Sign in to follow this  
The Real Buh

You know what? Fu£K Dean Smith…

Just now, Nexus_Canary said:

Because he has already made a hash of it and has shown he is inept.

I dont understand why people stick up for him, his job was to keep us up. Not establish a legacy, not push for Europe, not bring through a golden generation... KEEP US IN THE PREM... he has failed in his job.

He was not even available when we fired Farke, Lampard / Knutsson / Gerard / whoever was first choice turned us down, Smith was available we signed him. He was not our man, he was the emergency pants sh1t signing.

He deserves his P45.

But the same argument was made for Farkes first season, that he was out of his depth and clueless etc etc. That was in the championship.

Smith has a good record, and despite this season, has got his previous clubs playing attractive football. I dont believe he should be judged solely on what limited time he's had here.

The squad isn't good enough, not his fault yet he had a system that played to the very few strengths and avoided the issues (midfield). Who would have kept us up that we could realistically have got? Knutsen doesn't know the league. Lampard is making hard work of it with a much better squad than ours.

I simply believe he is the best option we have for now and deserves time to show us what he wants to do and how he wants us to play.

37 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

2 most successful seasons? So qualifying for Europe, League Cup wins and the like were less successful? **** me, you are an idiot 🤣😡

Point me to the seasons where we achieved more points, won more games or gained more money?

I'll accept that finishing 3rd in the Premier League was a greater achievement, but there'd been nothing like it until Farke came along. Webber unashamedly ripped that all to pieces. It remains to be seen what emerges next season. 

6 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

But the same argument was made for Farkes first season, that he was out of his depth and clueless etc etc. That was in the championship.

Smith has a good record, and despite this season, has got his previous clubs playing attractive football. I dont believe he should be judged solely on what limited time he's had here.

The squad isn't good enough, not his fault yet he had a system that played to the very few strengths and avoided the issues (midfield). Who would have kept us up that we could realistically have got? Knutsen doesn't know the league. Lampard is making hard work of it with a much better squad than ours.

I simply believe he is the best option we have for now and deserves time to show us what he wants to do and how he wants us to play.

Paul Lambert had a good record.... then he joined Villa.

He deserves nothing, i utterly disagree with you.

57 minutes ago, Petriix said:

There's an unfortunate difference between sacking Smith and never having appointed him in the first place. There's a reason why, in our 120 year history, we've had our two most successful seasons in the past four years.

Webber is an architect of change when what we needed was continuity. You sadly can't recreate continuity with further change. 

Astonishing and Utterly ridiculous post. 

26 minutes ago, percy varco said:

Smith out, Smith ou and anybody else at the culb called Smith out as well

Not sure what young Emily Smith behind the bar has done to deserve this...... 😏

1 hour ago, The Real Buh said:

It’s not even that he’s a bad manager, he probably isnt

If you want to do anything with this club you need an injection of passion. He’s sat on the touch line looking like the fat controller. Nothing will change under him on the pitch.

Go and get Paul Warne. Just my opinion.

Worst appointment we made! 

Are we really at the stage of wanting a manager out because they drink tea from a mug before the game??? 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Before the game Dean Smith sauntered onto the pitch with a mug of tea. A MUG of tea.

It sounds weird, but a guy who is drinking tea out of a mug pre-game? There’s something about that which turned on a switch in my mind and made me think “this guy ain’t the guy for us”

What manager have you ever seen standing on the touch line with a mug of tea? A water bottle, an energy drink maybe MAYBE a takeaway hot drinks cup. But a mug. A mug. What’s he got in there? Cuppa soup?

A mug

The plenty more things for us to get wound about with Smith, but got to admit this actually made me laugh out loud 😂👍

2 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

Are we really at the stage of wanting a manager out because they drink tea from a mug before the game??? 🤣🤣🤣

Im not going to go to war with a guy with his hands on his pockets with a mug of tea in his hands sipping it like it’s his pre-bedtime Horlicks.

Done with him

Edited by The Real Buh

I really do not get the barrage on here towards Dean Smith, what input did he have towards any of the signings made by the man Webber and  verified by Farke. To quote Webber he stated this squad was good enough, it very clearly wasn’t, whatever the spend! He, Smith,  was asked to get a side who couldn’t play one ounce or get a result under Farke playing and winning at EPL level. They were not his signings, this clearly was not his squad. I think most managers would have been in the same boat! Yes, change is needed, but not at the expense of the manager!

Edited by City 2nd

1 hour ago, The Real Buh said:

If you want to do anything with this club you need an injection of passion. He’s sat on the touch line looking like the fat controller. Nothing will change under him on the pitch.

So you think someone waving their arms around on the touchline is going to have any affect whatsoever? 

Nonsense.

3 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

So you think someone waving their arms around on the touchline is going to have any affect whatsoever? 

Nonsense.

He’s wet. Probably why he was hired in the first place.

22 minutes ago, Petriix said:

Point me to the seasons where we achieved more points, won more games or gained more money?

I'll accept that finishing 3rd in the Premier League was a greater achievement, but there'd been nothing like it until Farke came along. Webber unashamedly ripped that all to pieces. It remains to be seen what emerges next season. 

