cambridgeshire canary

***official lappinitup match thread V mad hatters***

1 minute ago, chicken said:

Lol! Got to laugh at that.

Smith clearly told Gibson to gift another goal away and for Kenny to get sent off.

Clearly what was meant.....🙄

Well, Kenny was up for the fight. Problem was....

Gibson was great in his first Championship season with us. Can see why Sean Dyche never really rated him though.

Just now, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

I think these players have been massively overrated. 

I have wondered as much. Smith has not got 100% from his teams so far, maybe only sporadically in games. But I have started to wonder too whether this team are actually any good! Agree, we may have overrated them.

Just now, chicken said:

Smith clearly told Gibson to gift another goal away and for Kenny to get sent off.

I’ve defended Smith, and was a keen advocate to afford him some time this season. I think that time is nearly out, sadly. 

I can see players not playing for him. 

2 minutes ago, chicken said:

It's the overall performances, not those specific incidents, but of course you know that. 

2 minutes ago, sonyc said:

It was a fine finish.

And his reaction was classy too - a non-celebration...looked embarrassed and had his head bowed. Fair play Carlton. 

He's a quality Championship striker, I've been banging that drum for a while. 

If we get stuck in this division then we could do worse. Assuming Luton don't go up, because they might.

1 minute ago, Ken Hairy said:

Looks like a punch from McLean. Stupid boy and during the one game he's actually playing well. 

Clearly raised his left fist or hand in the direction of the defenders face, ref saw it straight away

7 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Lansbury or Jerome are going to come off the bench and seal it, aren't they?

Lansbury is a DM these days so it is likely that he'll come on at some point to see out the game if we don't equalise.

What really sticks out yet again is we are losing a game to the opposition's sole attempt on target. Exactly what was happening at the start of the season. All the possession and doing nothing with it before giving the point(s) away.

This is what tells me time is up for Smith. Nothing learned and discipline is now slipping too.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, chicken said:

Pahaha, careful not to choke on the sand your head is buried in!

3 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

OTBC

Makes you wonder - should he have gone down? Defender's got his hands all over him.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Helsinki canary said:

Clearly raised his left fist or hand in the direction of the defenders face, ref saw it straight away

Ridiculous as is the referee who saw that but not McLean being held back by the shoulders in the first place. Penalty. First offence.

Smith getting animated for the first time since he's been here, hopefully that's a sign that he's been told a defeat tonight and he can sling his hook. 

8 minutes ago, chicken said:

My Lord,

You're so blindly deluded.

Well, Giannoulis, Hernandez, and Nunez on for Ramsay, Gibbs, and Sinani.

Can't say that's not attacking. And it's eliminated a huge hole where Sinani was apparently supposed to be.

Dean Smith needs to leave before this spiral becomes terminal. It’s not working and it’s only going one way. 

Webber can f**k off too. Utter failure. Again. 

9 minutes ago, Gibbo said:

I find that sending off incredible... nothing in it, yet the ref reacted as if he'd poleaxed him.

Think you need to see it again mate, you can't punch someone. 

Hanley at fault big time for their goal as well. Just pathetic defending. Just let’s him run into the box, turn onto his right foot and shoot.

• Like 1

We’ve had this coming. 

Too much talk about the squad being the best in the league, talk about how we stay up next season in the EPL - like it’s a given we get promoted.

A mix of entitlement and complacency amongst supporters, players and staff has eroded the life out of the club. 

Carrow road is a morgue… Teemu Pukki, I can’t believe what I’m witnessing - he’s downed tools… Dean Smith has no connection with the fans.. and appears the players aren’t fighting for him. And once again, our transfer business has been dreadful.

Worrying times.

• Like 4