Samwam27

Preparing for next season

I think we agree we now need a chuffin great big miracle to avoid relegation.

For me we now need to start preparing for next season. First things first let's drop our loanees, although Williams has been best of the bunch he won't be here next season. So blood Giannoulis in. Same goes for Normann, looking much slower sine his injury and may or may not be here next season, so let's replace with Sorensen, who will be good enough for EFL (& is likely good enough  for EPL). Hardly worth a breath on Gilmour or Kabak! Both have offered nothing, and continue with Rupp or PLM.

We've got absolutely nothing to lose by dropping this bunch for remainder of the games, and it hasn't worked under two managers. Also give more game time to Rowe, who's looking very exciting, and if Tzolis is good enough for the bench, give him some game time. Will give everyone valuable experience ahead of next seasons clean slate

Next season, hopefully Cantwell will be bought (by Bournemouth) to raise funds, and Aarons may also be sold, but we've got Byram & Mumba as natural stand-ins. We'll also start with Giannoulis & Mcallum on the left, again good enough, unless any are sold.

Omo should be looking to become a first choice CB, and with Hanley that's decent at EFL level. Whether Gibson & Zimm, or replacements come in remains to be seen.

Our midfield needs an overhaul, but we should be looking to build around Sorensen. I have no grips if Mclean or PLM go. The latter could be handy at EFL level. Mcelan has been, but he isn't getting any better. Rupp is still discussing contracts, is good enough but now injury prone.

The future does look better with Rash (if we can keep him) Idah, who's suddenly shown real promise with proper game time under Smith, & Rowe. Pukki will get goals at EFL level, and Sargent will be a handful, but we've got to develop Tzolis, even if he was bough as one for the future.

We have no idea who will stay or go, or who will be brought in, but with Krul and Gunn, and an abundance of young keepers we have the makings of a strong squad for a likely looking EFL campaign.

But we gain nothing now playing our loanees, and will do little harm with pressure starting to come off now its looking like we're down by playing some of our own players for last 10 games or so. 

• Like 2

Build around sorenson 🤣

Oh my aching sides. 

The average pinkun poster summed up in one line. 

Sorenson is the answer and McLean is rubbish. 

Absolute state of you people. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, fredherring said:

Build around sorenson 🤣

Oh my aching sides. 

Happy clapper

Edited by beanoncfc
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, fredherring said:

Build around sorenson 🤣

Oh my aching sides. 

OMG Are you serious. What planet are you on, and your answer is........? The hypothesis is about next season, in EFL likely, for which SOrensen is good enough (especially if the laughable Mclean & Gilmour are good enough for this season!)

This average pink poster has supported NCFC for over 40 years, and it's a forum about opinions dumbass!

• Like 1

We need to get rid of everybody and start again , how a club that has spent two seasons out of the last four in the top flight has managed to collect a squad so full of ****e is quite frankly hard to fathom .

• Like 7

28 minutes ago, fredherring said:

Build around sorenson 🤣

Oh my aching sides. 

**** off Fred, there is nowt wrong with that suggestion.  You laugh with yourself.

30 minutes ago, fredherring said:

Build around sorenson 🤣

Oh my aching sides. 

I suppose it was too much to expect two sensible posts from you in 1 day Billiam 

We're down.

Loanees can fcuk off, so that means Williams, Gilmour and Normann out the fcuking door and give priority to players who have committed to the club.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, City 101 said:

We need to get rid of everybody and start again , how a club that has spent two seasons out of the last four in the top flight has managed to collect a squad so full of ****e is quite frankly hard to fathom .

I think this is the scariest thing. We've had 2 seasons to bring in some quality and as it stands I'd genuinely question this sides ability to stay up in the championship

• Like 1

I just want us to only buy quality or potential quality.

We have enough good enough for the Championship players, we don’t need more.

Keep the majority of this squad together, clear the deadwood and buy only a small handful of players with top Championship/PL potential.

If we don’t get promoted again something’s very wrong, and if we do third time it needs to be stronger than these two dismal efforts.

Guide for next season

A- No more loan players who don't care about our club and are only here to develop for other clubs

B- 442. Just 442. Only formation.

C- Never play Pukki on his own and always have another striker to help out up top.

D- Rowe must start as much as possible

E- Spend all of Delias spare change on some big, strong dominating midfielders

F- Flog Mclean to whatever 5th tier in Scotland club that wants him

G-Bring Hernandez back

H- Don't buy players that have a history of knocks and injuries

• Like 1

Any rebuilding has to look at life post-Pukki as our over reliance on him has cost us dear in 2 PL campaigns despite his Championship credentials. Any team with serious Prem ambitions needs a smattering of power, pace & muscle. Yes smaller players do succeed but their skills come at a premium price that NCFC cannot afford as it stands.

44 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Guide for next season

A- No more loan players who don't care about our club and are only here to develop for other clubs

C- Never play Pukki on his own and always have another striker to help out up top.

G-Bring Hernandez back

A: Broadly agree, although I think Williams and even Gilmour have tried hard. But loans aren't not good for the club long-term.

B: Disagree. 4-2-3-1 worked great for Farke in the Champs. Depends on the manager and players.

C Disagree. Pukki on his own worked well when we had a player who could pass the ball to him. Depends on finding someone.

D  He's looking good at the moment, but depends on his development

E  Not sure. There are many ways of dominating the midfield, not just muscle. 

F  I'm not a big fan of McLean but I won't join in a witch-hunt against him. There are other poor players.

G  Disagree. I love Onel for his attitude and I'd play him ahead of Placheta, but he's history now.

H  Agree in general, although a club with our financial weaknesses sometimes has to take risks.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

We're down.

