Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

Everton post £121 million losses

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60919913

Thats three successive seasons of over £100m losses. All to perhaps end up relegated.

Interestingly they attribute a total of £170m of losses over the past two seasons to Covid 19. How realistic is that?

It goes some way to demonstrating how under our model it was potentially incredibly difficult to spend any more than we did.

Of course it also shows if we go for a new owner we need one with exceptionally deep pockets who doesn't want to see that money back, just to be in with a shout of out performing our own results over the past 10 years.

They are said to have a £300m black hole after supposedly cutting ties with their pet Oligarch.

An Oligarch's not just for Christmas...

5 minutes ago, Rivvo said:

Why aren’t we Everton, at least they have hambition.

😉

To be fair to them, they did show ambition. Significant spending and high-profile managers.

The fact its unravelled so quickly demonstrates the modern gamble that owning a football club is!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

They are said to have a £300m black hole after supposedly cutting ties with their pet Oligarch.

An Oligarch's not just for Christmas...

And their remaining, totally scrupulous and not at all dodgy, owner has pumped in almost £700m!!!! I'm so close to being done with football that this is what the premiership has come to and everyone says that it's "the promised land"™ and we should do everything we can to get there and 'establisg' ourselves. If that is what it takes then **** that, I'm out...

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheDarkKnight said:

Good. Hope they go down.

Remember how I declared this forum to be one of the friendliest I've joined? The main Everton forum is the most toxic and unpleasant (Joint with the main Scotland forum) forum that I've joined.

Is it wrong to hate a club based on a few online weirdos? Probably not... hope they enjoy the Championship, though. 😉

Old Grand Team?. I know someone from work who knows someone else who posted on it, but left because they got treated unfairly and were given warnings just for swearing even when it was censored out.

• Like 1

Meanwhile our club is having the worst season, a season of failures, disappointment and crushing apathy but hey look another club lost money...zzzzz

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Meanwhile our club is having the worst season, a season of failures, disappointment and crushing apathy but hey look another club lost money...zzzzz

image.png.7e2dd6ef82c85f88321f5db39b0178be.png

• Like 5

Everton could very quickly become a Sunderland. 

There will become a point where the owner refuses to put anymore money in, and they will be in it deep.

I hope they get relegated, I was worried about such a big club going down as hurts our chances but they deserve it and the consequences, absolute crazy way to run a club.

16 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Everton could very quickly become a Sunderland. 

There will become a point where the owner refuses to put anymore money in, and they will be in it deep.

Forbes has him as worth $2.7 billion (about £2 billion). The Daily Telegraph estimate that he has "conservatively" put in £500 million + will need at least another £500 million for the new ground. My guess is that he will be looking for someone to help him bear the costs - it could be a pretty good buy as I think that he will be getting very worried.

It will be interesting to see how the fans respond to Moshiri, who is funding them. By some accounts, Mel Morris left Derby in deep trouble as a consequence of planned demonstrations against him. 

3 hours ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Surely you know full well Kenny that this happens on here when the Club comes under the microscope ?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Surely you know full well Kenny that this happens on here when the Club comes under the microscope ?

Indeed. The Delia apologists always come on here to excuse her despotic model on the grounds that other clubs are more undesirable for one reason or another. Beheadings, corruption, debt, etc.

I still think in the current climate where the money has come from is very important. Moshiri is just a puppet for Usmanov. He's his accountant. It would have been in his name if he could have sold his stake in Arsenal quick enough. I really hope the government is looking into this. If you look at the BBC report into Usmanovs property in the UK he moved it all into Mashiris name to  avoid sanctions. Dodgy. 

It's actually alarming how some posters are able to completely miss the point of a thread but have the ego to post on it anyway. I guess that's the Internet for you.

forums Memes & GIFs - Imgflip

2 minutes ago, Canaries north said:

I still think in the current climate where the money has come from is very important. Moshiri is just a puppet for Usmanov. He's his accountant. It would have been in his name if he could have sold his stake in Arsenal quick enough. I really hope the government is looking into this. If you look at the BBC report into Usmanovs property in the UK he moved it all into Mashiris name to  avoid sanctions. Dodgy. 

I agree. But there's a lot of posters on here who don't have a moral compass, seemingly. 🙂

19 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I agree. But there's a lot of posters on here who don't have a moral compass, seemingly. 🙂

I guess the whole financing thing is just an extension of the win at all costs attitude that is pervasive throughout football. It doesn't matter if your player went down easily to win a free kick, it doesn't matter that your team surround and abuse the ref to try and get decisions, it doesn't matter that the club is funded by despotic regimes, just as long as you win...

• Like 1

So if the proposals made in the Government white paper, to introduce a license based regulator to this country are followed to the tee, Everton wouldn't be granted a licence to enter domestic competitions with that level of operating debt.

