cambridgeshire canary

Webbers full interview, out now

48 minutes ago, hertfordyellow said:

I have spent quite a bit of effort on this forum defending Webber against some pretty wild criticism. He will leave the club in a better position than before he came. It is hard to argue he hasn’t.

That said, my enthusiasm to defend him Has waived and this interview doesn’t do anything to change that.

I get that he can’t pick out players and say they were rubbish but some acknowledgement that they collectively have been lacking wouldn’t be amiss.

It left me quite unsure about the future as I found it represented a distorted reality and of a board very much out of step with its fans and community.

This is largely where I sit too. Up until about Jan/Feb I was a staunch defender but wavered somewhat when the new signings under a new manager continued to look ****e. The Times interview combined with this one though have made me shift more towards 'time to go.'

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

If this interview had been anymore soft ball, she'd have been asking the questions while tossing him off wearing a silk glove.

Read/watch any interview he's done in the last few years and you knew exactly what you were going to get - this one just happens to have been stage managed to within an inch of its life.

I'm amazed that any of you, whatever you think of Webber, are taking anything from this interview at all.

OTBC

Literally what I said earlier. Sounds just like the Prexit interview of 19/20. Except this time he says the signings were ok. Rather than the rhetoric of war. 

I feel like nothing is going to change. It feels like Boris Johnson is in charge of my football club. I feel like I’m taking crazy pills. 

image.gif.8483b5420ed0c516bb89a9c62a2e95f3.gif

• Like 2

1 hour ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

Why not? Isn’t that what this site is for debate? 🤷‍♂️

Fair enough, here goes with defending the indefensible.

1) Our current squad is valued at 15M more than it was in 19.20

2) We have 1 more point than season 19.20

3) Our training facilities are better

4) it was easier to get occasional tickets at Carrow Road,

24 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

If this interview had been anymore soft ball, she'd have been asking the questions while tossing him off wearing a silk glove.

Read/watch any interview he's done in the last few years and you knew exactly what you were going to get - this one just happens to have been stage managed to within an inch of its life.

I'm amazed that any of you, whatever you think of Webber, are taking anything from this interview at all.

OTBC

Tossing or blowing Dale? I’d pay to view to watch either. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Based on what metric?

By the standard of first team 11. Probably not in terms of facilities but I felt more comfortable going down knowing we had players like Jonny Howson than I do with the current bunch. 

13 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

Fair enough, here goes with defending the indefensible.

1) Our current squad is valued at 15M more than it was in 19.20

2) We have 1 more point than season 19.20

3) Our training facilities are better

4) it was easier to get occasional tickets at Carrow Road,

1) inflation - my car costs 75% more to fill up now than it did then so only a reasonable assumption player values would rise at a proportional rate

2) we spent 58 million more for 1 extra point. 

3) I agree 

4) it’s always been hard to get more occasional tickets for as long as I can remember with the short exception being under grant and roeder. 

4 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

That's not true and you know it. As it is you worked the alternative out yourself. You get a receipt if Hoggy wants to see it.

You're obviously going to double down on me being "my unhelpful best once again" despite what I have actually done concerning you and pledges. I don't know why I got upset about it TBH. It's not like anyone else has said it over all these years. So carry on regardless...

I’d only show you it Nutty, because we’re close. I paid £50 btw, hope you believe me. 

7 hours ago, hogesar said:

I'm the same. He does say stuff which I almost wonder if it's designed to wind up the people he wants to wind up. A little immature, but equally a little funny. 🙂

6 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

He is some fine Angler alright. So good in fact, that he gets bites from the same fish time and time again. If he reads this forum, which I doubt, then he'll be chuckling to himself at the outrage. I don't think he wants to be loved, he wants to be successful and those two things don't necessarily go hand in hand....and I doubt it bothers him one iota.

I’m interested in these comments…

For a man who speaks of togetherness and bringing people together you’d really think he’d be a bit more careful wouldn’t you? This thread is a good example as it appears to have enraged plenty of very reasonable posters on here. I doubt his comments were aimed at @king canaryor @Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB, for instance. It’s another poor move and certainly not remotely ‘funny’ move to me…

For a man who is well aware of how his off the cuff press comments have gone down in the past (and was literally asked to comment on it in this very interview), then you’d think he might have learned something by now, especially with the safety net of an in-house setting. Maybe just try to go the whole 30 minutes without any pettiness, Stuart? Maybe try to swallow your pride for a second and realise your own role in the toxicity you are creating amongst fans?

