Sign in to follow this  
Maltesecanary

Rothwell To Sign Tomorrow ?

Rothwell and Hayden as a midfield duo would be a massive upgrade on anything we could field this/last season and we're playing a league lower.

It's looking like both our Championship 20/21 and 22/23 teams will  be substantially better than the EPL team sandwiched in between.

That would be a good signing, here’s hoping.

Edit: Would also be a little funny if we stole in and took him from Forrest when they apparently did that to Rangers.

Edited by Monty13

Be surprised if he's coming here. Would think the newly promoted teams would fancy him.

Looks like it's from the NorwichPure kid who splits his time retweeting for Fifa points and making stuff up.

To say I'd be surprised if this came off would be an understatement. No dice.

7 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

And this rumour has come from NorwichPure which is just a click bait site. 

Past hits include...

Yeah they got a hit with that video of Webber reacting to the fan protest and now seem to think they are some ITK news account. Absolute fantasists.

11 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Obviously we've missed out on this transfer target because the Sporting Director has been climbing mountains, if Webber had been chained to his magic desk 24/7 then Joe would be telling us what great facilities we have and how he's looking forward to another season in the Championship instead of playing for a Premier League team.

Now Webber will be scrabbling around trying to find a payphone or standing on a chair in base camp to get a signal on his Nokia 3310 to implement plan B.

• Haha 3

Decent signing, not quite Premier Leauge quality but a solid Championship player and but I would take happily take a scarecrow over Gilmour and McLean.

Only worry is that he's closely linked to Forest too..

I love how all of these things make out as if teams are swooping in as if it's always last minute. He's been able to talk to other clubs since January, as per the rules. So it's unlikely he would be waiting for someone to come in for him. In all likelihood, it's probably more to do with teams making an offer based on where they'll be and just waiting for the season to finish. He's also probably on holiday.

If he goes to Forest, I doubt we were after him.

1 hour ago, Maltesecanary said:

Twitter News 👀 

If that's come from NorwichPure you can assume that's made up.

34 minutes ago, chicken said:

I love how all of these things make out as if teams are swooping in as if it's always last minute. He's been able to talk to other clubs since January, as per the rules. So it's unlikely he would be waiting for someone to come in for him. In all likelihood, it's probably more to do with teams making an offer based on where they'll be and just waiting for the season to finish. He's also probably on holiday.

True, but would we have wanted him in the Premier League? I doubt it

37 minutes ago, chicken said:

Not strictly true

In the English leagues a player can talk to non English teams in the final 6 months of his deal but can't speak to other English teams until the final month.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, king canary said:

Not strictly true

In the English leagues a player can talk to non English teams in the final 6 months of his deal but can't speak to other English teams until the final month.

Have you got a link for that? The Bosman rules I have read say ANY player 23yrs or older are able to sign a precontract agreement with another club whilst in the last six months of their contract. I'd be interested to see if this wasn't permitted domestically. 

Edited by chicken

8 minutes ago, chicken said:

Have you got a link for that? The Bosman rules I have read say ANY player 23yrs or older are able to sign a precontract agreement with another club whilst in the last six months of their contract. I'd be interested to see if this wasn't permitted domestically. 

You'll have to forgive that the best summary I can find is from the Sun but...

Can Premier League players agree pre-contracts with other Premier League clubs?

Premier League players can agree pre-contracts with any club in England, but only up to one month before the expiry of their current deals (effectively meaning pre-contracts can only be agreed at the end of a season).

This is because domestic transfers are regulated by each country's football associations rather than Fifa.

The FA restrict pre-contracts between English clubs as they are keen to avoid any conflicts of interests should a player play against his future club.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/10710538/pre-contract-eriksen-inter-man-utd-tottenham-transfer/#:~:text=Can Premier League players agree,the end of a season).

Just now, king canary said:

You'll have to forgive that the best summary I can find is from the Sun but...

Can Premier League players agree pre-contracts with other Premier League clubs?

Premier League players can agree pre-contracts with any club in England, but only up to one month before the expiry of their current deals (effectively meaning pre-contracts can only be agreed at the end of a season).

This is because domestic transfers are regulated by each country's football associations rather than Fifa.

The FA restrict pre-contracts between English clubs as they are keen to avoid any conflicts of interests should a player play against his future club.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/10710538/pre-contract-eriksen-inter-man-utd-tottenham-transfer/#:~:text=Can Premier League players agree,the end of a season).

Thanks, despite much googling, I could only see last 6mths everywhere. 

7 minutes ago, chicken said:

Thanks, despite much googling, I could only see last 6mths everywhere. 

I don't know if many other FA's do the same with internal transfers but I remember it pretty much always being the case in this country.

49 minutes ago, king canary said:

Not strictly true

49 minutes ago, king canary said:

Not strictly true

Beat me to it.

Here's a decent link:

https://theathletic.com/3321832/2022/05/20/football-retained-list-brutal?source=user-shared-article

"Players can speak to overseas clubs during the final six months of a contract but, domestically, they can speak to other clubs only after the deadline." 

The deadline in question is the third Saturday in May, when the retained list must be published (for clubs still competing in the Playoffs, the deadline is four days after their final match).

Edited by Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Decent signing, not quite Premier Leauge quality but a solid Championship player and but I would take happily take a scarecrow over Gilmour and McLean.

Only worry is that he's closely linked to Forest too..

To be fair it’s McLean has been solid in his last two championship campaigns 

3 hours ago, chicken said:

If Football Manager is anything to go by, then Kingy is right 😁

2 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

If Football Manager is anything to go by, then Kingy is right 😁

You'd be a long time finding a player playing in England signing a pre contract 6 months before it ends, with another English side.

Just now, Move Klose said:

You'd be a long time finding a player playing in England signing a pre contract 6 months before it ends, with another English side.

Which is exactly what Kingy said that I'm agreeing with 🙄

• Like 1