Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Forest really splashing the cash

1 minute ago, Herman said:

How much did they spend in the end?😬😀

There's still today to go, loads of time to bring in about 5 or 6 new signings. 😀

• Haha 1

I want Forest to go down. Not because I have anything against them specifically, but because if they survive it will increase the criticism on clubs like ours who are not willing to risk their entire existence in order to finish 17th.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

There's still today to go, loads of time to bring in about 5 or 6 new signings. 😀

That’s a lot of hambition. 

1 hour ago, Virtual reality said:

Anyone judging their spending against a 6-0 hammering at Man City needs a reality check. Judge it on where they finish at the end of the season 

It should be a concern for football in this country in general that a team can spend circa £200 million on strengthening their team and yet they're still that far away from a team like Man City. "Competitive league" apparently..

• Like 3

1 hour ago, canarybubbles said:

I want Forest to go down. Not because I have anything against them specifically, but because if they survive it will increase the criticism on clubs like ours who are not willing to risk their entire existence in order to finish 17th.

I sort of agree people seem to have short memories and seem to have forgotten already  Fulham 100 million spend which got them nowhere.

People also forget Man City have spend circa 150 million each year for the last ten years.

Edited by Ulfotto

There's no doubt that the expectation will be that we will have to exceed the what '£70m' we spent last time. Plus we won't have an Emi £35m to net that down. We do have 9 players out of contract though so we could see a massive change in playing personnel.

1 hour ago, Virtual reality said:

Anyone judging their spending against a 6-0 hammering at Man City needs a reality check. Judge it on where they finish at the end of the season 

Where's the bloody fun in that? 

1 hour ago, canarybubbles said:

Absolutely 100% behind this. 

Unfortunately I don't think it will kill the argument by the wider football knuckle draggers that "money and spending lots of it = Giving it ago at staying up (looking at you Jamie O'Hara) 

I think all it will do is make the same people just say well they didn't spend the money 'well' but at least they showed the right attitude etc. 

8 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

There's no doubt that the expectation will be that we will have to exceed the what '£70m' we spent last time. Plus we won't have an Emi £35m to net that down. We do have 9 players out of contract though so we could see a massive change in playing personnel.

I think that the club has made a serious effort to bring in some quasi Premier League players in the likes of Nunez and others this transfer window, at an earlier stage of development. I'm looking at this season in some respects as a very long Premier League pre-season that gives us a chance to form something that has a better chance of surviving in the Premier League without wholesale change. 

42 minutes ago, hogesar said:

It should be a concern for football in this country in general that a team can spend circa £200 million on strengthening their team and yet they're still that far away from a team like Man City. "Competitive league" apparently..

Man City have a squad that boasts multiple players that would command £200 million transfer fees. They got Haarland cheap because of a release fee, he would have cost near Forests entire spend alone. 

8 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Forest will stay up at a canter imo, can see them 11th-13th by the end of the season. 

Agreed, I think they’ll do well at home especially once their new squad bed in. 

All good if the Fulham, Forest and beloved Brentford stay up. But who will go down in their place?

Bournemouth, Bournemouth and Bournemouth?

Edited by nutty nigel

2 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

All good if the Fulham, Forest and beloved Brentford stay up. But who will go down in their place?

Bournemouth, Bournemouth and Bournemouth?

Everton

2 hours ago, Haus said:

Everton

That would be enjoyable but it really should have happened last season. I also can't see how they have got away with the state of their finances.

Bournemouth, Everton and...

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

That would be enjoyable but it really should have happened last season. I also can't see how they have got away with the state of their finances.

Bournemouth, Everton and...

Leeds 

• Like 1

How many of the players Forest have bought will end up at Olympiacos on loan for the rest of the season.

Very useful if your owner owns two clubs isn't it.

Would be good to see a few establishment clubs in trouble, Everton, Villa. I’m always cautious so my current anxiety is the way we are beginning to talk about our next promotion, expectations etc.

Noticed Bailey was openly in this camp, but also suggested that there only about 5 good clubs in this division. He should know, but early days for me. He may also be right that the time has gone when you prepare for top tier in 2nd Tier - it may be that now one basically has to overhaul; a new unwelcome development for us old schoolers. I was one naive so and so and under Farke’s first promotion I thought that that core team would ‘give it a go’. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Another one! Jesus wept

'Hello, Steve here, any chance of us signing that Jesus Wept fellow. I'm told he regularly plays for Mexico'

Edited by PockthorpePete
  • Haha 1

Now signing Batshuiyi apparently from Chelsea!

Thats 20 signings, so how the hell are they going to keep everybody happy? Are they playing on a rota basis? 🤣🤣🤣

Forest are hilarious. A very strong rumour about their owner which, if it even contains a grain of truth, will see them crash and burn before Christmas. Even if there is nothing iffy about it, they have no chance of integrating all these players. I know it's only a few games, but so far they are 3 points better off than us last season.

When you sign 20 players, it's not really the team that got promoted. I'd love to see them relegated, and I still think they will be.