But if he is really just being ‘open and honest’ or ‘authentic’ - rather than just winding up fans for a laugh as suggested - then I’m quite concerned he reads the situation as he does; I.e. as fans ‘giving up’ or local media ‘going at the club’, rather than a totally understandable and expected reaction to a VERY turgid start to the season (which never really got better). For the most part the fans have been great IMO, much better support than probably any other club in the prem would’ve got for the same ****.

The Leicester away game was absolute testament to that. I can see Webber also acknowledges this subsequently in the interview which is good, just a shame it had to come alongside some backhanded comments too. As per…

Even without all the pettiness and the nonsense little excuses - and there was a lot of both (the comment about never playing teams at the ‘right time’ was actually hilarious because we’ve made a habit of breaking teams bad runs all season) - I just find the overall tone towards the club a bit demoralising at this point. Talking of how unbelievably difficult it is for a club ‘like us’ to compete, how big a step it is for us to stay in the PL, how every single detail and outcome in the season has to go our way, how if we tried anything else and it went the wrong the club would ‘stop existing’, seriously?? Brentford just doubled our points total in their first promotion to the top league in about 70 years having spent a similar amount! They didn’t need every single moment to go their way, in fact they sustained 2 shocking runs of form and their own injury crisis without the wheels coming totally off. Fortunately for them they were due to play at Carrow Road soon afterwards the second time…

Our finances put us amongst the teams at the bottom of the prem. We didn’t spend anything significant in 19/20 and effectively ‘banked’ a relegation purely to come back stronger. When are we going to be able to do that again? We are (were) not that far away financially at all. We choose to spend it how we do. There’s no financial barrier stopping us from doing a Brentford or a Burnley / Watford (in recent seasons). And I doubt their clubs are constantly harping on about how impossible a task it was.

This whole attitude of inferiority must permeate the club by this point. It explains Farke’s ridiculous interviews against the top sides at the start of the season and writing off our first 4 games, it explains why players just rolled over and accepted the defeats mentally behind the scenes, it explains why fans became solemn and apathetic in terms of support, everything through the club right now. 

All of that said… I’m okay with seeing him stay for the rebuild next year, but feel like too many bridges may have already been burnt at this point with fans / the media. He’s on thin ice and it doesn’t really feel like he wants to thicken it up all that much…

And I don’t really foresee how we can bounce back and do better, how are we going to shake the scars of the last 2 PL outings? I’ve said before but it feels like an immediate return to the PL next season would be too soon. The national media will be to on us from the get go, the players will be affected by past experiences, the fans will too. It almost seems better that we don’t, have a few seasons off, before coming back once again with a much fresher group of players and atmosphere around the club. The money from an instant bounce back is great, sure, but will dropping straight back down again help us in our future goals of going up and staying up? 

• Like 4

Poor interview, full of arrogance, doesn’t like being challenged, blames others .

What was your plan when you sacked Farke, because it wasn’t Dean Smith?

Have you spent our money wisely?

So Norwich  is a mid Championship club?

Norwich is a town?

‘I don’t care’

The guy needs challenging but is a coward to to face real questions.

25 minutes ago, king canary said:

This is largely where I sit too. Up until about Jan/Feb I was a staunch defender but wavered somewhat when the new signings under a new manager continued to look ****e. The Times interview combined with this one though have made me shift more towards 'time to go.'

For me the biggest thing is if Webber left today, he would leave the club significantly better both off and on the pitch than it was when he joined - and that's after a dismal relegation.

If we get promoted next season and the likes of Rashica,  Sargent and Tzolis have good seasons then he leaves, he will have left it in a completely different planet to where it was when he first joined the club.

He certainly has drawbacks and winding up the fans is one of them (although they're no better themselves, its his job to rise above it). But overall the main thing I believe about Webber is he doesn't go for short term wins to boost his own position. Everything he has done has involved protecting the club long-term and thats incredibly rare to find.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I’d only show you it Nutty, because we’re close. I paid £50 btw, hope you believe me. 

