Sign in to follow this  
chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Brighton (PL/A) *****

Where are Rupp and Placheta? I definitely just skimmed it, but I don't see their names anywhere, and couldn't see them in the injuries...

I honestly believe signing Gilmour is what relegated us- offers nothing in a crucial area of the pitch and we seem to be contractually obliged to play him. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Wonder if there are any other all “white” line ups in the division. Admittedly probably my problem picking up on this but fans of my generation do feel uncomfortable when or if this becomes the norm. 

Bare bones stuff. No width on the right. Not sure why Rowe isn't starting to give us a bit better balance tbh. Distinct lack of creativity in that line up. Could get hoofball very quickly.

Luckily I've better things to do most of the afternoon so I have a spare stream going if anyone wants it.

9 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

I honestly believe signing Gilmour is what relegated us- offers nothing in a crucial area of the pitch and we seem to be contractually obliged to play him. 

There is no chance that we are contractually obliged to play him. No chance.

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

Bare bones stuff. No width on the right. Not sure why Rowe isn't starting to give us a bit better balance tbh. Distinct lack of creativity in that line up. Could get hoofball very quickly.

Luckily I've better things to do most of the afternoon so I have a spare scream going if anyone wants it.

Adjusted it slightly for you.....

2 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Luckily I've better things to do most of the afternoon so I have a spare stream going if anyone wants it.

Not just hoofball. This could be the day when our cutting-edge manager introduces his secret weapon which will salvage our season: the long throw!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Go on then, I'm a glutton for punishment...

2 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

Not just hoofball. This could be the day when our cutting-edge manager introduces his secret weapon which will salvage our season: the long throw!

That was supposed to be in Normann's armoury except that it barely reaches the 6 yard box.

3 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

Yeah, and with Pukki and Rashica we've got two really big guys in the air who win every header....

What the hell was in that coffee???

Would rather have seen Dowell at ten if we're playing a diamond, with McLean on the left and Lees-Melou on the right. Or failing that, Rowe or Tzolis on the right and a 4-3-3.

Not really sure why we have three young wingers on the bench; maybe we could've found a full back from somewhere.

38 minutes ago, mannings bandy legs said:

McClean and Gilmore......and the definition of madness is...?

Spelling 

38 minutes ago, mannings bandy legs said:

McClean and Gilmore......and the definition of madness is...?

Spelling their names wrong when it's there in black and white.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Gilmour and McLean 🙄 Anyone got any film suggestions for me this afternoon? 

Braveheart

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, corbs said:

Wonder if there are any other all “white” line ups in the division. Admittedly probably my problem picking up on this but fans of my generation do feel uncomfortable when or if this becomes the norm. 

Fans of my generation? What are you on about?

I've seen better lineups at my local 😅

Shame Rowe isn’t starting, not sure that midfield will cause many issues to Brighton. Can we see a boring 0-0

36 minutes ago, overthebordercanary said:

Oh and Welbeck is starting for them, he always scores against us.

Everyone always scores against us

16 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

With 2 midgets up front that would be just the sort of thing that tactically inept Brummie idiot is likely to do

54 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Gilmour and McLean 🙄 Anyone got any film suggestions for me this afternoon? 

The Usual Suspects

The Untouchables 

Meanwhile, I've got some financial statements to translate and the TM (translation memory) is more fecked than Lukas Rupp's hamstrings. 

A mate of mine's not come up to pick gels up for his marathon relay tomorrow, we look like we've got most of a team missing, might not get a lift to footy tomorrow and it's borderline I can get my marathon training in tonight.

Had better days, lol.

43 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

There is no chance that we are contractually obliged to play him. No chance.

No, but didn't the Athletic report that we are contractually incentivised to play him; the more he plays, the cheaper the loan fee.

Either way, an absolute turd of a signing for us.

Just now, crab man said:

Normann really hasn't looked right since he's been back from injury. That or he just cba 

I think it's the latter 

• Like 1

Just now, canarydan23 said:

No, but didn't the Athletic report that we are contractually incentivised to play him; the more he plays, the cheaper the loan fee.

Either way, an absolute turd of a signing for us.

Probably. However, we are financially incentivised to stay in this league. Playing Gilmour reduces the chances of that, so unless we have accepted our fate, he should be nowhere near our team.