A Load of Squit

Farke at Krasnador

I notice that the Lokomotiv Moscow manager, who is German, resigned today because of the situation ( Though the club later claimed he was sacked). Time for Daniel to follow suit. Additionally if his contract is in roubles they will now be worth substantially less, if it’s in Euros the club won’t be able to either get or afford them.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Creative Midfielder said:

Ok but if we're splitting hairs, then failing to win doesn't always equate to 'awful football' - I would still maintain that there were many games in the first half of that season where we played some very good football without necessarily getting the points we deserved.

But it does seem in the EPL that for many people winning is the only thing that matter and the manner of it is irrelevant - trying play exciting, entainting football is irrelevant unless it is also winning football because the Prem is primarily about money, prestige and most of all staying in the 'elite' club.

Playing football which is good to watch is a luxury that only the super rich clubs can afford in the Prem, as both Farke and now Bielsa have found to their cost.

That they stuck to their principles rather than attempt to switch to the standard negative & cynical Premier League dross in a desparate (& doomed) attempt to stay up increases rather than diminishes my respect for them.

It isn't as simple as 'winning is the only thing that matters.' But the minimum bar I need the team to cross to be 'entertaining'' is to at least be competitive. 

I go back to the Brighton and Wolves away games I attended that first Premier League season under Farke. In both those games we rolled over and let average, midtable teams tickle our tummies before they took home three points. No amount of neat playing out from the back and short passing makes that entertaining to me. I'd rather play defensive, long ball football and actually compete with teams than be neat, tidy and play 'the right way' while failing to remotely compete with the opposition.

The stat that will always stick out to me from that time was zero points picked up from losing positions under Farke in the Premier League. I hated the time under Hughton for a similar reason- concede one goal and we were basically beaten. Nothing 'good to watch' about a team that is beaten so easily no matter the style.

If farke is the man we think he is, then he and his team should resign immediately. 

To even consider supoorting Russia would destroy us legacy here in my eyes

You cannot support the genocide of a nation. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

👏👏👏👏👏👏

Krasnodar and Daniel Farke terminated the contract by mutual agreement. Together with the German coach, his assistants Edmund Riemer, Chris Domogalla and Christopher John leave the club.

Well done Daniel and your team. I appluad you all.👍👏

So pleased he has left, I feel like I care about him and don't want him getting caught up in the mess over there right now.

Good luck with your next step Daniel, but you've done the right thing for you and your staff

• Like 3

On 27/02/2022 at 17:04, TeemuVanBasten said:

He very clearly stated "despite his achievements"

Now you are bringing personality into it, just changing the parameters to suit? 

Lambert achieved a double promotion then kept us in the Premier League, and he didn't get to fund it all by selling some wonderkid to a Premier League side, a la Maddison.

That's his achievement.

If football was a popularity contest or if being a nice bloke won you points then Chris Hughton would be managing Man Utd, I'll stick with the context of judging Lambert on his achievements here thanks, rather than pretending he didn't work miracles here just because hes a bit of a pillock.

The Premier league's richer clubs have got richer. The gap, although big, wasn't as big as it was under Farke's reign! Both managers had different challenges to over come. In my opinion Farke over Lambert any day. Best manager we've ever had!

• Thanks 1

He probably regrets turning down the Fenerbahce job. Does anyone remember any manager, who left before his first match in charge? (Probably he's not the first, but it does not frequently happen.)   

7 minutes ago, Budapest Canary said:

He probably regrets turning down the Fenerbahce job. Does anyone remember any manager, who left before his first match in charge? (Probably he's not the first, but it does not frequently happen.)   

Rosenior at Torquay lasted only 10 minutes if my alzeheimec memory serves me right?

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Budapest Canary said:

He probably regrets turning down the Fenerbahce job.   

Little known fact

If he gets another quick crack at Fenerbahce now, it’s only rapid short-lived  stints at (say) Nantes & then Cagliari, standing between DF and having managed clubs from all the parties to the ‘53-‘56 war in the Crimea in a single  season.

Food for thought…

Let that put to bed any questions about the mans integrity or whether he was just there for the money. The short and blunt statement from Krasnador hints that it was definitely Farke and his team who pushed for this outcome and not the club itself. 

• Like 1

Turns out Farke does have some morals, contrary to some of the posts about him on here. 

Daniel has been a little unlucky over the last few years.  The first PL season with it's injuries then lockdown - then the second PL season starting with such difficulties with covid/injuries and ridiculous fixture debacle - and now not even getting going at Krasnodar.

Let's hope he can find a good project to get him going again.......

42 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Turns out Farke does have some morals, contrary to some of the posts about him on here. 

Did anyone say he didn't?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, hogesar said:

If Russian clubs get expelled from European cups the job's a dead-end professionally. Morals or not.