Sign in to follow this  
TeemuVanBasten

Must play Dowell every week now

He's the Vranic replacement.

We're Norwich City, we need players who can play a bit and weight a through ball.

Dowell can play a bit and can weight a through ball.

2+2 = pop another year on the lads deal.

• Like 2

I'd like to see a bit more from him but he's looking like a player that could be pretty dominant in the championship next season if he can stay fit. He was good again today and he definitely has the quality, it's whether he has the fortitude to get stuck in that I still have question marks about. Maybe he will get a bit more bite like Emi did, or maybe he will just stay a luxury type player like Vrancic was for us, but we can afford one of those in the team every week in the Championship anyway.

3 minutes ago, kick it off said:

I'd like to see a bit more from him but he's looking like a player that could be pretty dominant in the championship next season if he can stay fit. He was good again today and he definitely has the quality, it's whether he has the fortitude to get stuck in that I still have question marks about. Maybe he will get a bit more bite like Emi did, or maybe he will just stay a luxury type player like Vrancic was for us, but we can afford one of those in the team every week in the Championship anyway.

He was dominant in the Championship. His performances in the last 7-8 games last season were fantastic. He’s a real asset at that level for us.

• Like 1

Given how bad we have been this season and how well he played towards the end of last. Dowell has the right to be annoyed he hasn’t played more this season or had more chances. Glad he is making the most of it now. His set pieces are excellent. I would question if physically he is a premier league player but there is always a reason someone finds themselves at Norwich.

• Like 1

Seems to have a bit of footballing intelligence and grace under pressure that so many of our players seem to lack.

Interesting to see that he and Pukki are building up a solid understanding too.

56 minutes ago, Ian said:

Seems to have a bit of footballing intelligence and grace under pressure that so many of our players seem to lack.

Interesting to see that he and Pukki are building up a solid understanding too.

Grace under pressure ,  i like that. 

Bizarre, given how well he played towards the end of last season, that he was dropped in favour of moving Cantwell into a completely unknown and unnatural position in the right, and then has only been given a chance now because Sargent is injured. Clearly a very talented footballer who just needs game time. 

• Like 2

If he had the speed and stamina of Placheta he could be a good player.

Or if Placheta had the footballing understanding of Dowell he could be a good footballer.

Meanwhile ..........................

7 minutes ago, Yellow Wal said:

If he had the speed and stamina of Placheta he could be a good player.

Or if Placheta had the footballing understanding of Dowell he could be a good footballer.

Meanwhile ..........................

Vrancic didn't have much pace, nor stamina, nor strength. A footballing brain goes a very long way. 

He'll be a very good option in the champs as we see last year... I still wouldnt pin all my hopes on him unlocking everything though, and would still be looking for someone new to come in and challenge for that no. 10 role. 

Edited by GodlyOtsemobor

His performance linked with the way Rashica is mobile (final pass is awful), AO to come back, hopefully Sorenson in midfield and fingers crossed Tzolis and Sargent show why we bought them, gives me hope for next season.

It would be the season after that might be different.

13 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

His performance linked with the way Rashica is mobile (final pass is awful), AO to come back, hopefully Sorenson in midfield and fingers crossed Tzolis and Sargent show why we bought them, gives me hope for next season.

It would be the season after that might be different.

Yeah, last couple of games certainly give me cause for hope next season. Even if Rashica goes I still have this weird belief Tzolis will come good.

Just need Sorenson to be the player so many of us think he is, or a new DM, and I think we're well-placed for a top 2 next season. Smith’s Championship record and bizarre decisions still concern me, but even if Aarons and Rashica go, you can't say our squad won't be among the best in the league next year.

So many people on here have complained and moaned about our lack of a defensive midfielder and our generally poor midfield but still think Sorenson is the answer.

Two experienced managers have seen the player, evaluated the player, assessed and estimated his worth to the team but have declined to give him starts.

With the midfield being so poor as so many people think it shouldn't be too difficult to impress and force his way into the team. But it has been and still is. This reminds me so much of that super striker Luciano Becchio who in 13 games failed to score.

The more Sorenson doesn't play, the better he will be perceived.

Accept the decisions and opinions of those who see him all week in training who are qualified to judge.

• Thanks 2

Dowell needs to play as he is the only player who resembles being creative.  Normann won't be here next year.  The remainder of the midfield are run of the mill at best.  Need to provide extra creativity next season can we afford it? expect to go with we have got largely.

17 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

He's the Vranic replacement.

We're Norwich City, we need players who can play a bit and weight a through ball.

Dowell can play a bit and can weight a through ball.

2+2 = pop another year on the lads deal.

Rashica PLM Dowell behind Pukki looks to be something to stick with til the end of the season.

I'm convinced that the summer we signed Dowell to play on the right when the club probably expected Buendia to be sold but they managed to keep hold of him. At the time Farke hadn't really gone with 2 out and out wingers.

