Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Forest really splashing the cash

11 hours ago, Virtual reality said:

Man City have a squad that boasts multiple players that would command £200 million transfer fees. They got Haarland cheap because of a release fee, he would have cost near Forests entire spend alone. 

It's not just about fees, it's about wages. Forest are committing to huge amounts on future wages - if they don't survive this season, the club must be in danger. They had an operating loss of £34m for the y/e June 2021 which was offset in part by the sale of Cash and a loan write off. That included a wage bill of £37m. Their wage bill must now be something around £120- £150m. Much more than they can ever hope to get as income if they get relegated. The club will be in real trouble. Exactly what our owners have said many times they are not prepared to risk.

13 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

Forest are hilarious. A very strong rumour about their owner which, if it even contains a grain of truth, will see them crash and burn before Christmas. Even if there is nothing iffy about it, they have no chance of integrating all these players. I know it's only a few games, but so far they are 3 points better off than us last season.

When you sign 20 players, it's not really the team that got promoted. I'd love to see them relegated, and I still think they will be.

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2022/05/31/nottingham-forest-news-marinakis-investigation/

22 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

Even if there is nothing iffy about it, they have no chance of integrating all these players.

I don't know, footballers are generally a pretty adaptable bunch. If the Batshuayi deal comes off I think it will be 18 new additions in the first team squad, and I'm sure enough of them will gel to keep them up.

Just now, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I don't know, footballers are generally a pretty adaptable bunch. If the Batshuayi deal comes off I think it will be 18 new additions in the first team squad, and I'm sure enough of them will gel to keep them up.

It's being quoted as 20 or 21 new signings - it must be Steve Coopers good looks that are attracting them all.

1 minute ago, PockthorpePete said:

It's being quoted as 20 or 21 new signings - it must be Steve Coopers good looks that are attracting them all.

Oh yeah, it's definitely well into the twenties, but some of them are youngsters who have already gone out on loan. I just totted up how many are actually in the squad, and I made it 17, soon to be 18 with Batshuayi.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Another two signings, just incase you thought signing two whole teams worth of players already was not enough..

Fück me dead 

There's nothing wrong with what Forest have done, but there's also everything wrong with what Forest have done. It's essentially an evolution of Wolves tapping that Raiola to establish themselves in the PL.

Get promoted, buy a new team. Not really in the spirit of football is it.

It seems we are not losing anyone of note in the last 90 or so minutes. On that basis this is the best summer transfer window since the Buendia-Pukki-Krul incomings of 2018, and may prove to be even more consequential.

No-one gone we didn't want to see gone and the significant business done early, with the arrival of a potential starting-eleven midfield spine of Hayden, Sara and Nunez. Plus a no-option-to-buy loan deal that gives Tzolis a chance to prove himself for us for next season.

From comments made it would appear Smith feels they can get Rashida going. Once Hayden, Giannoulis, McCallum, Gibbs, Sorensen, Springett and Rowe are back we will simply overwhelm teams with the 16 players allowed. As in the last 2 games.

It may be an obvious point but it seems Boly was very keen to ditch Wolves  for Forest that suggests they are also paying big money in wages. Let’s hope there is a plan if they go down for the fans sake.

2 minutes ago, Ulfotto said:

It may be an obvious point but it seems Boly was very keen to ditch Wolves  for Forest that suggests they are also paying big money in wages. Let’s hope there is a plan if they go down for the fans sake.

Are there any currently urging caution ?

Edited by PockthorpePete

10 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

It seems we are not losing anyone of note in the last 90 or so minutes. On that basis this is the best summer transfer window since the Buendia-Pukki-Krul incomings of 2018, and may prove to be even more consequential.

No-one gone we didn't want to see gone and the significant business done early, with the arrival of a potential starting-eleven midfield spine of Hayden, Sara and Nunez. Plus a no-option-to-buy loan deal that gives Tzolis a chance to prove himself for us for next season.

Think that says everything about our season last year to be honest. The only player I would be sad to see go, based on the start of this season, is Max Aarons. The rest, sadly even Pukki now, are replaceable. 

Glad Rashica is staying. Let's hope Deano can get him firing.

The Bundesliga transfer window has slammed shut and as far as we all know Rashica and Max are still here 😀

Edited by Capt. Pants

14 minutes ago, Ulfotto said:

he refused to turn up for a match - not the kind of player you want in a long relegation scrap season

3 minutes ago, If wed kept Howie.. said:

he refused to turn up for a match - not the kind of player you want in a long relegation scrap season

Yeah throw in Lingard and Aurier what could possibly go wrong.

1 hour ago, sgncfc said:

Forest are hilarious. A very strong rumour about their owner which, if it even contains a grain of truth, will see them crash and burn before Christmas. Even if there is nothing iffy about it, they have no chance of integrating all these players. I know it's only a few games, but so far they are 3 points better off than us last season.

When you sign 20 players, it's not really the team that got promoted. I'd love to see them relegated, and I still think they will be.

I’ll bet you they won’t. 

On 30/08/2022 at 11:23, PurpleCanary said:

And the ex-player pundits will often have played for one or other of the big clubs - partly why they get chosen in the first place - and so still follow what goes on there. I don't know but offhand I cannot think of someone who mainly played for us who then ended up as a national pundit.

Certainly Chris Sutton, Dion Dublin and Dean Ashton at a push

If they do go down I'm sure they'll point to the failure to bring in Batshuayi.

He would've really made them a force to be reckoned with. Probably the final piece in the jigsaw, definitely a statement of intent, never has a club shown that they really want to make a go of it.

But now that deal has fallen through all the good work to get to this point could come tumbling down like a pack of cards, you have to feel sorry for them, they were so close but without Batshuayi it all seems a bit pointless.

Steve Cooper has the unenviable task of breaking the Batshuayi news to the squad in training this morning, I understand several grief councillors are available for the players, let's hope they pull through.   

• Haha 1