I don't want to see it. It was never to do with me and the fact it involved you made me regret being dragged in. You pre-empted my solution so the only harm is you saying "I was at my unhelpful best as usual" but as many have since pointed out that doesn't seem to be the view of others for over 15 years. So crack on with it...

6 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

For a man who speaks of togetherness and bringing people together you’d really think he’d be a bit more careful wouldn’t you? This thread is a good example as it appears to have enraged plenty of very reasonable posters on here. I doubt his comments were aimed at @king canaryor @Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB, for instance. It’s another poor move and certainly not remotely ‘funny’ move to me…

For a man who is well aware of how his off the cuff press comments have gone down in the past (and was literally asked to comment on it in this very interview), then you’d think he might have learned something by now, especially with the safety net of an in-house setting. Maybe just try to go the whole 30 minutes without any pettiness, Stuart? Maybe try to swallow your pride for a second and realise your own role in the toxicity you are creating amongst fans?

But if he is really just being ‘open and honest’ or ‘authentic’ - rather than just winding up fans for a laugh as suggested - then I’m quite concerned he reads the situation as he does; I.e. as fans ‘giving up’ or local media ‘going at the club’, rather than a totally understandable and expected reaction to a VERY turgid start to the season (which never really got better). For the most part the fans have been great IMO, much better support than probably any other club in the prem would’ve got for the same ****.

The Leicester away game was absolute testament to that. I can see Webber also acknowledges this subsequently in the interview which is good, just a shame it had to come alongside some backhanded comments too. As per…

Even without all the pettiness and the nonsense little excuses - and there was a lot of both (the comment about never playing teams at the ‘right time’ was actually hilarious because we’ve made a habit of breaking teams bad runs all season) - I just find the overall tone towards the club a bit demoralising at this point. Talking of how unbelievably difficult it is for a club ‘like us’ to compete, how big a step it is for us to stay in the PL, how every single detail and outcome in the season has to go our way, how if we tried anything else and it went the wrong the club would ‘stop existing’, seriously?? Brentford just doubled our points total in their first promotion to the top league in about 70 years having spent a similar amount! They didn’t need every single moment to go their way, in fact they sustained 2 shocking runs of form and their own injury crisis without the wheels coming totally off. Fortunately for them they were due to play at Carrow Road soon afterwards the second time…

Our finances put us amongst the teams at the bottom of the prem. We didn’t spend anything significant in 19/20 and effectively ‘banked’ a relegation purely to come back stronger. When are we going to be able to do that again? We are (were) not that far away financially at all. We choose to spend it how we do. There’s no financial barrier stopping us from doing a Brentford or a Burnley / Watford (in recent seasons). And I doubt their clubs are constantly harping on about how impossible a task it was.

This whole attitude of inferiority must permeate the club by this point. It explains Farke’s ridiculous interviews against the top sides at the start of the season and writing off our first 4 games, it explains why players just rolled over and accepted the defeats mentally behind the scenes, it explains why fans became solemn and apathetic in terms of support, everything through the club right now. 

All of that said… I’m okay with seeing him stay for the rebuild next year, but feel like too many bridges may have already been burnt at this point with fans / the media. He’s on thin ice and it doesn’t really feel like he wants to thicken it up all that much…

And I don’t really foresee how we can bounce back and do better, how are we going to shake the scars of the last 2 PL outings? I’ve said before but it feels like an immediate return to the PL next season would be too soon. The national media will be to on us from the get go, the players will be affected by past experiences, the fans will too. It almost seems better that we don’t, have a few seasons off, before coming back once again with a much fresher group of players and atmosphere around the club. The money from an instant bounce back is great, sure, but will dropping straight back down again help us in our future goals of going up and staying up? 

There's more than a whiff of Jose Moaninho about our Stuart. I don't think he says much In public that he hasn't considered long and hard. He's certainly as conceited. 

