cambridgeshire canary

***official lappinitup match thread V mad hatters***

1 minute ago, TheGunnShow said:

Fair play to Luton for being very organised, but the key to unlocking this is more pace in possession. It's far too ponderous right now. Speed it up.

Imagine if we were that well Organised with the  attacking players we have here !! 

2 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Fair play to Luton for being very organised, but the key to unlocking this is more pace in possession. It's far too ponderous right now. Speed it up.

Ramsey and Sinani off, Todd and Onel on.

Surprised by Luton's lack of ambition: they clearly haven't been reading this board.

They're very difficult to break down, though, and if Smith was frustrated that we spent too much time "playing in front of" Watford, he's going to be livid tonight. Just so slow and ponderous.

Would get Ramsey off at HT, play Cantwell on the left and move the Sarge central.

1 minute ago, norfolkngood said:

Imagine if we were that well Organised with the  attacking players we have here !! 

Norfolk Enchants! 😉

• Like 1

What’s this “chest problem” Dowell picked up while warming up? Did Mummy not send him out wrapped up in a nice warm Norwich scarf?

Sideways. Sideways. Backwards. Sideways. Backwards. . Sideways. Backwards. Sideways. Backwards. Oh dear. 

No creativity. All fear of losing the ball. 
Smith Out

Just now, Nuff Said said:

What’s this “chest problem” Dowell picked up while warming up? Did Mummy not send him out wrapped up in a nice warm Norwich scarf?

Or his Villa one...

image.jpeg.0a65897a1790085fb5aa3ecf4e41b32a.jpeg

• Haha 2

PLEASE don't just throw on Onel "Headless Chicken" Hernandez. Love the guy but he's not the answer, head down/run fast/no control/no end product.

[I'll put my tin hat on]

Edited by Richard Richard
  • Like 1

Just now, FenwayFrank said:

I hadn’t noticed that Sinani was playing!

Did you notice anyone else playing - or even moving

The word of the season so far - turgid. No spark or urgency or creativity. On the plus side, Gibson and Maclean have looked solid defensively. But it's all so boring.

• Like 3

Just now, Richard Richard said:

PLEASE don't just throw on Onel "Headless Chicken" Hernandez. Love the guy but he's not the answer, head down/run fast/no control/no end product.

[I'll put my time hat on]

He'll draw more attention as they'll have to double up on him which might open up space for our other players. Plus his inclusion would mean we wouldn't have to string together 6-10 great passes to create something every time we attack. Yeah he's limited and frustrating, but he's the only player we have who can get the ball and run at the opposition and I think he'll be more useful in this game than another player who will only want to play pass and move like Cantwell or Nunez

4 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Ramsey and Sinani off, Todd and Onel on.

I'd do it differently. Understandable shout though. Agree with Ramsey and Sinani off, but I'd probably chuck Hayden and Giannoulis on, and put McLean in attacking midfield. Hayden on should free Sara and Gibbs a bit more, and it certainly should free McLean.

Not to mention both those two need minutes.

So powder puff. Elements tonight have been ok (Kenny (again at LB) and Gibson have done well) but every time we get in a dangerous area we check back, cut inside and pass it square then try a stupid through ball and lose it. Sinani dire.

a game that very clearly illustrates how Webber had f***ed up again and Smith still hadn’t found a style or formation that suits our squad. Zero pace, power or cutting edge going forward. I refuse to believe Rashica or Tzolis would not give teams more to think about than our current wide options.