Sign in to follow this  
Bert

It’s never to early to admit you have made a mistake

Time for Webber to get the axe out and get someone in that can get a tune out of this squad

The pre season and first game have shown nothing has changed, there is no point in beating a dead horse, time for change 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Interesting - no one thought we were having a poor pre season when we beat Marseille….

I didn't personally think the Marseille game was anything to be excited about. Two Hugil goals from crosses isn't exactly indicative of the kind of football we're likely to be playing. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Petriix said:

I didn't personally think the Marseille game was anything to be excited about. Two Hugil goals from crosses isn't exactly indicative of the kind of football we're likely to be playing. 

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t hold any store by preseason at all - but it’s the same if we win or lose.  The sudden ‘we had a crap preseason’ because we lost to Celtic is quite bizarre.

The pre season games were never going to be an indication of anything.

First games of the season are notoriously no indication of how the season is going to go either. 

Next week against Wigan will be a more important clue as to how things are.

• Like 8

We’ve made several over the last year, there’s still a lot of work to be done to un**** that.

42 minutes ago, Bert said:

Time for Webber to get the axe out and get someone in that can get a tune out of this squad

The pre season and first game have shown nothing has changed, there is no point in beating a dead horse, time for change 

Would that be an Ice axe?.....

3 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Would that be an Ice axe?.....

…….he got an ice pick, that made his ears burn…..

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Petriix said:

Sure, but a 1-0 away loss on the first game of the season with a rubbish referee is nothing to get excited about either. 

See where we are at Christmas. 

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

15 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

No more heroes any more.....

Sadly, that’s quite fitting for the present 

The competitive season started on Saturday and we did not compete! Pre season is over, the talking is over, time to show results of the training and coaching . Another loss. Another bunch of excuses from Smith . This was not Man City or Liverpool , this was Cardiff and we rolled over and accepted that Cardiff were the better footballing side. No real belief in the side, no real commitment, no tactics that looked like they may work, no attacking penetration. Again.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Sure, but a 1-0 away loss on the first game of the season with a rubbish referee is nothing to get excited about either. 

See where we are at Christmas. 

Get used to seeing plenty of rubbish referees in the EFL and i hope you are not suggesting that referee was to blame for the inept, spineless $hite show on Saturday ?

22 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Get used to seeing plenty of rubbish referees in the EFL and i hope you are not suggesting that referee was to blame for the inept, spineless $hite show on Saturday ?

It definitely allowed Cardiff to play dirty and get away with it, which is something that's not part of Norwich's identity, so yes I am suggesting it was a factor. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

It definitely allowed Cardiff to play dirty and get away with it, which is something that's not part of Norwich's identity, so yes I am suggesting it was a factor. 

Get used to it then because if you think Cardiff are the only team who will adopt the approach you suggest they did with the help of a below par referee we are in for a very long season.

The referee had no bearing on how we played on Saturday which was simply not acceptable.

3 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Get used to it then because if you think Cardiff are the only team who will adopt the approach you suggest they did with the help of a below par referee we are in for a very long season.

The referee had no bearing on how we played on Saturday which was simply not acceptable.

I agree with you that they need to learn to cope with it better, but it's early in the season after a short pre-season. All I'm saying is being patient, treating Smith with a bit more respect, and letting them get on with it should be preferable to starting the coaching merry-go-round again after there seems to be a consensus that the last change was a mistake, even from a lot of people who were energetically agitating for the last change. 

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

Quite frankly what did anyone expect? Poor squad, poor management and national laughing stock ownership.

Be grateful if we aren't in a relegation battle come Christmas time with all of the usual excuses about the 'self funding project' being the only way to compete for a 'small club like Norwich'.

12 minutes ago, Nora's Ghost said:

Quite frankly what did anyone expect? Poor squad, poor management and national laughing stock ownership.

Be grateful if we aren't in a relegation battle come Christmas time with all of the usual excuses about the 'self funding project' being the only way to compete for a 'small club like Norwich'.

See your boys got a cracking draw against Bolton this weekend...maybe stick to talking about that...

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

I agree with you that they need to learn to cope with it better, but it's early in the season after a short pre-season. All I'm saying is being patient, treating Smith with a bit more respect, and letting them get on with it should be preferable to starting the coaching merry-go-round again after there seems to be a consensus that the last change was a mistake, even from a lot of people who were energetically agitating for the last change. 

I'm sorry cant agree with this,  the team (players and management) have had the whole pre season (and let's be honest most of last season) to prepare for the rough and tumble of the championship. To not be up for it for the first game of the season and show neither the required fight or skills is not acceptable.

As far as showing Smith respect, i was always told you need to earn respect and he has done nothing here to do that.

2 hours ago, Bert said:

Perhaps he can turn the axe on himself?

On paper the squad looks OK with the additional players brought in this window - however we still have a fairly wretched CM issue until the new lads are in the house. Look at any team in the world and the CDM/CM/AMC is what makes it tick, tempo and creativity wise, so trying to get a tune out of the squad will not happen until that is settled/sorted. 

We seem to have bought the right players in. I think I can be patient enough to see if they are what is missing. Unfortunately it seems that will be another few games. 

28 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

He could try but would probably miss. 

Hed spend 9 million quid to buy the axe, but buy a spoon by mistake instead 

Edited by Haus
  • Like 1

Whilst pre season results arent important, the style of play and method is. You need to see what we're doing how how it will be implemented and carried into the season

We saw nothing of it in pre season so it was unlikely we were just magically going to turn up and switch it on whrn the seaaon started

So it's Smith's fault? Who bought the players Smith is working with? Did the messiah Farke get a tune out of them? Who gave Smith not a single new face in the first team Saturday? When will we see Hayden? 

Sacking Smith and getting in another fall guy whilst ignoring the failures of our 1st team recruitment is both idiotic and pointless. And how are we to pay for the management team exit? Thought we didn't have a magic money tree?

Let's face it. our season is now in the hands of two young South American footballers with zero experience of the EFL.

Well done Webber, take a bow.

• Like 1

The thought that a new coach is going to come in and make Sargeant, Rashica, Mclean, Sorensen, Idah, Dowell etc into a consistently well performing attractive side is just not based on reality.

• Like 1