Sign in to follow this  
Feedthewolf

U23s against the binners this afternoon...

18 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

The squad and whoever else is deemed important, left Norwich just before 2.00pm and landed at Cardiff at 2.42 pm.....

Oh good, adding nicely to our carbon footprint….

• Sad 1

Just now, ncfcstar said:

Oh dear

Dear me. That's hugely disappointing, considering our hugely lauded Category A academy.

I guess players will be added to it but the U23's look a bit weak in midfield in this pre-season. I suppose Gibbs and Springett being with the first team and Clarke out on loan doesn;t help matters. They may be bolstered by some Brazilian youngsters in the not too distant future. 

14 minutes ago, ncfcstar said:

Oh dear

Wouldn’t have lost with Farke in charge! 😉🤪

3 hours ago, Greavsy said:

Is that  Bardens return from his illness last season? 

Apologies if ive missed it previously. Either way good to see him playing, and presumed fully recovered. 

Played for Wales u21 in May

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Feedthewolf said:

Dear me. That's hugely disappointing, considering our hugely lauded Category A academy.

Not really much to read into, most prospects are either on loan or training with the first team. Also looks like we played with an unbalanced team including 4 strikers!

3 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Not really much to read into, most prospects are either on loan or training with the first team. Also looks like we played with an unbalanced team including 4 strikers!

Yeah, yeah... but... we lost to... them.

*skulks off looking miserable*

• Haha 3

They'll want another star on the shirt now.

I believe the youngsters lost last time we played them a couple of years back.

A good run out and a goal for Idah I guess.

1 hour ago, Branston Pickle said:

Oh good, adding nicely to our carbon footprint….

Sitting for a long time on a coach is very bad for the physical health of professional sportsmen. It's quite tiring as well. Last time I went to South Wales it took well over 7 hours due to traffic problems. Not ideal preparation for a football match. 

In the John Bond/Ken Brown days we once went 2 whole seasons without winning an away game but stayed up comfortably due to our home form. Bond was asked why and he said it was simply the effect of travelling in and out of Norfolk. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Sitting for a long time on a coach is very bad for the physical health of professional sportsmen. It's quite tiring as well. Last time I went to South Wales it took well over 7 hours due to traffic problems. Not ideal preparation for a football match. 

In the John Bond/Ken Brown days we once went 2 whole seasons without winning an away game but stayed up comfortably due to our home form. Bond was asked why and he said it was simply the effect of travelling in and out of Norfolk. 

The roads, suspension and vehicle speeds were all pretty horrendous back in the 70’s though. Not many bypasses then! 

I wonder if they're all saying to their mum's/sisters/aunt's (I mean all the same person anyway) that this is a sign that this is the year they take over from us 🤣

3 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

I wonder if they're all saying to their mum's/sisters/aunt's (I mean all the same person anyway) that this is a sign that this is the year they take over from us 🤣

Ipswich Crazy will by pulling his pud tonight

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Good oh - so when most of Norfolk is under water we’ll just shrug and say it’s ok, our footballers needed to be comfortable.  I’m sure the thousands of displaced people will be fine with it.

[I’ve only flown 7 times in my 52 years, and usually come to games by train - so thankfully can’t be called hypocritical on this🙂].

Edited by Branston Pickle

11 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Mate its been called by a few on here for the past 10 or so years and counting!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ncfcstar said:

Oh dear

I'm sure we'd hammer them if we had Aarons, Tomkinson, Omobamidele, McCullum, Mumba, Gibbs, Clarke, Tzolis, Rowe and Springett... plus whoever I've forgotten!

6 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Presumably that means Idah not travelling to Cardiff then.

Still working back from injury isn't he? Probably felt 90mins run out was better than a few minutes off the bench, especially if it helps to catch him up ready for next week. 

2 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

Good oh - so when most of Norfolk is under water we’ll just shrug and say it’s ok, our footballers needed to be comfortable.  I’m sure the thousands of displaced people will be fine with it.

[I’ve only flown 7 times in my 52 years, and usually come to games by train - so thankfully can’t be called hypocritical on this🙂].

I’ve flown over four hundred times in my life……on helicopters and planes so now don’t fly as statistically I am due a crash! 😉😂😂

6 hours ago, Indy said:

Wouldn’t have lost with Farke in charge! 😉🤪

Was he in the running for U21 coach?

3 hours ago, Heading South said:

Tut tut Van Wink that’s history …….. surely unacceptable to us ?

But..........at least that's within living memory 🤣