cambridgeshire canary

***official lappinitup match thread V mad hatters***

Just now, TheGunnShow said:

Well, Giannoulis, Hernandez, and Nunez on for Ramsay, Gibbs, and Sinani.

Can't say that's not attacking. And it's eliminated a huge hole where Sinani was apparently supposed to be.

yet still we seem incapable of carving out any chances.... given the players we supposedly have, we should at very least create chances in games, even if we dont take them...  3-4 more games like this and we've pissed any chance of promotion up the wall.

Took so long ar5ing about around the box EIGHT Luton players got behind the ball. We've been here before, trying to walk it in. Need more urgency. Snapshots and thinderba5tards etc

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Very stupid. Was obviously a red. 

Not obvious.  Luton player literally dragging him by the shoulders.  Basically dragged his balancing arm into his face, when Kenny was trying to push off his chest to get away from the wrestling match he was unwillingly involved with.

4 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Smith getting animated for the first time since he's been here, hopefully that's a sign that he's been told a defeat tonight and he can sling his hook. 

Was about to say does it show Deano is feeling the heat now 

1 minute ago, Michael Starr said:

I hate this Smith era. It's soooo terrible. I just hate this

I would get used to it, he won’t be going any time soon! Delia MWJ and Webber will never sanction it!

2 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

We’ve had this coming. 

Too much talk about the squad being the best in the league, talk about how we stay up next season in the EPL - like it’s a given we get promoted.

A mix of entitlement and complacency amongst supporters, players and staff has eroded the life out of the club. 

Carrow road is a morgue… Teemu Pukki, I can’t believe what I’m witnessing - he’s downed tools… Dean Smith has no connection with the fans.. and appears the players aren’t fighting for him. And once again, our transfer business has been dreadful.

Worrying times.

Yes, a huge slice of this

• Like 1

Just now, Orly said:

Not obvious.  Luton player literally dragging him by the shoulders.  Basically dragged his balancing arm into his face, when Kenny was trying to push off his chest to get away from the wrestling match he was unwillingly involved with.

Very obvious, raised hand = red card. 

Yeah my faith is fast falling away.

I was hoping what we'd see is the performances improve to match the results as Smith got players back and the team gelled. Instead performances have remained poor while results catch up with us.

It also doesn't help that Smith seems to be dodging the big calls- Sargent should be starting through the middle but is constantly shunted out wide to accommodate an out of form Pukki, Hanley and McLean remain undroppable despite performances that don't warrant it etc.

I do not and will not ever get the weird personal dislike some people have for Smith, he comes across as a decent, hard working guy who has a track record of success elsewhere but it just feels like it isn't working here and I'm not sure I see it changing.

• Like 1

We haven’t been good to watch all season, we’ve been on a 9 match unbeaten run without looking anything  special & I don’t think Smith can improve us. Now teams have worked out how to beat us. I’m afraid Smith & Shakespeare have to be sacked.

7 minutes ago, Virtual reality said:

Amazing that no one saw this coming really….

That's not true really... quite a few of us expected it... e.g.

11 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I fear the worst. This season is the first time in 55 years that I haven't looked forward to going to Carrow Road 

10 hours ago, TheRock said:

Luton will be on a high after their win on saturday.  Unless we start well, can see another loss for us.

0-1 Cameron Jerome the goalscorer.

6 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Honestly, I'll think they'll do us, comfortably

1 minute ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Very obvious, raised hand = red card. 

what if the player picks up your hand and smashes it in their own face?

1 minute ago, Michael Starr said:

Pukki has lost it.

Lost it, or downed tools? Which ever it is (or both) he certainly isn't the temmu of old. 

We should of granted his summer wish. 

Just now, Orly said:

That actually happened in a South American game - might even have been a junior international.

2 minutes ago, Michael Starr said:

Pukki has lost it.

If you mean confidence, yes he has lost confidence.

Like many of our players, Aarons, Cantwell, Gibson included.

Just now, Orly said:

That's not what happened though is it. Kenny swung his hand, clearly at head height and smashed the geezers chops. 

We cannot accept "injuries and a red card" as an excuse for this. It's been coming for weeks and we have the best squad in the league

• Haha 1