17 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Not too fond of him on the wing and think he should be played more central attacking but he's proved me wrong. Think if he stays next season could prove to be a regular starter 

He’s not really “on the wing” other than when conducting defensive duties.

Look at where he was for the Pukki goal, Pukki was outside of him.

Just because he lines up on paper on the right side of a front 3 doesn’t make him a winger anymore than Buendia was.

• Thanks 1

Very, very good pass into Pukki for the 2nd goal.

Those two are on the same wavelength. 

What's hilarious is he played for us all last season and was excellent. 

Yet pinkun zombies seem to think he's rubbish or don't even know what his assets are. 

Played in the hole next season he will be excellent. 

Now back to your pinkun forum usual programming of endless rants. 

31 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

He’s not really “on the wing” other than when conducting defensive duties.

Look at where he was for the Pukki goal, Pukki was outside of him.

Just because he lines up on paper on the right side of a front 3 doesn’t make him a winger anymore than Buendia was.

No no no. 

Pinkun forum posters are one dimensional football zombies.

Two up top! Wingers! He's rubbish! He doesn't play so he's the answer! 

Its pathetic. 

4 hours ago, Yellow Wal said:

So many people on here have complained and moaned about our lack of a defensive midfielder and our generally poor midfield but still think Sorenson is the answer.

Two experienced managers have seen the player, evaluated the player, assessed and estimated his worth to the team but have declined to give him starts.

With the midfield being so poor as so many people think it shouldn't be too difficult to impress and force his way into the team. But it has been and still is. This reminds me so much of that super striker Luciano Becchio who in 13 games failed to score.

Accept the decisions and opinions of those who see him all week in training who are qualified to judge.

So why was he given anew contract?

49 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

So why was he given anew contract?

I would kind of agree with that though, there's something 2 managers aren't seeing from him. 

8 hours ago, Yellow Wal said:

This reminds me so much of that super striker Luciano Becchio who in 13 games failed to score.

To be fair the only thing I can remember of Becchio was his one-two with Howson for one of his worldies, was it against Man City or was that a different worldie? 

That's 1 more thing that I can remember about lots of other Norwich flops.

23 hours ago, Yellow Wal said:

Not completely. The crux of it is that Sörensen provides strengths that the team is perceived to be lacking a little. Some of this may be related to ability, but much of this is about what the team appears to need.

Dowell and Lees-Melou in more forward positions looks like a combo, but I think you need those two together as they have strengths that dovetail nicely. Lees-Melou is much more box-to-box than Dowell ever can be and clearly likes getting up and down, and compensates for Dowell's relative deficits in those areas.

Agree that Dowell is best in the hole, just give him a free role behind the striker and let him wander around. That's why you need a workhorse who can pick a decent ball himself near him. That's Lees-Melou's role.

If Dowell is our new Vrancic, Lees-Melou is a more box-to-box Stiepermann.

Dowell has to play centrally or not at all as his defensive capability is poor, further let down by a lack of pace.

I think we are well served with him and PLM in terms of creative forward passing. 

From the articles from Pink Un this morning Dowell is feeling his hamstring in training and matches.  Has to be managed carefully.  Why is nothing straightforward!

Dowell is the only player who looks like he has time on the ball and he is developing nicely. Our squad for the Championship next season will be incredible if we can keep hold of Rashica.

6 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

Not completely. The crux of it is that Sörensen provides strengths that the team is perceived to be lacking a little. Some of this may be related to ability, but much of this is about what the team appears to need.

Not at all. If the managers felt that Sorenson provided the strengths where the team is weak they would obviously pick him.

They do not even though everybody seem to think the midfield is weak. Therefore those more qualified to judge feel that  Sorenson is no better than those players wearing the shirts at the moment.

29 minutes ago, Yellow Wal said:

Not at all. If the managers felt that Sorenson provided the strengths where the team is weak they would obviously pick him.

They do not even though everybody seem to think the midfield is weak. Therefore those more qualified to judge feel that  Sorenson is no better than those players wearing the shirts at the moment.

Not always, managerial preferences might not chime with what's needed or how they think the solution should appears to be, so they end up selecting players for a different purpose. You could say that even though our midfield is quite weak, 

Gilmour was clearly brought in to help us beat presses from deep and get us up the pitch quickly on the counter - that's pretty much the whole point of a deep-lying playmaker. This next bit is guesswork, but I strongly suspect Farke seemed to think the way around losing Buendia and Skipp was to get someone who could do something good on the ball in the deep with a couple of more box-to-box midfielders to look for along with a winger, instead of having a much purer destroyer in front of the defence. That doesn't suit Lungi, who's naturally more destructive and prefers to keep his passing quite simple.

Also, Gilmour has that clause where the more he plays, the less we pay. (Maybe the same applies to Normann too, we don't know...?)