cambridgeshire canary

*official lappinitup match thread v QPR*

1 minute ago, SwearyCanary said:

Our best spell was the first 20 mins though? 

So not when Pukki hit the post then? Or when Hernandez nutsed the defender? 

9 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Second half absolutely dreadful. Can’t see the point in keeping Smith any longer. Good time to change manager before the world cup 

Jeez if you thought that was dreadful then i give up, it was a far better preformance . But the Smith outers are still here in force. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, daz said:

And Burnley get a last min equaliser, their results more like ours used to be 😔🔰

Worse than that I’m afraid 

I believe we've only beaten Sunderland (12th) from the top half. 

Like I said months ago we'll struggle against any half decent organised side playing like we are.

Gunn probably our man of the match too.

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

Final whistle blown now.

Basically played until Kompany found a winner then.

You can see it now if they go up, it will be a Kompany love in next season. 

Just now, KeiranShikari said:

And Millwall. Take the point, though.

3 minutes ago, daz said:

And Burnley get a last min equaliser, their results more like ours used to be 😔🔰

All the Belgians, so many Belgians

KompanyLife!

We could and should have won that. Still very much in the Smith out camp though and it will take far more than that to convince me that this is a manager that can take the club forwards. 1 win in 8 matches and now 9 points off Burnley. I really believe we should be looking at this World Cup break to make a change 

1 minute ago, Dame to Blame said:

You can see it now if they go up, it will be a Kompany love in next season. 

Vincent Kompany's Burnley

But I'd take that over what we've got coming.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, KeiranShikari said:

Like I said months ago we'll struggle against any half decent organised side playing like we are.

Gunn probably our man of the match too.

Come on we were unlucky tonight , i would say there goalkeeper was head and shoulders above anyone tonight. We can all spin it to suit our agenda. 

2 minutes ago, chicken said:

So not when Pukki hit the post then? Or when Hernandez nutsed the defender? 

We looked most threatening for a sustained period the first 20. There were other chances for sure but these were very sporadic and flashes when it got more leggy towards the end. I thought Hernandez chance from Dowell looked like he took it off Pukki’s toe from my angle. Pukki’s Miss at the end with his left also a huge chance. Real shane as he was close to a couple tonight 

As I said earlier, Teemu of two years ago scores 2 tonight and it's a scrappy but effective win against a decent opponent. Before anyone gets mad, I'm not saying Pukki is crap now. Just objectively he's not as ruthless as he was, it happens.

But these are the margins. I believe we had the 'big save' moment from Gunn but we were missing the cutting edge moment in attack. Without being razor-sharp, we're going to need to create a greater volume of chances to seriously affect our 'goals for' column.

Side note, are we going for the world record of 'number of times dragged down at a corner with nothing given in a season'? Seems every game we have at least one player hauled down.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Virtual reality said:

We could and should have won that. 

You say that... but QPR had more shots, and more shots on target over the course of the 90.

I suppose we had that urgency in the last 5 mins or so when QPR were scared to commit men forward, plus that little run of corners (which we hardly ever come close to scoring from).

But last 10 minutes of the first half and first 25 minutes of the second half I thought QPR looked like the home team.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

You say that... but QPR had more shots, and more shots on target over the course of the 90.

I suppose we had that urgency in the last 5 mins or so when QPR were scared to commit men forward, plus that little run of corners (which we hardly ever come close to scoring from).

But last 10 minutes of the first half and first 25 minutes of the second half I thought QPR looked like the home team.

So basically QPR only looked good for 35 mins then. 

Edited by Dame to Blame
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:

Little gap starting to form? A few with games in hand as well. 

We're the same distance from 1st as we are from 21st in terms of points.

And both the teams in 1st and 21st have a game in hand on us.

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

We're the same distance from 1st as we are from 21st in terms of points.

And both the teams in 1st and 21st have a game in hand on us.

But only 4 pts from second 

Just now, Dame to Blame said:

So basically QPR only looked good for 35 mins then. 

I'm sorry if I can't get enthusiastic about being 10 points above the relegation zone after 19 games played.

8 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Point against the team in 4th and you want him sacked. Christ sake, the state of some our fans. Feel you lot wont be happy unless we win every match 7-0. I get the frustrations due to missed chances but get some perspective.

Steady on there!

It was an encouraging first half performance, particularly the first 20 mins but tailed off as it went on - as has become customary under Smith. Second half continued in the same vein and was basically a total non-display, we looked lost in possession once again. 

I’m not upset we didn’t win 7-0 and it wasn’t a shocking performance but I just don’t see where we are going under Smith. We have shown in flashes this season that we have the quality to get top 2, but I just don’t think we will get there with this manager.  

With the upcoming break it’s surely a fantastic chance for a new coach to get some time and familiarise himself with the team, without the break I’d be more inclined to give Smith more time. 

Now what about that exactly is such a ‘state’ of an opinion? Why is everything so black and white for you?