I cant help feeling webber has missed a number of points, he said after the last relegation that if anyone was to blame it was him for sending farke to war with no bullets in his gun. If anything this year was worse as he gave him a loaded gun but loaded with blanks. He learnt nothing from the previous recruitment, we needed more fire power more physicality in the centre . Any fan who has watched in the last 3 years  identified these failings.  He had to get rid of farke if not it would suggest he had bought a load of misfiring players who werent ready or good enough to compete. 
he brought in a proven experienced manager. Can anyone tell me that smith got any better performace from these players than farke. So we return to the same conclusion recruitment not good enough, but worse lack of system effort and any real hope to add as well under smith. To blame fans for giving up is just contemptible and that on its own makes his position untenable.. in the whole interview there is one truth that if you dont like it you can vote with your feet. Well after having had three season ticket for 30 years im going to take his advice. I will of course support my team from a distance but when the reward for a really successful season is a year of humiliation p*** poor performances and a league stinking of privilege, questionable owners, var and refereeing decisions i think at least for a while im done. Dont feel great about it but  1600 quid to be told we gave up and to vote with our feet if we dint like it is arrogant and stinks of the same detached remote privilege as those elite clubs in the premier league perhaps he is ready for a job at a big club ego and attitude to supporters is certainly spot on 

4 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I don't want to see it. It was never to do with me and the fact it involved you made me regret being dragged in. You pre-empted my solution so the only harm is you saying "I was at my unhelpful best as usual" but as many have since pointed out that doesn't seem to be the view of others for over 15 years. So crack on with it...

Glad we’re still friends, I’ll let you crack on. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Yeah I don't get the idea that him saying stuff that 'gets bites' from the people who's support and money the club needs to be successful like a low grade Internet troll is somehow a good thing. I'd want the guy in charge of the club to be somewhat above that sort of nonsense.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Best off watching the interview.

You will still consider him a disingenuous ego maniac and charlatan, but the article quotes were a bit selective and did him no favours.

I got 15 mins in but then had to switch it off. Disgraceful.

Just now, WD40 said:

I got 15 mins in but then had to switch it off. Disgraceful.

Gave up before half way🙄 He was right all along…😉

• Like 1

Just now, Duncan Edwards said:

Gave up before half way🙄 He was right all along…😉

I agree with some posters that there was probably nothing he could say that would convince me he should stay, but I wasn’t expecting that insult of an interview. Takes us for mugs. I will never forgive this. 

1 minute ago, WD40 said:

I agree with some posters that there was probably nothing he could say that would convince me he should stay, but I wasn’t expecting that insult of an interview. Takes us for mugs. I will never forgive this. 

You will. You’ll be a Norwich fan long after Webber has gone, this interview and last season for that matter, are largely forgotten.

It’s all a bit raw at the moment and nothing he said, no matter who to, would change that or put out the flames of anger felt by a good few people. 

10 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

You will. You’ll be a Norwich fan long after Webber has gone, this interview and last season for that matter, are largely forgotten.

It’s all a bit raw at the moment and nothing he said, no matter who to, would change that or put out the flames of anger felt by a good few people. 

Nope, and from that point of view it was a waste of time even bothering although it does answer in my view the will he / won't he stay next season and thankfully that looks like being a yes.

I get the whole fan outrage thing is quite in nowadays but I keep getting flashbacks to the start of our championship season last time when I was defending both Webber and Farke on here, who after dominating but losing against Derby I think it was a couple games in, were classed by some of the same posters on this thread as 

1) busted flushes

2) one lucky promotion,  Farke can't get the team promoted a second time because he's not good enough.

3) the last promotion was easy and lucky, we don't stand a chance this time around

4) Ipswich will be ahead of us in 12 months 

5) Fire sale, Max, Todd, Emi and Pukki are all going to be sold and we will be lucky to stay in the champs this season.

Of course,  we then won the title at a canter.

• Like 2

I think we've moved on from the Championship debate. Evidence shows Webber is successful at this level.

But if he stays and we get promoted, does anyone really expect anything other than another humiliating 21/22 point haul?

I would rather reset with a new DoF (just not Adams). We may have to wait for promotion. But if it puts us in a position to genuinely be competitive in the Premier League, it will be worth it.

