Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Pukki contact with celta vigo

So you've managed to twist a story about NCFC implementing Pukki's 12 month contract extension option into 'Pukki leaving'. Ok.

Made contact..................

The bullies are all out today eh Cambridge?! 

Edited by Greavsy
  • Like 1

Of course if Pukki wants to go Webber has already said players who want to go can go, Buendia last season! But certainly be good to get some money for him to use on a replacement! He’s been brilliant and helped to two promotions, he deserves a move if he wants it, we owe him a lot of thanks, been the model pro!

Hmm. I can see him being tempted by that. Looks like we'll be exercising our option which means we'll get something for him.

It will be a very sad day and hopefully won't happen.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

You did read it properly?

One year option

Of course, but that could just be to ensure we get a fee.

40 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Current rumour doing the rounds. Would not be surprised as we have given him prem wages which we can no longer afford once we go down. Don't worry though, I'm sure Idah and Hugill will score 20 plus goals for us next season! Boy, we really are farke'd

Sometimes I think you get unfair stick, then there are times like this when you've basically just hoisted up a giant 'please call me a ****' banner. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Would never be surprised if this story has real substance (assuming the Spaniards are willing to stump up the fee of course).

You can hear (already) the tired old excuses..............'he made clear he wanted to leave, We can't afford his wages on Championship income' etc. etc.!! 

Although Pukki is a somewhat 'limited' striker in some respects, in terms of sheer professionalism, dedication, wonderfully intelligent movement and fabulous goal scoring record, the potential outlook without him is a tad frightening. We already HAD to sign a proper goal scorer even had / if he stayed as Sargent and Idah are 'raw prospects' and no more than that whilst Hugill has flopped alarmingly at Albion and Cardiff this season.   

4 minutes ago, king canary said:

Sometimes I think you get unfair stick, then there are times like this when you've basically just hoisted up a giant 'please call me a ****' banner. 

He does get unfair stick. But here he probably deserves it.

Also, confirming we're going to exercise the 12 months option suggests we're happy to pay him his 50+k wage in the Championship.

I'd suggest that shows a level of ambition. Once that option is exercised, I can't see a club paying a good fee and paying Pukk similar wages at his age.

Edited by hogesar

We'd have to pay a hell of a lot more to sign an equivalent and their wages on top of that.

If he wants £50k a week he can have it as far as I'm concerned. I suppose the other players might pout a bit.

9 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

Hugill has flopped alarmingly at Albion and Cardiff this season.   

Hill has done well at Cardiff

5 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I'd suggest that shows a level of ambition.

Shows desperation to me.   

Ambition would be paying Buendia an extra 40-50k/week in the prem league and building on that.

This is clutching on to a player who really deserves to move on but we've completely failed to source a replacement for.  We'll now be worried he wants off.

We should've had his position covered this season with the money and appeal of the club when promoted.

• Like 3

I think it depends upon how we want to play in the future. The method of dominating possession works in the championship but not the EPL.

It may be that there's a tactical reset which doesn't suit Teemu as well. (More direct etc)

• Like 2

A beautiful place to live and looks like a decent club. If I was Teemu I'd be off like a shot. 

When he came here it was his partner that made the decision so I'd guess she'll have something to say about it. 

6 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

So he's likely not leaving, so why put the headline "Pukki leaving"??

Look at me, Look at me. 

5 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

A beautiful place to live and looks like a decent club. If I was Teemu I'd be off like a shot. 

When he came here it was his partner that made the decision so I'd guess she'll have something to say about it. 

I may be wrong here, but doesn't Teemu have a child of pre school age? If he's gonna move countries, now is the right time.

He's already played in Spain before.

6 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I may be wrong here, but doesn't Teemu have a child of pre school age? If he's gonna move countries, now is the right time.

He's already played in Spain before.

Yes he does. And it's in the cooler part of Spain. Very picturesque and off the beaten track 

I've  said it before but I think we should try to tempt him to stay with a longer contract with a coaching role in it if he wants that

I think he's the sort of player who'd still be a useful option in 2 or 3 years as a sub and he is a great pro

He has 2 young kids and they may want to settle down rather than move again 

50 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

So he's likely not leaving, so why put the headline "Pukki leaving"??

OP and title now changed.................But no comment made from @cambridgeshire canary funny that.................

Really that desperate to hold on to an ageing player on that sort of money who- if Norwich were promoted again- would be older and unlikely to score more than this season in the Premier League? We are looking at a complete rebuild- those who didn't succeed this season are hardly likely to do so in a couple of years if it turns out they are capable of getting us up next season. Frankly, they have little chance of delivering and without departures we are going to be in the Championship for a while. 

He's only just turned 32 so I reckon another decent championship season can be comfortably be squeezed out of him.

The cost per goal does have to be looked at if his salary will climb to what has been claimed for next season. 

Edited by Chelm Canary

1 hour ago, Google Bot said:

Shows desperation to me.   

Ambition would be paying Buendia an extra 40-50k/week in the prem league and building on that.

This is clutching on to a player who really deserves to move on but we've completely failed to source a replacement for.  We'll now be worried he wants off.

We should've had his position covered this season with the money and appeal of the club when promoted.

Ridiculous take, in my opinion.

Player who "deserves to move on"

That suggests he even wants to? He also signed a contract. 

Ambition now desperation when it suits. When we won't pay the going rate its all prudence with no ambition. When we will its desperation.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Made a mistake and corrected it.

Most unlike you Clickbait,   Sorry - Cambridgeshire 

Edited by Greavsy
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Chelm Canary said:

He's only just turned 32 so I reckon another decent championship season can be comfortably be squeezed out of him.

The cost per goal does have to be looked at if his salary will climb to what has been claimed for next season. 

Since his 29 goals and 26 goals basically got us promoted in 2018/19 and 2020/21 respectively, I'd say his cost per goal in the past has been pretty good.

As for those who say he hasn't delivered in the Prem, he's actually scored half of our goals this season if you take OG out of the equation. If all of those wonderful new recruits had added just two or three goals each, we wouldn't be where we are now.

It bugs me that there are fans who cream themselves about Normann who has boasted and posed and delivered almost nothing, or find excuses for Cantwell for stamping his feet and downing tools, but are then ready to discard a player who has scored almost 20 goals a season for us over four years and has been a model professional throughout. (I am not saying that you are one of these fans; let me make it clear that this comment is not aimed at you but at a minority of posters who don't know what they've got till it's gone, to quote Joni Mitchell.)

• Like 6