The sooner it's introduced the better in my opinion.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Big Vince said:

Indeed. The Delia apologists always come on here to excuse her despotic model on the grounds that other clubs are more undesirable for one reason or another. Beheadings, corruption, debt, etc.

Vinnie, can you please explain clearly your use of the word "despotic" in reference to Ms Smith?  The use of it seems just a little OTT and therefore implies you have a real personal reason for using it.  It would really help me to understand where you are coming from in regard of your campaign on here.

You may have read on here my concern about corporate governance at the club at present so I do not count myself as a "Delia apologist".  I put down the current "weak" position more to trying to be light touch in their management of the club, perhaps taking the wrong advice from external advisers and not being challenged by anyone other than social media warriors, rather than any despotism.  I'm a generally positive person, so maybe I am at fault in  this regard and should adjust my position. 

I remain curious just what has Delia ever done to you personally to stir such a reaction.  Surely it can't be as simple her political outlook & virtue signalling. Or maybe it is because you want a burger at half time, but Ms Smith has deemed a pie is good enough for us plebs or scampi for those with more time on their hands in the Gunn Club? 🙂 

11 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Vinnie, can you please explain clearly your use of the word "despotic" in reference to Ms Smith?  The use of it seems just a little OTT and therefore implies you have a real personal reason for using it.  It would really help me to understand where you are coming from in regard of your campaign on here.

You may have read on here my concern about corporate governance at the club at present so I do not count myself as a "Delia apologist".  I put down the current "weak" position more to trying to be light touch in their management of the club, perhaps taking the wrong advice from external advisers and not being challenged by anyone other than social media warriors, rather than any despotism.  I'm a generally positive person, so maybe I am at fault in  this regard and should adjust my position. 

I remain curious just what has Delia ever done to you personally to stir such a reaction.  Surely it can't be as simple her political outlook & virtue signalling. Or maybe it is because you want a burger at half time, but Ms Smith has deemed a pie is good enough for us plebs or scampi for those with more time on their hands in the Gunn Club? 🙂 

Delia told me a very big porky in person at a public forum, amongst other things.

Edited by Big Vince
Compliance
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Despotic is too far but her refusal to sell to anyone and then to pass it on to her nephew like its a house/watch/family heirloom could be seen by some as not in the club's best interests but for her own personal gain/reward.

She might be the owner, but the club doesn't belong to her, it belongs to all of us and the city. She needs to remember that.

That doesn't mean I want her to sell either, but to rule it out completely like she did the other week is pretty poor form.

10 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

Despotic is too far but her refusal to sell to anyone and then to pass it on to her nephew like its a house/watch/family heirloom could be seen by some as not in the club's best interests but for her own personal gain/reward.

She might be the owner, but the club doesn't belong to her, it belongs to all of us and the city. She needs to remember that.

That doesn't mean I want her to sell either, but to rule it out completely like she did the other week is pretty poor form.

I think you need to face up to the reality that the shares are a family asset and DS & MWJ can pass them onto a family member, much like the shares in may other football clubs and other businesses. 

I hope the next time the club has some financial difficulties you'll be calling for 'all of us and the city' to provide the necessary cash and promises to the banks to ensure it finances are secure.

6 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

I think you need to face up to the reality that the shares are a family asset and DS & MWJ can pass them onto a family member, much like the shares in may other football clubs and other businesses. 

I hope the next time the club has some financial difficulties you'll be calling for 'all of us and the city' to provide the necessary cash and promises to the banks to ensure it finances are secure.

Literally speaking shares are, but we all know football isn't like a normal business/commodity.  If the fans really want someone out then they will get them out.

You can't keep going back to 1997 when she helped the club out to justify that she can do whatever she wants with the asset forever more. The club is worth many multiples of what she stumped up back then and you know it. The club is bigger than the owner I think you need to face up to that reality.

By the way, the ironic thing is I don't want her gone and am 90% pro-Delia. I like the fact we are a bit different and be careful what you wish for and all that.... but I didn't like the tone of her latest interview one bit. 

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

If they do get relegated I feel they will go the way of Sunderland rather than Fulham

No way. They're a far bigger club than Sunderland and will stroll straight back up again.

2 hours ago, Monty13 said:

I hope they get relegated, I was worried about such a big club going down as hurts our chances but they deserve it and the consequences, absolute crazy way to run a club.

They are the best side to come down with us, Burnley and especially Watford will have less issues financially and will be strong, Leeds too, Everton will be utterly screwed

Posted this before but it highlights the gap between the "big 6" and everyone else. Largely because success and star players brings additional commercial revenue.

image.thumb.png.1557d67685d56decc2152de2f33f1452.png

2 hours ago, Big Vince said:

Yes, rather than look at our failures and look at solutions, it's accept poor performances & a weakening of the team with "look at them it could be worse".

Step 1 Webber should go and we should be looking for the next up and coming sporting director to actually give Deano & Shakey "Guns, Tanks & the ammunition" they need.

Couldn't give a T**s about Everton.