If you think back to the 2017/18 season he got well wrong with fans in an interview where he suggested that we'd played really good football during the first half of a game we drew 0-0 (Bolton I think) and if fans don't agree they should go and watch another team!

The next season he was awarded God like status but he is the type where it will never take much for the fans to turn. If we do well next season it'll go quiet but there will always be a down turn and the first sign of one will see the fans on his back. We had one like that before, his name was Robert Chase with whom we were never more than a bad run away from a protest.

By 'like him' I mean by upsetting the fans. Not like him character wise although there are some traits...

Edited by nutty nigel

2 hours ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

We needed a CB though last summer that was clear, not sure who else would of come with our wage structure and recruiting structure 

How many games did Kabak play? 10? In those how well did he play? Cahill went to Bournemouth so we can’t assess how he would’ve been in the epl but assuming Bournemouth who we beat 6-0 wouldn’t be a strong epl side I’m unconvinced he would be value for money either. So in short. Neither and I’d rather have Sorensen there once it was clear Omo was injured 

9 hours ago, king canary said:

Yep

Equally his claim we gave up too soon doesn't stand up to scrutiny, nor his claim the majority of fans stayed to back to the team after Spurs. 

That claim about the number of fans that stayed to applaud after the Spurs game is a downright lie, the majority had clearly left, a lot before the game had even ended. 

And you can add in:

Referring to Norwich as a town

Wittering one about competing with Manchester City and Liverpool and glossing over the fact Brentford managed to stay up

The only things in the interview I agreed with were his right to a persona life, absolutely no issue with that at all or his trek to Everest and the fact the facilities at Colney and the youth set up is top class. The rest was a load of old delusional, egotistical tosh full of contradictions and his total disdain for the lifeblood of the club, the fans was evident to me...........

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:

How many games did Kabak play? 10? In those how well did he play? Cahill went to Bournemouth so we can’t assess how he would’ve been in the epl but assuming Bournemouth who we beat 6-0 wouldn’t be a strong epl side I’m unconvinced he would be value for money either. So in short. Neither and I’d rather have Sorensen there once it was clear Omo was injured 

Well Cahill had played at high prem level for all his career his experience and nouse would of been a welcome addition to a young squad that lacked a lot of top level experience in my opinion. Was good enough for palace the season before in a similar role. 

2 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

That claim about the number of fans that stayed to applaud after the Spurs game is a downright lie, the majority had clearly left, a lot before the game had even ended. 

And you can add in:

Referring to Norwich as a town

Wittering one about competing with Manchester City and Liverpool and glossing over the fact Brentford managed to stay up

The only things in the interview I agreed with were his right to a persona life, absolutely no issue with that at all or his trek to Everest and the fact the facilities at Colney and the youth set up is top class. The rest was a load of old delusional, egotistical tosh full of contradictions and his total disdain for the lifeblood of the club, the fans was evident to me...........

For heavens sake, did Sinatra get strung up for getting to Vegas as ‘this town’ when it’s a city? Of course not because he didn’t mean town. ‘Town’ is a colloquial term for any large settlement and I say I’m going into town when I’m going to the city, I don’t have some kind of inferiority complex about it and I was born and raised in norwich. 

oh wait sorry, I didn’t capitalise the N. Heads will roll 😂

’Brentford managed to stay up’ is a thinly veiled ‘why aren’t we Brentford?’ 

Basically his closing lines were about how the fans are the lifeblood of the club and people like him and owners etc are the temporary ones so to say he shows disdain for them shows you basically have no ears or didn’t bother to watch it beyond him rightfully saying the support was rubbish and the protest were a pathetic minority of disorganised bilge using a bedsheet because they’d been defrauded by false promises of a plane with a banner. 

9 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

Well Cahill had played at high prem level for all his career his experience and nouse would of been a welcome addition to a young squad that lacked a lot of top level experience in my opinion. Was good enough for palace the season before in a similar role. 

