decision making let him down.  But you can never develop those skills in a team where you're feeding from scraps, with such negativity floating around.

Surely i'm not the only one that was looking forward to seeing players like Rashica, Tzolis & Sargent show what they've got and to build from a lower level? 

The only one we kept has been top scorer, and I don't doubt the ability of either Tzolis or Rashica to do well at this level, either.  We've been playing Dowell, McLean, and a broken Cantwell for gods sake. 

Don't people want players like Rashica going at defences?

• Like 1

Just now, Google Bot said:

Thought he looked very good on the ball personally

I'm not sure what 'looking good on the ball' means without any end product. Most of your touches should be a pass or a shot so you need to be pretty good at those things. He's not. 

3 hours ago, komakino said:

Absolutely. As far as Webber's 'star' buys are concerned, he has to be one of the all time worst. 

Up there with Marcel Franke? 

6 minutes ago, Petriix said:

I'm not sure what 'looking good on the ball' means without any end product.

His ability to run with the ball and get around opponents, of course.

I would take the money for sure. If for no reason than he seemingly doesn’t want to play for us. I’d suggest Todd shows more potential than Rashica and as I’m not really fussed about Todd potentially leaving for nothing I’d say, aside from the eye watering loss we’d have to take the hit on, £4.8 million in hindsight represents a good deal for us. If we look at it as whether WE would pay £4.8 million for him knowing what we know, would we? Probably not but these days you pay £5 million for squad players so yeah, it’s about right. 
I think continuing to pay his wages is the classic ‘paying good money after bad’ scenario as my Nan used to say. 

Edited by SwearyCanary

I wouldn’t sell him at this stage. He has just started to find his form at galatasary and who is to say that it won’t continue?

he is in the shop window and might impress others, we might even get a player back ready to make a difference. No need for an immediate sale so let it ride for abit 

I can see both sides to this but I don't see why we need to take such a big hit on him right now. If the Turks want him that bad they'll be prepared to pay a bit more.

It's going to be one hell of a sell on clause to even part way offset the loss on this one.

Just seems to be a panic sale imo.

32 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

So like Onel but with less end product? 

i do not know what the player has said but if he wants to move take the money 

4.8 mil is better than unhappy player who does not want to be here 

i think Tzolis and Rashica wanted away ASAP 

Tzolis should of easily got in this side in the champs if he was as good as we were told 

teams trying to get to the PL do not loan out 2 players that cost approx. 15 to 20 million if they want to stay and play 

3 hours ago, Channon’s Windmill said:

Excellent piece of business, just need to move Tzolis on for 3 million after that and Webber and our amazing recruitment team can rest easy, job done.

I wouldn’t ditch Tzolis yet. He’s still only 20 and contracted until 2026 so he has time to improve. Sargent is still only 22 and contracted until 2025 so despite all the criticism the likes of him and co got last season, I still had belief in them. However, although Rashica is also contracted until 2025 he’s already 26, so I do believe it may be better to wave goodbye to him now

Factor in the loan club covering a percentage of his wage this year, possibly a loan fee on top and £4.8m sale, I’d say yes.

Bottom line is, Rashicha doesn’t want to be here. Simples

5 hours ago, Google Bot said:

Both those attributes were sorely missing with Rashica last season…he had next to no trickery and I think my 80 year old mum could outsprint him.  Are you sure you were watching the same player?