cambridgeshire canary

*official lappinitup match thread v QPR*

hmm not sure Cantwell was in control of that and looked like he invited the tackle!

Cantwell looking to go down at every opportunity. He's been excellent otherwise 

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Got their best player on the bench to bring on later, which is my worry about going in 0-0.

I think you've forgotten we have McClean on our bench 🙃

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, WD40 said:

hmm not sure Cantwell was in control of that and looked like he invited the tackle!

Knew he didn't have the legs, definitely no foul. 

1 minute ago, WD40 said:

I think you might be right to be fair, Chair had the beating of him on pace. 

1 minute ago, Ken Hairy said:

Knew he didn't have the legs, definitely no foul. 

Replay suggests otherwise with a clear pull back on Cantwell arm. In the prem that’s a red card with VAR dependent on other players positions.

Edited by Rivvo
  • Like 4

In a footrace to the ball there's absolutely no need for contact, Chair was wrong side of Cantwell, undoubtedly a freekick and a red.

• Like 2

Pity we faded. One of our best 45 mins this season in terms of performance I thought.

6 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I wish we'd not keep considering the pass back to Gunn as an option (unless last resort of course), he has no composure with the ball at his feet and the resulting lumps up field are never successful.

Krul is perhaps a bit too much the other way, over rates his ability with his feet, but think using the keeper as an 11th player is definitely more suited to Krul than Gunn.

I think the exact opposite, Gunn is very good with his feet and fair more reliable, Kruls passing is slow and often behind the man.  Gunn made 2 excellent passes out to the half way line, one to Bryam and one to Gibbs, unfortunately he balanced that with an over hit one to McCallum.   

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rivvo said:

Replay suggests otherwise with a clear pull back on Cantwell arm. In the prem that’s a red card with VAR dependent on other players positions.

Behave, game has gone to total **** if people think that's a foul 🤣

1 minute ago, Monty13 said:

Pity we faded. One of our best 45 mins this season in terms of performance I thought.

We seem to be good at that.. Play fantstic for about 10 minutes then it's 10 minutes of slow walking

Just now, CDMullins said:

In a footrace to the ball there's absolutely no need for contact, Chair was wrong side of Cantwell, undoubtedly a freekick and a red.

Would the ref have had to give a red by letter of the law? If so I think that’s why he bottled it. 

I think it’s a foul but a red would have been harsh.

3 minutes ago, Hook's-Walk-Canary said:

I think you've forgotten we have McClean on our bench 🙃

I think you’ll find we have McLean on our bench.

2 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Behave, game has gone to total **** if people think that's a foul 🤣

Grabbing his arm while he’s ahead of him with the ball at his feet, if the ref had been able to see it he would have been gone.not saying that’s right but how the game is officiated nowadays it would be a red if he was last man.

Edited by Rivvo

2 minutes ago, Rivvo said:

Looks like the both had a bit of a pull then Cantwell went down because he knew he didn't have the legs to out run Chair. 

Bit unlucky really, he'd have got clear of any of their defenders, Chair is quick.

I think the ref was right to not wreck the game for that one.

6 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

More noise in my lounge than Carrow Road

You can hear Smith's voice booming out his order's way too clearly. If we can hear on the TV surely the opposition can too and can react as well.

Good game. Think that's more or less the best I've seen us play so far this season. QPR look pretty dangerous, though, and we did drop off for ten mins between about 30-40.

Max really needs to sort himself out. We've had very little down the right owing to Byram being so limited and Sara having a bit of a shocker in that first half. Would be so much more threatening with the old Max out there, especially now Hayden is dropping between the centre backs to allow the fullbacks further forward.

Todd everywhere: so great to see him near his best. Assumed he'd gone to ground too easily at the end there, but the replay did show Chair tugging at him. Probably a bit of both.

Pukki looking very sharp. What a little shimmy for that chance that came back off the post.

Can we break a season's habit and play well in both halves of a game? OTBC

• Thanks 1

Thats a lot  better. McCullam still playing exceptionally well but Pukki is being a little selfish

I thought Cantwell did go over easily, but he was pulled and there was a tangle of legs.  Had Var / a Liverpool player been involved there would have only been one outcome.

Edited by Newtopia

Cantwells last touch took the ball well beyond his reach and towards the keeper, slightest contact and he knows he’s lost the ball and goes down. That would have been the softest of red cards 

1 minute ago, Rivvo said:

Grabbing his arm while he’s ahead of him with the ball at his feet, if the ref had been able to see it he would have been gone.not saying that’s right but how the game is officiated nowadays it would be a red if he was last man.

No chance, a coming together nothing more. 

I fear for the future of the game if people want reds for that games will end up as 5 a side matches 🙄

1 minute ago, shefcanary said:

You can hear Smith's voice booming out his order's way too clearly. If we can hear on the TV surely the opposition can too and can react as well.

Can't tell if you are joking or not, but you know the mic isn't built into the camera right? Can place the mics anywhere. That isn't what Smith sounds like from the commentary box.

Sara having a shocker? Not from where I am sitting! Todd playing the price for falling over every contact, if it had been Pukki it would have been a foul. Todd has also gone missing twice on his side leaving an overlap