Bert

American investment

It’s gone very quiet not just from the club but the journalists who write about the club.

something very odd going on 

1 minute ago, Bert said:

It’s gone very quiet not just from the club but the journalists who write about the club.

Not really, either just a tentative invite to look at our club and not interested in investing at the clubs demands or ongoing negotiations. But people are naïve to think any investment would come without control!

7 minutes ago, Indy said:

Not really, either just a tentative invite to look at our club and not interested in investing at the clubs demands or ongoing negotiations. But people are naïve to think any investment would come without control!

You would think someone would have commented this was the case, there hasn’t been a word either way 

7 minutes ago, Bert said:

One of the recent q&as confirmed it's still bubbling away in the background.

10 minutes ago, Bert said:

Pretty sure someone screen shotted a comment from the live feed the other day. Not to mention, no one is going to want to get silly about this. Neither the club, nor the journo's - especially the local ones.

These things also take time. It's not a case of walking in, dropping a case of cash and job done.

• Like 1

We got a proper bum spanking from Spurs while we rolled over - the club version of scoring an Oggy while being scouted.
Plus Webbo was probably bending their ears about climbing gear, they had decided not to bother before the story even broke so by the time the buzz hit it was a non story.
Keep dreaming people and move along.

Wouldn't surprise me if it gets announced the day after the window shuts but they have already invested. The Sara deal seems strange without external investors or a player sale to fund it. If its announced before the window shuts prices for us suddenly go up. 

• Like 3

Two good things came out of this:

1. Delia & Co. were suddenly revealed as being controlling parties open to outside investment and, presumably, some limitation of that control. A realisation that the self-sufficiency model needed help when trying to even exist in the Premier League.

2. The "investors" involved seemed to be highly credible and a good fit for the club.

We still have the first to be pleased about, at least. The second could take time before being written off as a false dawn.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Wouldn't surprise me if it gets announced the day after the window shuts but they have already invested. The Sara deal seems strange without external investors or a player sale to fund it. If its announced before the window shuts prices for us suddenly go up. 

Several weeks back I wondered If that might be a factor in the lack of news, but then came to the conclusion it probably wasn’t.

With the Sara deal I think what happened was that we initially wanted a loan deal with the option to buy, but Sao Paulo played hardball, because they needed to money straightaway, and so not only insisted on an outright sale but also on a large first instalment, and we were so keen to get the player we agreed.

I don’t think that when we started off negotiations we envisaged handing over so much money so soon…

Webber plays the pauper but, whilst the club isn't exactly rolling in it, I feel that it's a tactic used for reasons either easy or difficult to discern.

("We need to sell in order to buy," remember?)

We have millions in parachute money in the pipeline. Relegation clauses are written within the players' contra|cts (Pukki apart.) We have unloaded a few, sold a few youngsters and, before Sara, had only added a loan player to the books. Season ticket money was mostly in the bank or assured. Ditto sponsorship money and new shirt sales. Sky seem keen to broadcast our games a lot. There is Canary TV to bring in a bit (well if ITFC got £750, 000 from streaming we should get more?)

Also, for a business of the size of NCFC there is no debt with repayments to be met. Admirable, depending upon which way you view it.

I realise there is a massive payroll at Carrow Road, but stretching to the demands of the Sara signing should not have been out of the question. The US interest might have promised funds, but I doubt if they would have pumped millions in before anything was finalised.

Edited by BroadstairsR

The fact that we are still doing business in the transfer window speaks volumes,

If the interest was concrete, that would be stopped.

From what I understood they were only ever going to buy out someone's existing shares so it wouldn't change much anyway

If there was serious Wisconsin interest that change kit would have been olive green and gold. So investment is obviously not happening. 

2 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

The Sara deal (and whatever fees involved with Hayden) has seemingly taken up our whole transfer budget, it might seem big as one deal but overall it's not a massive spend.

2 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

1. Delia & Co. were suddenly revealed as being controlling parties open to outside investment and, presumably, some limitation of that control. A realisation that the self-sufficiency model needed help when trying to even exist in the Premier League

How did you work that one out, it was Foulgers shareholding they were considering purchasing, Delia and husband have no control whatsoever over who Foulger sells to. There is no evidence at all that they would follow up this acquisition with any capital injection into the club.

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

How did you work that one out, it was Foulgers shareholding they were considering purchasing, Delia and husband have no control whatsoever over who Foulger sells to. There is no evidence at all that they would follow up this acquisition with any capital injection into the club.

You know as much as me, which is f-all.

The fact that an American contingent were so well looked after during their visit to Carrow Road, the fact that this was so well publicised as some sort of partial takeover of the club leaves little to work out. Something is on the cards, evidence enough.

The Foulger involvement came later and was suggested by some as a route in for the Americans. Why on earth would they have come in force from the US just to purchase  a minority shareholding?

Why do you think that they travelled, with solicitors, accountants, advisers, to England just to purchase Foulger's shares? Makes little sense from any point of view you wish to chose, but certainly not from a business angle. There would be no investment (profit) sense in that, and certainly little control over their money.

Something is afoot here. Whether it materialises or not is another thing.

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

The Foulger involvement came later and was suggested by some as a route in for the Americans. Why on earth would they have come in force from the US just to purchase  a minority shareholding?

Why do you think that they travelled, with solicitors, accountants, advisers, to England just to purchase Foulger's shares? Makes little sense from any point of view you wish to chose, but certainly not from a business angle. There would be no investment (profit) sense in that, and certainly little control over their money.

A far to sensible take on it in a sea of rumours surrounding Michael Foulger. Where the devil it all started that Foulger was  selling his shares to the yanks is even a mystery to him.

3 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

A far to sensible take on it in a sea of rumours surrounding Michael Foulger. Where the devil it all started that Foulger was  selling his shares to the yanks is even a mystery to him.

Came from Matt Slater of the Athletic who wrote the article when Michael Bailey was on holiday,  then was copied everywhere ,  wonder where he got it from, guess we'll find out eventually  

12 hours ago, CDMullins said:

The fact that we are still doing business in the transfer window speaks volumes,

If the interest was concrete, that would be stopped.

I don't understand why that would be the case.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Diane said:

Came from Matt Slater of the Athletic who wrote the article when Michael Bailey was on holiday,  then was copied everywhere ,  wonder where he got it from, guess we'll find out eventually  

Oh come on, Diane! We all know it was you laying a false off-the-record trail for Slater to direct attention away from the shadowy shareholder who actually is selling to the Americans at a vast profit...🤓

Edited by PurpleCanary

48 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Oh come on, Diane! We all know it was you laying a false off-the-record trail for Slater to direct attention away from the shadowy shareholder who actually is selling to the Americans at a vast profit...🤓

But are they able to keep his season ticket for life?

Edited by cornish sam
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, PurpleCanary said:

I don't understand why that would be the case.

Because that's what happens on Football Manager 😉😁, I agree though business wouldn't stop due to potential investors coming on board. 

2 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

Because that's what happens on Football Manager 😉😁, I agree though business wouldn't stop due to potential investors coming on board. 

And Football Manager is what exactly?🤓

57 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

And Football Manager is what exactly?🤓

Something on Tik Tok I'd hazard a guess purple..... 

• Haha 1