Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

My team for Brentford..

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

🚨 controversial opinion alert🚨

Here's another one..... 

Will you be there supporting the team in person? 

Asking for a friend! 😊 

4 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

team.png

I don’t think that’s controversial, exactly the team I’d pick.

• Like 1

Don't think that's particularly controversial. Don't think that'll be the team Smith will pick, but I'd be far from disappointed. 

Suspect we'll see those players, except an extra midfielder for Rowe and Max for Sam if he's fit. But given the way Brentford overloaded Liverpool's full backs for crosses and set pieces, there would be a real case for Byram's greater stature at RB.

3 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Don't think that's particularly controversial. Don't think that'll be the team Smith will pick, but I'd be far from disappointed. 

Suspect we'll see those players, except an extra midfielder for Rowe and Max for Sam if he's fit. But given the way Brentford overloaded Liverpool's full backs for crosses and set pieces, there would be a real case for Byram's greater stature at RB.

I'm very much in the 'Byram can be a more solid defender than Aarons' camp at this time but I do feel they both bring different aspects.

Byram has to start at right back. He is a much better defender than Aarons who couldn't handle Canos on either of the last two games we played against them. I would find room for Sorensen - someone has to plug the holes in midfield that Brentford like to create on overloads and Normann needs to stop Eriksen dictating play. 

I'd happily pick 4-4-2 but it wouldn't have Normann as part of the 2 in midfield, we'll get slaughtered, he's been worse than ordinanry since his return.

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

team.png

i Would drop Pukki has looked very Tired and not his Normal self in my opinion i feel we need more Strength upfront 

to make the ball stick up front i would move Sargent in middle holding the ball up seems to have more fresh Energy than Pukki and added Strength 

i would also put Dowell on the Right we looked so much brighter with Rowe Dowell and Sargent against liverpool 

i understand Pukki goalscoring Record but i think we have to try something different as we need to find a system that works 

32 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I'd happily pick 4-4-2 but it wouldn't have Normann as part of the 2 in midfield, we'll get slaughtered, he's been worse than ordinanry since his return.

Sadly it's become clear that while he is a good midfielder he's walking injured and still not fully fit

Brave team, don't think it'll be the team that starts.

But also have to admit it's just about exactly what I'd pick too, using what we know from the outside looking in! 👍

Brentford at home, get the job done in the first half and then clog it up! I like it. 

Has Rashica played on the right much before ?

Seems the left is his preferred position…

How’s about putting Rowe on the right or even up front with Pukki allowing us to keep Sargent working the right hand furrow ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, norfolkngood said:

i would also put Dowell on the Right we looked so much brighter with Rowe Dowell and Sargent against liverpool 

You are aware, at that stage Liverpool we’re in game management mode, (1st gear)….. 

10 minutes ago, ged in the onion bag said:

You are aware, at that stage Liverpool we’re in game management mode, (1st gear)….. 

Didn’t do it very well, did they, given we scored and could have had more.  Game management is meant to be about ‘seeing the game out without incident’.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Didn’t do it very well, did they, given we scored and could have had more.  Game management is meant to be about ‘seeing the game out without incident’.

That’s as may be but if you couldn’t see they had eased off the intensity thus making it much easier on us then what’s the point of your response?   

8 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Will someone at least pick a team that has Kenny M starting in it. He’s our best midfielder. 

Go and sit on the naughty step 😂

8 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Will someone at least pick a team that has Kenny M starting in it. He’s our best midfielder. 

Yes, unfortunately Smith will!

God knows why though!

I'd go with CC's lineup except I'd swap Normann for Sorenson. Normann isn't looking fully fit and I think a midfield pairing of Rupp and Sorenson has a bit more steel and potentially free up a little bit of defensive responsibility on the part of Rowe and Rashica.

1 hour ago, rock bus said:

Yes, unfortunately Smith will!

God knows why though!

He may have his faults but, unfortunately he is still the best we've got.

It's interesting to see that all the midfielders who do not play become better players in peoples' minds, until they play, then the new ones who no not play become the better players.

Unfortunately for McLean he keeps getting picked so never has the chance to get better!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Yellow Wal said:

He may have his faults but, unfortunately he is still the best we've got.

It's interesting to see that all the midfielders who do not play become better players in peoples' minds, until they play, then the new ones who no not play become the better players.

Unfortunately for McLean he keeps getting picked so never has the chance to get better!  

Rupp played on Wednesday and looked better than McLean

36 minutes ago, Gordon Bennett said:

Krul

Aarons 

Hanley

Gibson

Williams

Normann

Rupp

Gilmour

Sargeant

Rashica

Pukki

I’d go with this although I would put Rowe in, instead of Sergeant. 

I've said on another thread my instinct is to go with a 4-2-3-1, but am aware that people (including Smith) think this would not work (I'd love to know why BTW).  So

Krul

Aarons, Hanley, Gibson, Williams

Sorenson, Normann

Sargent, Lees Melou, Rashica

Pukki

But what do I know.

2 hours ago, Yellow Wal said:

Yeah that's a good point.

Although Rupp played and looked better than McLean.

And when Sorenson has played he's looked better than McLean.

But other than that, it's a good point.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

I've said on another thread my instinct is to go with a 4-2-3-1, but am aware that people (including Smith) think this would not work (I'd love to know why BTW).  So

Krul

Aarons, Hanley, Gibson, Williams

Sorenson, Normann

Sargent, Lees Melou, Rashica

Pukki

But what do I know.

Slightly semantic, isn't it? If you wrote that same team out as a 433 I don't think many people would have a problem with it.

• Thanks 1