Last two years before Bournemouth and therefore when we may have signed him he was at Palace who finished 14th and 13th. That’s not ‘high’ prem level and if a team finishing just above relegation feel they are happy to let him go then it’s safe to say as a team that at the start of a season we’d assume would be in and around where we want to be aiming that buying in the player they deem as not good enough having had him for two years was not a sound investment. Especially with high wages and ageing physique. Honestly as bad as Kabak is he was at least young, fit and played under Klopp recently at the top end of the epl. On paper it’s a no brainer and Kabak being quite so ineffective I think surprised a lot of people - even me. Cahill was never really in the conversation and rightly so

20 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:

For heavens sake, did Sinatra get strung up for getting to Vegas as ‘this town’ when it’s a city? Of course not because he didn’t mean town. ‘Town’ is a colloquial term for any large settlement and I say I’m going into town when I’m going to the city, I don’t have some kind of inferiority complex about it and I was born and raised in norwich. 

oh wait sorry, I didn’t capitalise the N. Heads will roll 😂

’Brentford managed to stay up’ is a thinly veiled ‘why aren’t we Brentford?’ 

Basically his closing lines were about how the fans are the lifeblood of the club and people like him and owners etc are the temporary ones so to say he shows disdain for them shows you basically have no ears or didn’t bother to watch it beyond him rightfully saying the support was rubbish and the protest were a pathetic minority of disorganised bilge using a bedsheet because they’d been defrauded by false promises of a plane with a banner. 

With regards to referring to Norwich as a town, I have never done it, as kids we always got the bus into "the city", the team are called Norwich City, our bitter rivals are Ipswich Town. There is absolutely nothing wrong with me, Norwich born and bred wanting the beautiful and fragrant Cathedral City being called what it is........a city. 

Brentford staying up is a fact, one that when mentioned to Mr Webber he choose to barely acknowledge other than to refer to Sheff Utd and Huddersfield, getting relegated in their second seasons and suggesting Brentford will go down next season, he may be right, he may be wrong, but he didn't want to address it because it did not fit in with the narrative of what a wonderful job he has done.

I heard the glib statement about fans being the lifeblood which contradicted the earlier the fans were ****. The support was far better than the club deserved given the complete crap dished up week in week out as a direct result of the complete and utter **** up made by Webber in the player recruitment department........no sorry.....that was Archant's fault for daring to criticise the club.

I have bitten once, don't waste your time and energy replying because I won't bite again you weapons grade WUM........

Edited by Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB

3 hours ago, hertfordyellow said:

I get that he can’t pick out players and say they were rubbish but some acknowledgement that they collectively have been lacking wouldn’t be amiss.

It's possible he still believes in the players, and has a genuine belief that we didn't get the rub of the green and thus never had that chance to get going all season?  Even later when Smith came in and we were out of the bottom 3 we see Idah get injured, that could've been a pivot point - we just don't know.

If Pukki wasn't shattered from a long season and euros, and we started off with a full squad like Brentford, won against a lacking Arsenal on the opening day, who had their own issues - who knows how the season would've shaped up from there?!

Just because most of us lost hope and brandish the players as inadequate, doesn't mean that he does, or did. 

It may be totally delusional, but this alternative viewpoint is still a valid one from his perspective if that's what he truly feels.

Really concerning if that's where his head is and he's got it monumentally wrong though!

Edited by Google Bot

12 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

It's possible he still believes in the players, and has a genuine belief that we didn't get the rub of the green and thus never got going all season?  Even later in the season when Smith came in and we were 4th from bottom we see Idah get injured, that could've been a pivot point - we just don't know.

If we started off with a full squad like Brentford, won against a lacking Arsenal on the opening day, who had their own issues - who knows how the season would've shaped up from there too?!

Just because most of us lost hope and brandish the players as inadequate, doesn't mean that he does, or did. 

It may be totally delusional, but this alternative viewpoint is still a valid one from his perspective if that's what he truly feels.

He will be in constant communication with Smith over the season and the truth is, Smith would rather play the u23 players than Tzolis, would rather play anyone than Kabak. We have had injuries, but ultimately we have been really short in most games and have had to spend most of the time trying to stop conceding rather than playing balanced football.

Smith has been pretty open about the lack of legs, pressing etc. He would have to be deluded to not see the chasm in the performance level required. 

Back to your point, is that Sargent miss against Brighton a sliding doors moment? Three points, Sargent off the mark and then it all seems much better. I think that’s potentially clutching at straws though.