Loanees can fcuk off, so that means Williams, Gilmour and Normann out the fcuking door and give priority to players who have committed to the club.

Don't forget Kabak.

Part of the club's reputation is for coaching & developing players. Right now, morale is low but deliberately stunting the development of young players would be noted and remembered. 

3 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Guide for next season

G-Bring Hernandez back

Here's my views:

A- We certainly don't want to sign players who don't care about where we finish, but I don't know how you can tell if they don't care. Most players are only out to develop first team experience (like Williams and Gilmour) or just to get them off the wage bill because they're not wanted by their parent clubs (like Hugill and Drmic)

B- Disagree. 4-2-3-1 worked brilliantly for Farke last season. 5-3-2 and 3-5-2 also worked quite well too

C- Pukki will be 32 at the end of this month, and may start need a strike partner, but I'm not certain he needs one yet

D- Yes and no. Rowe is looking rather promising considering he had no first team experience until this season, nearly scoring at Anfield and providing an assist today, but provided we don't lose too many of our key players (like Rashica) I might send him out on loan to one of the newly promoted Championship sides (like McCallum to Coventry and Mumba to Posh)

E- We don't know how much we'll have left or who we're going to lose yet, so I think it we'll have to wait and see which positions we  need to patch up in. Strong dominating midfielders are also usually fairly expensive 

F- He's certainly not PL quality, but I think McLean is ok in the Championship

G- Yes and no. His contact expires next summer and he's fallen out of favour, so I think it might be best to try and get something for him this summer. If we manage to keep Rashica then I think one out of either Rowe or Hernandez will get very little game time

H- We know we don't have much to spend and so sometimes we have to take a gamble. When the signing of Krul was announced loads of people were moaning on here saying "we don't want an injury prone goalkeeper". How many people on here wish we'd never signed Krul now? Byram was only £300k and is very injury prone, but he isn't exactly poor when fit is he?

4 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

We're down.

Think Williams has been as committed as any player this season

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, daly said:

Think Williams has been as committed as any player this season

Easily our best loanee. Not much of a contest mind but if it was he gets the gold. Shame he'll be gone regardless even if he's only 2nd choice at United he would prefer that to the Championship and you can't blame him

Whilst I broadly agree with the sentiment if the OP, as others have said Williams has probably been the best player this year and you can’t accuse him of a lack of commitment.

That Loanee Skipp didn’t do too bad for us last season either.

You can’t just right off the loan option (even if Gilmour is a total waste of space!)

5 hours ago, Samwam27 said:
5 hours ago, Samwam27 said:

Next season, hopefully Cantwell will be bought (by Bournemouth) to raise funds, and Aarons may also be sold, but we've got Byram & Mumba as natural stand-ins. We'll also start with Giannoulis & Mcallum on the left, again good enough, unless any are sold.

I don’t intend this as a dig at Mumba as I’ve not seen enough of him, but I’d caution bigging up a player too much who currently is an unused sub at bottom-of-the-Championship Peterborough…

I was just thinking about this and I think it is quite an important summer ahead. Whilst we signed a few decent players before the last Championship campaign, we brought too many players who have caused us problems this season, including Placheta and Hugill. 

I believe we need to:

a) Sell to balance the books and generate transfer funds. I assume the prime candidates will be Cantwell, Aarons, Rashica and Giannoulis.

b) Get rid of the deadwood. This will be debated over the coming months but McLean, Placheta, Hernandez, Sinani, Dowell and Hugill will probably be the names mentioned. A few of these players may 'be good enough for the Championship' but IMO we have a squad full of players who aren't good enough for the PL and we need to start building a squad capable of PL survival now.

c) Buy players who are good enough for the PL but willing to come to the Championship. It's not easy - especially now with Brexit - but two or three key additions will do. 

It obviously depends on who we sell, but it's the midfield where I'd ideally like to sort out. Get in a decent DCM so that we can finally replace Tettey and have some stability in the middle of the park.

2 hours ago, Yellow and Green said:

I was just thinking about this and I think it is quite an important summer ahead. Whilst we signed a few decent players before the last Championship campaign, we brought too many players who have caused us problems this season, including Placheta and Hugill. 

I believe we need to:

a) Sell to balance the books and generate transfer funds. I assume the prime candidates will be Cantwell, Aarons, Rashica and Giannoulis.

b) Get rid of the deadwood. This will be debated over the coming months but McLean, Placheta, Hernandez, Sinani, Dowell and Hugill will probably be the names mentioned. A few of these players may 'be good enough for the Championship' but IMO we have a squad full of players who aren't good enough for the PL and we need to start building a squad capable of PL survival now.

c) Buy players who are good enough for the PL but willing to come to the Championship. It's not easy - especially now with Brexit - but two or three key additions will do. 

It obviously depends on who we sell, but it's the midfield where I'd ideally like to sort out. Get in a decent DCM so that we can finally replace Tettey and have some stability in the middle of the park.

Why? We won’t be back in the Prem for a while with the current set up 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, City 101 said:

That is correct for certainty.

13 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I miss his Uncle Fred alt. At least that account is funny..

What's happened to old Waveney? He should be filling his boots on here at the moment. 

1 hour ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

Why? We won’t be back in the Prem for a while with the current set up 

Dont worry I'm sure once half our team leaves Delia will let us splash all the millions needed to replace or players and Webber will find just the right guys for us..

Ho ho ho

14 hours ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

I think this is the scariest thing. We've had 2 seasons to bring in some quality and as it stands I'd genuinely question this sides ability to stay up in the championship

Then you are either being melodramatic or an idiot 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, hertfordyellow said:

Then you are either being melodramatic or an idiot 

Be very careful what you suggest HY. You may finish up with egg on your face!

• Like 1