The sad thing is that Webber was largely the architect of the good things that have happened during the past four years but is now a millstone weighing the club down. It often happens. Someone with great talent does exceptionally well, they start to believe their own publicity, become arrogant and stop listening to the subordinates who helped them build their reputation, the Midas touch disappears, their pride means they'll never admit it and just bow out, and then they become that millstone around the neck.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

We could consider sacking Dean Smith.

But only after we've sacked Webber.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

The reasons to support the appointment of Paul Warne are passion and commitment. Other than Roeder, Dean Smith is the most uninspiring manager I can remember. He is completely out of his depth. 

'Out of his depth'

🤣 you said the same thing about Farke in the championship! Fair enough you then apologised for it (hard not to really 😁) but this is why I won't put much weight in your argument this time round.

Also as already said, Farke was heavily criticised for his actions on the touchline in the early days. Uninspiring, robotic, silent...all too often shouted around the ground between fans.

Couldn't possibly be the same, 'player improves the more be doesn't play' syndrome but with managers this time could it?

19 minutes ago, City 2nd said:

I really do not get the barrage on here towards Dean Smith, what input did he have towards any of the signings made by the man Webber and  verified by Farke. To quote Webber he stated this squad was good enough, it very clearly wasn’t, whatever the spend! He, Smith,  was asked to get a side who couldn’t play one ounce or get a result under Farke playing and winning at EPL level. They were not his signings, this clearly was not his squad. I think most managers would have been in the same boat! Yes, change is needed, but not at the expense of the manager!

Surely you remember we had just beaten Brentford when we sacked DF.

37 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

Smith hasn't got that good a record. He hasn't won anything apart from a playoff final.

2 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Smith hasn't got that good a record. He hasn't won anything apart from a playoff final.

Winning the semi-final on penalties and having arguably the best squad in the league, at least on paper. (I know, football isn't played on paper, before anyone replies that.)

2 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

Winning the semi-final on penalties and having arguably the best squad in the league, at least on paper. (I know, football isn't played on paper, before anyone replies that.)

Took over a Bruce side in 14th and playing awful football

Transformed the playing style in weeks

Grealish injury halted their initial rise (imagine being without Emi for 3 months)

Dramatic run at end of season to reach and win play offs

Yes it was a decent squad but plenty of managers fail with better squads.

He worked with the squad he had and maximised their potential. Tried here and got initial results but injuries and reality of how poor a squad we have told. Don't see any of that as a reason to want rid now.

Turned Villa round in less than a season. Farke achieved it with us in 2. Yes the squad was better but still impressive, so why why why do some fans want rid so badly? 

After hearing his interview tonight not convinced at all . Sod the 19th Dean how about speaking to the fans about how inept and pathetic this team is churning out zero performances under you week after week . And apologising to us!! Just hope he is laying into them behind closed doors !!! I just hope he has serious grafters in midfield and defence  lined up already to sign .. 

Edited by Wirecanary

4 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

Grealish injury halted their initial rise (imagine being without Emi for 3 months)

He worked with the squad he had and maximised their potential. Tried here and got initial results but injuries and reality of how poor a squad we have told. Don't see any of that as a reason to want rid now.

Turned Villa round in less than a season. Farke achieved it with us in 2. Yes the squad was better but still impressive, so why why why do some fans want rid so badly? 

Because the nature of top football is, and the coaches know it, is that if you don't succeed there is no try, try again.

What has he actually done in the months he's been here? No players have improved, no youngsters have come through or been utilised properly, minute memorable performances and no positives to take forward. It's rubbish and you all know it.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Petriix said:

You realise it’s the second tier right? 

There had been nothing like it till Farke came along? Must have missed Worthington’s, Lambert’s and Neil’s promotions.

Also Lambert actually kept us in the PL, even Hughton did to be fair (Time is a healer).

No one is denying that Farke achieved two great Championship title winning seasons playing great football, but he’s also at leat partly responsible for where we are right now.

This god worship and selective memory of him demeans his actual legacy because he can’t live up to ridiculous claims of his dominance over our entire history, not even over the last 30.

2 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I'm apathetic towards Smith; if he decides to walk then I wouldn't try to stop him, but I wouldn't sack him. 

Could apply that to most people behind the scenes though too… and a good chunk of the players!

6 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

Some of it is simply displaced anger, I accept that. Delia and Webber are effectively untouchable so people like me take it out on Dean Smith.

But, having said that, I really have not seen even a hint of any qualities which make me think he could be a success and turn this thing around. No vision, no passion, just empty platitudes. And I'm really scared that with Smith in charge we're going to lose Pukki over the summer, plus Sorensen, Giannoulis and Tzolis (the latter, for all the disappointment of this season, having tremendous potential if handled correctly), keep dross like Sargent and Placheta who have had chance after chance and basically failed, and replace Pukki and the rest with Villa cast-offs.

So personally I don't want to see him given the chance to build his own squad because I think he will cause irreparable damage to our club which will take years to fix.

Just my opinion, of course. I may be wrong.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Herman said:

What has he actually done in the months he's been here? No players have improved, no youngsters have come through or been utilised properly, minute memorable performances and no positives to take forward. It's rubbish and you all know it.

Rowe? Springett today? That’s 2 youngsters come through but don’t let the truth get in the way of your hatred for him