Sign in to follow this  
TheBaldOne66

Are you really that surprised at Normann?

Couldn’t cut it in the Premier League with Brighton, so is it really that much of a surprise he failed to be anything special here?

If he had played his last game for us I shan’t be sorry to see the back of him tbh as he’s so lightweight and injury prone.

I agree with above. He has been disappointing.

But, I have a feeling that he will stay. NO Premier League team will buy him; and he won’t want to go back to Russia. So perhaps a cheap(er) purchase.

That said, I would prefer that we bought a Bradley Johnson type. That is what we need (obviously a Skipp, but that would be expensive!)

Edited by yellow_belly
  • Like 1

We all know what we need strong, robust, defensive midfielders that have a high motor. You want to see them move up the field to support our attackers and feed them the ball at pace to stretch a defence.

I did like the more creative central midfielder and there is a place for PLM or Rupp but you need this type of DM.

We have needed it for years but I believe that is what we need, the game is changing and we need to move with it.

The English leagues are sometimes more expensive to buy than in Europe but we cannot make the mistakes we have previously in this position. We need at least 2 this offseason

I suspect Norman Wisdom would have been a better option. Won't be disappointed to see him heading off.

Edited by JB

48 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

He looks robust but is so frail on the inside 

like an armadillo 

Armadildo?

28 minutes ago, yellow_belly said:

I agree with above. He has been disappointing.

But, I have a feeling that he will stay. NO Premier League team will buy him; and he won’t want to go back to Russia. So perhaps a cheap(er) purchase.

That said, I would prefer that we bought a Bradley Johnson type. That is what we need (obviously a Skipp, but that would be expensive!)

God i hope your wrong about him staying if we're thinking of using him as a CDM still...

Although He'd be a half decent keep if he was used as a box to box (if he can stay fit which is a big ask from someone who appears to be made out of sugarglass) to play alongside a fully defensive player (who we should be getting from champs or league 1) 

Edited by GodlyOtsemobor

30 minutes ago, yellow_belly said:

But, I have a feeling that he will stay.

Hope not, if he can't cope with a 38 game season then how will he cope with a 46 game season (plus 3 possible play-off games, plus cup games starting earlier)

He's a sick note, should go back to Norway.

He's a bit of a ' preening ninny' as my Nan would say..... no use to us in the  rough n tumble of the championship. 

Think you’re being a bit harsh on him tbh. He’s probably been the best out of a bad bunch in centre mid for us this season. If he was paired with an Olly Skipp type destroyer we’d be fine.

35 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

Think you’re being a bit harsh on him tbh. He’s probably been the best out of a bad bunch in centre mid for us this season. If he was paired with an Olly Skipp type destroyer we’d be fine.

I'd argue when fit and played Rupp has been the best of a bad bunch in the middle.

Thing is on the outside he looks like all we need. A big, super strong fighting midfielder.. Then you throw him into battle only to find out he crumbles under the slightest pressure and that his bones are made of cardboard

So if you don’t work out at one club, you are destined for failure? Let me introduce you to a few people.

Teemu Pukki didn’t work out at Celtic. Not worth buying I take it?

Darren Huckerby didn’t work out at Leeds. Bad signing?

Grant Holt, where do we start. No longer a legend?

Robert Fleck had a bad few years at Chelsea. Not a good player then?

If there’s a chance we can have him back next season on a reasonable wage and fee then we should absolutely take it. If Kenny McLean can look like Zidane in the championship then Normann should absolutely **** that league

10 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Thing is on the outside he looks like all we need. A big, super strong fighting midfielder.. Then you throw him into battle only to find out he crumbles under the slightest pressure and that his bones are made of cardboard

Thing is he isn't that big really. I think you're getting confused with low body fat and baby oil.

He's not great in the tackle, inconsistent passing, lightweight, gets caught out of position and very suspect injury record.

I mean there could be a 2nd season syndrome but it would be a huge gamble imo.

The problem is he was portrayed on arrival as the defensive midfielder we desperately needed and he isn't really that. I think if deployed as a more offensive midfielder - linking midfield to attack - I think he'd be a valuable part of the squad. 

His injury record is a concern for me and unless Rostock were prepared to take substantially less than the money agreed as part of the loan to buy agreement, I think there is better value available.

• Like 1

Looks to me like someone who spends too much time on weights and not enough on general fitness and flexibility. Muscle bound people aways more liable to get injured than those who are all round fit.

Quality player on his day, but he's so fragile - Would love it if he stayed though, because of that quality.  We've worked wonders with Byram and his long-term injury(s) so far and reaping those rewards.... So perhaps could work with him?

However, I'd rather someone more composed like Sorensen take CDM role.

Normann seems to be very much up and down in a game - when he's on the up he's leaping into players like a frog and landing on his back, ultimately resulting in him hobbling off.  But I think that's more his desire to win and frustration coming to the fore, in the championship he could well become more composed.

Fail to believe we can hold on to him though.  I'd imagine he's an expensive commodity.

5 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

He looks robust but is so frail on the inside 

like an armadillo 

As opposed to an armoured dildo, which you really don't want inside if you're frail.

I thought he looked good yesterday, great throughball for Pukki, lovely bit of skill in the box (shame about the shot) all round play and harrying was good and putting the tactical fouls in where necessary.

That said I don’t think he’s proven to any other PL team why they should sign him, maybe a promoted one will.

He’s also clearly not a DM, I remember first time I saw him in the tunnel realising just his small he is, doesn’t look much bigger than Gilmour and regardless of physical attributes I just don’t see him make interceptions and anticipate like a  DM should.

Decent all round midfielder who’d definitely be an upgrade for us if he’d stay, but too brittle and not a DM.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

Couldn’t cut it in the Premier League with Brighton

There are plenty of players who don't make it at a club and then go on to have excellent careers, Grant Holt was a Carlisle United reject... plus he went from the Championship to League Two before joining us.

And Pukki didn't make the grade at Celtic.

Meanwhile there is a chance that we could be swapping places with a Huddersfield team which includes Harry Toffolo and Daniel Sinani (right to purchase), two Norwich rejects.

If we could keep him on championship wages, and we then signed at least one athletic defensively-minded CM we think can step up- then I'd keep him.

Neither of those things is going to happen, though. 

5 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

There are plenty of players who don't make it at a club and then go on to have excellent careers, Grant Holt was a Carlisle United reject... plus he went from the Championship to League Two before joining us.

And Pukki didn't make the grade at Celtic.

Meanwhile there is a chance that we could be swapping places with a Huddersfield team which includes Harry Toffolo and Daniel Sinani (right to purchase), two Norwich rejects.

None of which makes Normann a better player.

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

None of which makes Normann a better player.

I wouldn't sign him personally, more about his inability to stay fit though, we don't need a sick note. 

My friend Mr. Grimsdale is taking over from Stuart Webber, and assures me we will be well served in midfield.

norman.jpg

• Haha 1