Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Brendan Rodgers Must Be Next To Get The Heave Ho ?

Rooted to the foot of the table and his recent comments regarding transfers has surely left him on the edge of a cliff especially after the result this afternoon at Brighton ?

Edited by TIL 1010

They’re a very odd case. Does anyone know what’s happened there? Where has their money gone?

They’ve lost key players and not replaced them whilst teams around them have improved. The promoted sides also look like they’re making a decent fist of it so far, would it be a massive shock to see Leicester go down with such little improvement in squad over the past 2 seasons?

10 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

They’re a very odd case. Does anyone know what’s happened there? Where has their money gone?

They’ve lost key players and not replaced them whilst teams around them have improved. The promoted sides also look like they’re making a decent fist of it so far, would it be a massive shock to see Leicester go down with such little improvement in squad over the past 2 seasons?

It all went tragically wrong when the owner died in the helicopter crash, the son took over and FFP and penny pinching seems to have had an effect. 

1 minute ago, overthebordercanary said:

It all went tragically wrong when the owner died in the helicopter crash, the son took over and FFP and penny pinching seems to have had an effect. 

The FFP things is so uneven as they try and do the right thing and the big clubs just do as they please and f*ck the authorities

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Yeah, God knows what the better players like Maddison are thinking too - they've done nothing of real note in the transfer window and lost big names despite Rodgers saying at the end of last season they needed a big refresh of the squad.

I only found this out yesterday. King Power are involved in the duty free business, so naturally their main source of income has taken a bit of a hit in recent times.

Leicester are about to declare big losses for their last financial year according to the media - another £120m.

Why Leicester are the only Premier League club not to have signed a player yet - The Athletic

Yet they can still field players like Vardy, Maddison, Tielemans, Soyuncu,, Ndidi, Barnes, Evans, Castagne, Vestergard etc.

Their wage bill is unsustainable, unfortunately. This seasons Everton.

• Thanks 1

I think lcfc will be okay this season. Brendan Rodgers won't be there mind but it's not necessarily his fault how it's turned out. Unsure why there isn't money available, but the fans seem sick of BR anyhow, so I guess that's that.

Touching on the point of them being relegated, who do we think will go? Fulham and forest so far look decent, atleast to be able to stay this year. Bournemouth would probably be favourite outright. Excluding the other two promoted teams, who do you think will fall into the champ? 

Also, anyone for BR to come here? Regardless of your stance on DS, surely BR is seen as a huge upgrade?

4 minutes ago, NeymarSmith said:

I think lcfc will be okay this season. Brendan Rodgers won't be there mind but it's not necessarily his fault how it's turned out. Unsure why there isn't money available, but the fans seem sick of BR anyhow, so I guess that's that.

Touching on the point of them being relegated, who do we think will go? Fulham and forest so far look decent, atleast to be able to stay this year. Bournemouth would probably be favourite outright. Excluding the other two promoted teams, who do you think will fall into the champ? 

Also, anyone for BR to come here? Regardless of your stance on DS, surely BR is seen as a huge upgrade?

Also, anyone for BR to come here? Regardless of your stance on DS, surely BR is seen as a huge upgrade?🤔🙈

Five wins in a row v Five losses in a row 

7 minutes ago, NeymarSmith said:

First might look decent, but they're second bottom and as we know only too well, looking decent and losing gets you nowhere and losing is a hard habit to shake off. I know they've had a tricky few matches, but with such a new squad I can see problems if they don't start picking up points very soon

10 hours ago, cornish sam said:

First might look decent, but they're second bottom and as we know only too well, looking decent and losing gets you nowhere and losing is a hard habit to shake off. I know they've had a tricky few matches, but with such a new squad I can see problems if they don't start picking up points very soon

Cooper had to manage that 2nd half disaster against Bournemouth better than that. They switched to 3 at the back and Forest had no answer.

I wouldn't bet on them staying up tbh.

10 hours ago, Mengo said:

Also, anyone for BR to come here? Regardless of your stance on DS, surely BR is seen as a huge upgrade?🤔🙈

Five wins in a row v Five losses in a row 

Clearly different leagues and level of opponent though. I like BR and his style tbh

10 hours ago, NeymarSmith said:

If you read a Leicester forum they are highly critical of Rodgers signings last season, when they spent £60m but went massively backwards.

Soumare and Vestergaard signed for a combined £34m and BR seldom uses them. 

They are particularly miffed at why Vestegaard is a bench warmer.

Sounds like Leicester fans want a change of manager and that they think a new manager might make better use of the squad. Could be that their board are reluctant to back him after feeling stung last season?

Oh no! How will I sleep knowing thar Mr walkers team are struggling!? They're an embarrassment and are taking up a spot of someone more worthy! A big club like Sheffield Wednesday should be there because they were years ago! 

Edited by GodlyOtsemobor
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Player's wages. Last accounts show they spent £192 million on wages out of total revenue of £226 million. With net debt of nearly £240 million and rising interest rates they can expect to pay more than the £11 million they paid in interest last year.

You can't borrow forever without it hitting you at some stage unless you have significant revenue growth - unless they qualify for the Champions league, they won't get it.

The issue for Leicester is that despite their success, (assuming these figures are correct) they've struggled to have the same branding and marketing revenue that the so called big 6 have had.

Their recruitment was exceptional selling the likes of Maguire, Mahrez, Drinkwater, Chilwell, Fofana and  Kante for big money. But Jamie Vardy's almost 36 and can't go on forever.

image.thumb.png.20cb247cf988ffc85f83625dcd700dc4.png

Eh, we generated more revenue than Villa? Surely shome mishtake?! No wonder Deano came to us - we're a bigger club!?! 🥴🤔🤪

Edited by shefcanary

Their wage bill is huge and Rodgers is
the biggest earner on £10m a year. They
spent a fortune on the new training
complex so I guess the owner has had
enough of paying out. Leicester are also
waiting on planning permission to
extend the stadium but they won't need
that in the Championship.

Rodgers ? Nooooooooo............it must be Dull Dean at Norwich ...........'cos the fans just "can't take to him" 

Kiss of death surely 😔