Considering he was yet to make a first team appearance for us before this season, I’m really interested to see how he does next season. Involved in the build up to Rupp’s goal and a great shot that was heading for the top corner. Thought he would go out on loan next season but am now wondering if he might be on the bench

OMG, more pressure on a young player. I doubt he would even get on the bench for Liverpool's under 23s All the big teams have 20-30 young players who are better (and are earning more) in their academies. But yes, he did OK.

You only have to look at how poor our best youngsters are when they go out on loan to realise just how big the gap is even at that level.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

OMG, more pressure on a young player. I doubt he would even get on the bench for Liverpool's under 23s All the big teams have 20-30 young players who are better (and are earning more) in their academies. But yes, he did OK.

You only have to look at how poor our best youngsters are when they go out on loan to realise just how big the gap is even at that level.

Doom and gloom merchant !

Seems to make the right decisions at the right time, which is something we are massively lacking.

Would have him ahead of Placheta and Tzolis for the rest of this season, let alone next.

23 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

OMG, more pressure on a young player.

Don’t worry, chances are he won’t read this post 👍

Once he gets one, he'll get more!

Then get sold to maintain the self-funded clubs bank balance.  😉

5 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Once he gets one, he'll get more!

Then get sold to maintain the self-funded clubs bank balance.  😉

That’s a given. 

11 hours ago, HazzaJet said:

Considering he was yet to make a first team appearance for us before this season, I’m really interested to see how he does next season. Involved in the build up to Rupp’s goal and a great shot that was heading for the top corner. Thought he would go out on loan next season but am now wondering if he might be on the bench

On the bench? The way he's going he'll be 1st name on the teemsheet next season. 

21 hours ago, sgncfc said:

You call praise “pressure” and then knock him down 10 pegs, that method would do his career the world of good

Starts next week. Probably won't but should. Game changed when he came on and looked the best player on the pitch, beautiful assist and almost scored a minute later. Turned Pukki into his old self with his mere presence.

Take notes Dean..

Seasons over, IMO play Sorensen and play Rowe and start planning/getting experience for next season.

• Like 2

On 02/03/2022 at 22:34, HazzaJet said:

Forget the bench. I'd start him up top with Idah. 

Only bright spark this season is Rowe. 

We already knew Sorenson and Omobamidele were the future from their cameos last season, just a shame Farke thought otherwise, even Smith has been late to the party.

On 02/03/2022 at 22:25, cambridgeshire canary said:

What a player he's going to be for us, no doubt will be big next season

He will be loaned out for sure, and Pukki, at 32, will be the main striker!

We clearly don't have the talent so we must try and even it up. Pick players who are developing. See what they have. Try someone in a different position. For instance, PLM is able to hit long passes to each side. So don't fill midfield all the time. Stretch the game, give him room and pick Rashica and Rowe out wide.

Everything we do is by the numbers. Predictable and easily contained. For instance, corners. Up roll Hanley and Gibson and stand in the usual spot for a big lump. Why?

5 minutes ago, Canary Jedi said:

He was good today. Made a real difference. Would like to see him start against Chelsea and rest Pukki for Leeds 

Wish he’d started. I know it’s easy to say in hindsight but wish Smith had been brave from the off, gone 442 put Sargent up with Pukki and Rowe on the right. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Yet another good showing from him.. Why oh why is he not starting? Future of our team.

Michael Bailey said a few weeks back that there are concerns about his endurance and have been for a while. Maybe that's why he is still being used an impact sub.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Yet another good showing from him.. Why oh why is he not starting? Future of our team.

Dean Smith is the reason why.

On 02/03/2022 at 23:34, sgncfc said:

Having read Darren Eadie's assessment of Rowe and his personality and attitude I would say that supposed pressure is not something you need to worry about.

On 05/03/2022 at 17:36, shefcanary said:

Only bright spark this season is Rowe. 

We already knew Sorenson and Omobamidele were the future from their cameos last season, just a shame Farke thought otherwise, even Smith has been late to the party.

I fully agree with Rowe and Omobamidele but I think Sorenson is a player we must look closely at.

Our midfield has been pitiful all season and I still see people calling for Sorenson (and I saw a thread earlier for Dowell) to be given extended spells in the team. If Sorenson and Dowell are so unable to impress and convince two experienced managers that they should have that extended run when the players in their way have been so unimpressive all season there must be a problem.

Sorenson and Dowell cannot be as good as some people think and I would certainly suggest they are not the players to base our future on.

6 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Smugface.emoji

Don’t turn into one of those ‘I was right’ merchants CC - it doesn’t suit you 

8 hours ago, Yobocop said:

Don’t turn into one of those ‘I was right’ merchants CC - it doesn’t suit you 

I'm not Buh don't worry.. Given about 9 times out of 10 my predictions are wrong it's just nice to have got at least one right

42 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I'm not Buh don't worry.. Given about 9 times out of 10 my predictions are wrong it's just nice to have got at least one right

42 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Good man ! 

edit / sorry don’t know what happened there 

Edited by Yobocop