cambridgeshire canary

***official lappinitup match thread V mad hatters***

1 minute ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

Smith arguing with the 4th official about the eight minutes added time...

"It's not enough...we couldn't score if we played all night"

To the contrary, he was probably complaining about having to endure another eight minutes of dross 

Just now, All the Germans said:

Everyone who wanted Farke gone. This is what you get. 

I would agree that our time post-Farke has shown how good he was to get the best out of some players, and would agree that he was sacked prematurely in hindsight.

But we could have done a much better job of replacing Farke, Dean Smith should be managing Walsall.

Smith out. Smith out. Smith out. Smith out. Smith out. Smith out. Smith out. Smith out. Smith out. Smith out. Smith out. Smith out. Smith out. Smith out. Smith out. Smith out. Smith out. Smith out. Smith out. Smith out. Smith out. Smith out. Smith out. Smith out. Smith out. Smith out. Smith out. Smith out. Smith out. Smith out. Smith out. Smith out. Smith out. Smith out. Smith out. Smith out. Smith out. Smith out. Smith out. Smith out. Smith out. Smith out. Smith out. Smith out. Smith out. Smith out. Smith out. Smith out. Smith out. Smith out. Smith out. Smith out. Smith out. Smith out. Smith out. Smith out. Smith out. Smith out. Smith out. Smith out. Smith out. Smith out. Smith out. Smith out. Smith out. Smith out. Smith out. Smith out. Smith out. Smith out. Smith out. Smith out. Smith out. Smith out. Smith out. Smith out. Smith out. Smith out. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, mrdi said:

To the contrary, he was probably complaining about having to endure another eight minutes of dross 

His dross

Just now, mrdi said:

Moaning that 8 minutes isn't long enough to drink another cup of tea.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Michael Starr said:

WTF has happened to Nunez

The Smith effect! Players aren’t buying into him!

2 minutes ago, Richard Richard said:

That applies to several of our squad in fairness.

Yes, but I suspect he's the only one of them driving a Lambo and chartering private jets for his summer holiday.

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

Moaning that 8 minutes isn't long enough to drink another cup of tea.

Jesus, that is a sacking offence. 

*had shifted cup just before and after typing this*

Just now, Satriales said:

Surprised so many home fans have stayed. Can only assume they fancy booing Smith at full time.

Hogesar will be telling them to sit down and shut up because we've clearly thrashed them on xG.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Farke had to go. You can’t blame the current situation on his sacking, or blame fans who wanted him out. 

He didn't have to go. I can blame the current situation on his sacking. I don't particularly blame the fans as there was no particular pressure for his sacking (however they deserve this for their shortsightedness), I do however blame the man who sacked the best manager we have ever had.

• Like 1

Just now, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Smith will still be given time by Webber. He will be allowed games with Hayden and Dimi fit and available.

Wouldn't surprise me if he's given time because we can't afford to pay him and his team off, and can't afford compo for his replacement so need to wait for somebody we fancy to join the dole queue.

Just now, keelansgrandad said:

I thought that was his full Spanish name.

Nunez Losdabal?

Just now, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Smith will still be given time by Webber. He will be allowed games with Hayden and Dimi fit and available.

Why? So he can do his favourite ‘scapegoat Dimi and take him off at HT’ routine again? 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Makes you wonder - should he have gone down? Defender's got his hands all over him.

Makes you wonder if the ref is watching that closely he should have blown before the fist to the face really. No excuses though, this hasn't been good enough. 

12 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Chicken thinks its our fault not Smith

No, like a couple of others have said, and I have said before, I think people have overestimated this squad. Smith may well not be up to getting more from them like Farke did, especially when trying to make us more robust, when we know some of those players aren't more robust already. 

The long term problem is that we have been one dimensional. That started with us playing 4-2-3-1 which worked incredibly well, and Farke's desire to dominate the ball rather than the game so to speak. The issue was always the case that we struggled physically, we struggled when we couldn't get the ball back and we struggled when we went behind. However it worked more often, at this level, than it didn't and I get that as you want to see "pure football" it "looks" better.

Lambert remains to be, for me, the best manager experience we have had since the good years under Worthington. There was a balance, we could grind out results, we had the nasty side to the game, Holt knew how to ruffle up defenders, Johnson knew how to bully midfields. We haven't had such a balance to both sides of the game since - Farke included.

We need more from this squad, it may well need a change if this continues, but I think what we are seeing is a squad that has players that were good two seasons ago but who may not be the players they were, or can't repeat the levels they gave then. Some, like Hernandez, haven't shown that form for longer. 

As I have said, people big this squad up to be the best in this league, I've never convinced that to be the case. We were certainly never going to manage the feat of finding top-spot-bounce-back so easily again. 

• Like 1

Just now, All the Germans said:

He didn't have to go. I can blame the current situation on his sacking. I don't particularly blame the fans as there was no particular pressure for his sacking (however they deserve this for their shortsightedness), I do however blame the man who sacked the best manager we have ever had.

He did. We were going down with him in charge, for sure.